Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Bollywood film ”Fashion” unveiled in Mumbai

Views: 2717  
Old 12-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Default Bollywood film ”Fashion” unveiled in Mumbai

Bollywood’s ace director Madhur Bhandarkar unveiled the first look of his forthcoming film ”Fashion” in Mumbai on Wednesday.

Film Updates @ Click Here

The film is being produced by Ronnie Screwvala and directed by Madhur Bhandarkar.

National award winning director Madhur Bhandarkar is known for his offbeat films. Recently he won a national award at the 54th National Film Awards for the best film director for his film Traffic Signal.

His film Chandni Bar, made in the year 2001, starring Bollywood actress Tabu and Atul Kulkarni won him critical acclaim and catapulted him into the top league of filmmakers in Bollywood. He received his first national award for this film.

Madhur continued his success story by making films like Satta, Page 3 and Corporate. He won his second national award for his film Page 3.

Madhur Bhandarkar’s film Fashion stars Mugdha Godse, Priyanka Chopra, Kangna Ranaut, Arbaaz Khan, Manish Malhotra and Neil Nitin Mukesh.Film Updates @ Click Here
Speaking on why he chose this subject for his film Madhur said, Fashion is given so much importance by the media these days be it print media or electronic media. Common man must be wondering from where these models come. The common man generally enjoys glamour associated with the fashion but is unaware of the backstage moments. I conceptualized this film from a common man’’s point of view and at this point I thought that I could make a film on fashion.

Madhur is very upbeat about his upcoming film, which he says will give an insight into fashion world to a common man. Bollywood Top Films so far @ Click Here

The title of the film Fashion is self-explanatory. It essays the story of the fashion world, how the models enter into the fashion world, how they walk the ramp. The title of my film explains the story of the film as you have seen in my earlier films like Traffic Signal, Corporate, Page-3 and Satta. I don”t think such a film was ever made in Hindi film scenario. It is also the story of the characters of the fashion world and the one’’s associated with it, said Madhur.

Bollywood’’s actress Priyanka Chopra whose last film ”Love Story-2050” could not set the silver screen on fire was excited on being part of Madhur Bhandarkar’’s film. Film Reviews @ Click Here

I play the character of Megha Mathur in this film. She comes from a small town of Chandigarh to Mumbai to become a supermodel. It (the film) is about her rise and fall, it’’s basically a very emotional journey of this girl, said Priyanka.

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum