Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Vinay Rohraa out; Ravi Dubey in - Ranbir Rano

Views: 3128  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Sr.Member

Default Vinay Rohraa out; Ravi Dubey in - Ranbir Rano

Zee TV’s Punjabi love story Ranbir Rano seems to be plagued by bad luck. At first it was the change in time slot, and then came the bad news about the lead girl Sakshi Talwar taking ill. Her continuing sickness has caused the show some problems.

In this scenario comes the latest news that the lead guy Vinay Rohraa will be replaced. According to sources, “He has to leave town as he has to attend to some personal problems. Being a lead actor, he has 2/3 scenes every episode, and the creatives could not let him go. Hence it was mutually decided to bring in somebody else. The new Ranbir is Ravi Dubey”.

Vinay confirmed the same saying he is quite sad to have left the show. “But I had no alternative as I had to attend to a personal issue. I might finish my shoot in the next few days”, he said. However, he rejected the buzz that the chemistry between him and Sakshi was not good. “People liked our jodi a lot”, comments the actor.

He also said that he heard rumors that the lead girl may also be replaced in some time as she is down with a liver infection. Sheel Kumar, Producer, Shreya Creations said, “Sakshi is indeed unwell, but no decision has been taken to replace her”. However, he did concur that if her health does not get better, certain steps might have to be taken.

The actress on her part says that she is better now and hopes that she will continue with her normal shoots.

Let's see what happens next!!
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Sr.Member

Default No leave; Vinay quits Ranbir Rano

Shreya Creations’ Ranbir Rano is going through turbulent times. It’s been a few days since the time slot of the show was changed from 10:30 pm to 11:00 pm, then lead actress Saakshi Talwar fell ill and now the show has encountered another major blow. The male lead of the show Vinay Rohraa is quitting the show and Ravi Dubey is all set to step into his shoes.

A source from the show informs, “Vinay wanted a leave of two weeks owing to some personal problems but being the lead of the show it was not feasible for the channel and the production house to relieve him for such a long duration. He wanted to continue but the personal problem that he’s facing required immediate attention. Ravi Dubey, who was seen in Zee Next’s Yahaan Ke Hum Sikander, will be the new Ranbir. Vinay has also been assured a new show on the channel.”

When contacted, Vinay Rohraa confirmed the news and said, “I had to quit the show as someone very close to me from my family is unwell and I want to spend good amount of time with that person. This is the most depressing phase of my life. I could never think of leaving Ranbir Rano but there is no alternative. I feel very fortunate to start with a big show like Ranbir Rano. I have spoken to the channel and the production house about my decision and discussed the issue with them. They have been very considerate throughout and have relieved me off the show after understanding my plight. I am yet to be informed about the last date of my shoot.”

Tags
zee

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->