Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Story, Review, Box office, Star Cast, Songs, Videos - Mahanati

Views: 2000  
Old 03-13-2018, 07:55 AM

Default Story, Review, Box office, Star Cast, Songs, Videos - Mahanati

This Tollywood actor is all set to essay his grandfather in Mahanati!

This Tollywood actor is set to essay his grandfather on screen.

Mahanati is one of the most anticipated films of 2018 for two major reasons. One, that it’s yet another women centric film and second that it’s a biopic. The movie will chronicle the journey of yesteryear superstar – Savithri. The movie stars Keerthy Suresh, Dulquer Salmaan, Samantha Ruth Prabhu, Anushka Shetty, Vijay Devarakonda. As per the latest update, another actor will come aboard. He is set to play his grandfather on screen, who happened to be a renowned actor. We are talking about Naga Chaitanya who is set to play Akkineni Nageswara Rao in this film. Reportedly the actor has allotted two days to shoot for the part. This project is only getting bigger!

Anushka Shetty recently joined this film to play Bhanumathi, one of Savitri’s famous contemporaries. The story goes that Savithri went on to become a star because all the movies, Bhanumathi rejected came to her. Bhanumathi was known to be a up front, formidable personality. They need someone with an intimidating demeanor to play this role. It’s no wonder they chose Anushka. Dulquer Salmaan will play Gemini Ganesan, an actor who played a crucial role in Savithri;s life. Samantha reportedly will play Jamuna, her close confidante. She will also be the one narrating the story. Interestingly, Samantha was the first choice for Savithri, but Nag Ashwin decided to go with a fresher face. The movie will release in Tamil and Telugu.

The film is expected to release at the end of March. When Keerthy was asked about her apprehension on working with a new director, here’s what she had to say – I never had any apprehensions about his experience because he has done his part well. Be it the way he narrated or the screenplay; it was masterly, and I realised he is completely capable of doing it.
Savithri was one of the most renowned actress of Tollywood who also m=worked across Malayalam, Tamil and Kannada. She was a multi faceted personality who was also known be a dancer, producer and director.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:56 AM

Exclusive: Keerthy Suresh opens up about working with Dulquer Salmaan and Samantha in Mahanati like never before!

Keerthy Suresh has had a fun time shooting with Dulquer Salmaan and Samantha Akkineni in Mahanati - read exclusive interview!

Keerthy Suresh, who has pinned high hopes on her Tamil, Telugu bi-lingual film Mahanati, which is based on the life of the legendary yesteryear actress Savitri, talks about sharing screen space with Dulquer Salmaan and Samantha in the film in this exclusive chat with BollywoodLife. “I know Dulquer from my childhood. My mom has worked with his father Mammootty sir, and Dulquer has worked in my father’s production. Our families have a good connection, and it was nice working with him,” said Keerthy who is currently gearing up for two high-profile releases for Pongal 2018 including Pawan Kalyan’s Agnyaathavaasi and Suriya’s Thaanaa Serndha Koottam.

Keerthy is also part of Saamy 2, which earlier had Trisha playing a vital role before she opted out of the film stating some creative differences. Keerthy will also share the screen with Samantha in Mahanati. Asked about being part of multi-starrers, Keerthy says, “It depends on what our contribution is. Some stories demand many stars. It would be lovely if Trisha mam does the role because everyone loved the pair and the chemistry and people would like to see what happened to that character. It is an add on for the film. So we have to put aside what others are doing in the movie. What my role is and how it is prioritised is what matters. Samantha as Jamuna plays a significant role in the Mahanati. She has a good character, and through her eyes, the film proceeds.” (ALSO READ – The first glimpse of Mahanati poster reveals an uncanny resemblance between Keerthy Suresh and the late South actor, Savithri)

Mahanati is directed by Nag Ashwin of Pilla Zamindar fame and is produced by Vyjayanthi Movies. Although Nag Ashwin is just one-film old, Keerthy never had any qualms about working with him. “We had the narration session for almost three hours. Until someone else has told, I would have never known or felt that the director has little experience. The very thought of making a biopic on Savitri amma itself is very mature. Not everybody can think like that or pull it off as he did. I never had any apprehensions about his experience because he has done his part well. Be it the way he narrated or the screenplay; it was masterly, and I realised he is completely capable of doing it. The only thing I had in my mind was about what my contribution would be and how am I going to do justice to the story,” explained Keerthy, showering praise on the Nag Ashwin. (ALSO READ – Not so glamourous looking Keerthy Suresh from the sets of Savithri’s biopic has got everyone talking)

Now, Keerthy is also in final talks to play the lead heroine in Thalapathy 62 with Vijay and AR Murugadoss. So stay tuned to BollywoodLife as we get you all the dope on this development and other stories from the South right here.
(Text by Surendhar MK)

Old 03-13-2018, 07:57 AM

Not so glamourous looking Keerthy Suresh from the sets of Savithri's biopic has got everyone talking

Keerthy Suresh's look from sets of the Savithri has now been leaked online.

The much-talked about film, Mahanati based on thew renowned south actress Savithri finally went on floors yesterday. Keerthy Suresh has been roped in to play the central character, that is Savithri herself. As per reports on Geetandhra, Nithya Menen and Anushka Shetty were previously considered for the role. The story of this famous actress will be narrated by another pivotal character played by none other than Samantha Ruth Prabhu. Pictures from the shooting location have now been leaked online. It showed a glimpse of Keerthy Suresh‘s look for the film. While the look was a drastic change from her previous avatars, fans don’t seem to be impressed by her avatar. But it’s too soon to tell whether this is actually a look or a leaked picture form the sets. What do you think, is Keerthy Suresh’s look as Savithri up to the mark? Also Read: Samantha unveils the first look of Savithri’s biopic also featuring Keerthy Suresh and it’s empowering

The first look of this film was unveiled recently with the original actress taking centre stage, with the two main leadS – Keerthy and Samantha positioned on both sides.

The film will also star Dulquer Salmaan who will play Tamil star Gemini Ganeshan in this film. This film will mark his Telugu debut. Vijay Devarakonda of Pelli Choopulu fame will also be part of this project.

“There have been countless actresses over the last 80 years in Telugu cinema but none have earned the title of Mahanati, and even today it has solely been reserved for Savitri. It’ll be a magnum opus period film set in the golden era. With massive set pieces, the film will be unlike anything we’ve explored in Indian cinema,” revealed the diretcor Nag Ashwin, while speaking with IANS.

As per reports on Times Of India, the first schedule will continue for five days. The seocnd is expected to begin on June 15 and will go on for 25 days.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:59 AM

Samantha unveils the first look of Savithri's biopic also featuring Keerthy Suresh and it's empowering

Samantha Ruth Prabhu unveils the first look of Savithri's biopic also starring Keerthy Suresh.

After a rocking 2016, Samantha is all set to surprise her fans this year with her unusual line up of films. On the occasion of Women’s Day today, she has unveiled the first look other one of many movies she will be part of this year. This movie is based South Star Savithri’s biopic. While the central character will be played by Keerthy Suresh, Samantha will play a crucial role as well. Some reports suggest, Samantha will be playing Savithri’s friend who will be be narrating the story. The occasion was perfect to release this empowering poster. Savithri takes centre stage as she is flanked by the two actresses of the film. The poster in a way indicates equal importance to both stars. Savithri looks exquisite in the still. We can’t wait to see Keerthy Suresh in the same avatar. As it is, both – Keerthy and Samantha look gorgeous in the poster. So what do you think of the first look of Savithri’s biopic? Also Read: Samantha’s fiance Naga Chaitanya won’t be watching her debut horror film Raju Gari Gadhi 2 – here’s why

Just yesterday, Samantha also released her look from another movie – Raju Gari Gadhi 2. In a black saree, she looked stunning. It’s the sequel to the 2015 hit movie – Raju Gari Gadhi. She will be debuting in the horror genre with this movie. She will star alongside to-be father-in-law Nagarjuna in this sequel. But the most bizarre still was from her upcoming film with Thiagarajan. She was seen trying to **** a man who was asleep, with a butcher’s knife. It created quite the stir among fans. And for those who don’t know, the movie is a rom-com! Samantha also plays an important role in Viajy 61 as well. She is one of the three female leads.

On the personal front, she recently got engaged to South star Naga Chaitanya in a dreamy ceremony on Jan 29. Fans took to social media to wish the couple on their new journey together. They are set to get married this year. So, we not only have her movies, but also her big fat wedding to look froward to!

Tags
mahanati

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum