The British Academy of Films and Television Awards 2018 was one royal affair. Prince William and Kate Middleton also attended the event in London yesterday. A lot of celebrities wore black to support the Time’s Up and Me Too movements. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, which has been winning a lot of awards at other shows, too won five awards last night. The show has been getting a lot of praises everywhere. The film revolves around a mother who is seeking justice for her daughter who got ******ed. It’s definitely in our ‘Must Watch’ list this month. The Shape Of Water, which is still running in theatres in India, also won for Best Direction, Best Production Design and Best Original Music.

Gary Oldman also won the Best Actor award for Darkest Hour. It was one glamorous night and the presence of the royal family surely made the night extra special. Joanna Lumley was the host for the evening instead of Stephen Fry, who has hosted the awards show for over 12 years. Martin McDonagh was on top of the world after his film won so many awards. He addressed the media and said, “Our film is a hopeful one in lots of ways but it’s also an angry one, and as we’ve seen this year, sometimes anger is the only way to get people to listen and to change, so we’re thrilled that BAFTA has recognised this.” (ALSO READ: BAFTA Awards 2018 full nomination list: Three Billboards Outside, The Shape of Water and the Darkest Hour rule the pack)

Here’s the complete list of winners.

Best Film – Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Outstanding British Film – Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Outstanding Debut by British Writer, Director or Producer – I Am Not A Witch Rungano Nyoni (Writer/Director), Emily Morgan (Producer)
Director- Guillermo Del Toro, The Shape of Water
Best Actress- Frances McDormand, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Best Actor- Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour
Best Supporting Actress- Allison Janney, I, Tonya
Best Supporting Actor- Sam Rockwell, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Best Cinematography- Roger Deakins, Blade Runner 2049
Original Screenplay- Martin McDonagh, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Adapted Screenplay- James Ivory, Call Me by Your Name
British Short Film- Cowboy Dave British Short Animation- Poles Apart
Special Visual Effects- Blade Runner 2049Best Animated Film- Coco
Best Film Not In The English Language- The Handmaiden
Best Documentary- I Am Not Your Negro
Best Production Design- Paul Austerberry, Jeff Melvin, Shane Vieau, The Shape of Water
Best Editing- Jonathan Amos, Paul Machliss Baby Driver
Best Sound- Dunkirk
Best Original Music- The Shape of Water
Best Costume Design- Phantom Thread
Best Make Up & Hair- Darkest Hour- The Ee Rising Star Award (Voted For By Public)- Daniel Kaluuya

Congratulations to all the winners! Tell us what your thoughts are in the comments below and stay tuned with us for more.