Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

Pecan Pie - The Most Delicious on Earth (Thanksgiving Recipes)

Views: 6655  
Old 02-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Award Winner

Step 15:

Stick it in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes. Now, if you used a smaller crust, you'll only need 45 minutes. But if you used a deep dish shell like I did, you'll need the hour.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Award Winner

Step 16:

In either case, when your pie still looks like this:

IT IS NOT DONE YET. See all that tan-colored "foam"? That needs to mostly go away before you take it out of the oven. This is all of the air bubbling out of the pie so that it may have a smooth, caramely texture. At least I assume so.

Another way of checking the doneness of the pie is this: take the cookie sheet and move it a bit. Did the pie jiggle like a Jello mold? Are the pecans bulging over the top? If so, wait another few minutes before taking the pie out of the oven.

When the pie has fell back to a normal position and you start seeing clear bubbles rise from the filling, chances are it's done.

In either case, when your pie still looks like this:

IT IS NOT DONE YET. See all that tan-colored "foam"? That needs to mostly go away before you take it out of the oven. This is all of the air bubbling out of the pie so that it may have a smooth, caramely texture. At least I assume so.

Another way of checking the doneness of the pie is this: take the cookie sheet and move it a bit. Did the pie jiggle like a Jello mold? Are the pecans bulging over the top? If so, wait another few minutes before taking the pie out of the oven.

When the pie has fell back to a normal position and you start seeing clear bubbles rise from the filling, chances are it's done.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Award Winner

Step 17:

Ah, yes. Hard as it may be to do, set it out and let it cool for a good half hour. You don't want to cut into a pie that has not congealed all the way yet. And you certainly don't wanna burn your tongue on hot sugar.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Award Winner

Step 18:

Admire it for a while and finally cut into it with a knife and fork. It may not be the prettiest and most cohesive-looking pie out there, but one bite will make you forget those thoughts.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Award Winner

Step 19:

Set out your pecan pie in the kitchen and watch the pieces start disappearing!

Thanks to my lovely girlfriend, Amy, for the beautiful photos and assistance.

Tags
recipe

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum