Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

First Elimination : Sony TV's Indian Idol 5 (24th May, 2010)

Views: 6497  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-07-2010, 09:11 PM

Thumbs down First Elimination : Sony TV's Indian Idol 5 (24th May, 2010)

A former Sa Re Ga Ma Pa contestant Vishwas Rai from Allahabad is the first one to be eliminated on Indian Idol 5 this Monday. Music composer Pritam was guest judge for the two episodes.

A source from the show says, “Pritam will be grooming these 13 contestants for the whole week. All of them will be singing his popular numbers. Manisha Karmakar, Shashi Suman and Vishwas Rai were in the bottom three. Vishwas has been getting good comments from the judges in every round so no one was really expecting he would be out of the show so soon. In fact Rakesh Maini’s last performance was not very impressive and everyone expected him to be in danger zone this week. On the other hand 19-year-old Manisha too is very talented and deserves to be in the show, but she was in danger. Finally, Vishwas got the boot.”

Next week legendary composer Pyarelal from the Laxmikant-Pyarelal will be guiding the remaining participants.

Rai was also part of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Ek Main Aur Ek Tu in which he was paired with Twinkle Bajpai. This was his third reality show which he could not win.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:15 PM

Default Photos/Videos

Siddhesh Pai averts yet another elimination in Zara Nachke Dikha; and it will be Mukti Mohan who is targeted by the boys this time..

The Mast Kalandar boys had their task cut out this week in Star Plus' Zara Nachke Dikha as they lagged behind in the number of wins to the Massakali girls. And the going was tough as their best dancer Siddhesh Pai was tagged for elimination by the girls last week!!

Watch Full Episode Videos/Photos CLICK HERE

So did Siddhesh manage to save himself or not?

Well, a little birdie told us, "Siddhesh gave an electrifying robotic performance which was appreciated by the judges. With this, yet another elimination was averted on the show".

"Siddhesh gave one more sizzling performance in the Challenge round and amassed a perfect 10 from all the three judges", informs our source.

The week went on very well for the boys, and they happened to win this week's Battle of ***es.

Our source tells us, "After winning the week's contest, the Mast Kalandars targeted Mukti Mohan for the next elimination. They passed out a message to the girls that they believe in giving a tough competition and decided not to eliminate the weakest link amongst the girls. Hence they targeted their best dancer Mukti Mohan who in all probability, will save herself next week".

With this, the Battle of ***es stands at two apiece for both the Mast Kalandars and Massakkalis… It can't get more exciting than this.

Watch Videos: Click Below Links
Old 05-07-2010, 09:19 PM

Full Contestants List with First Stage Performances...More
Old 05-21-2010, 11:39 AM

24th May 2010 Indian Idol 5 Episode Full Videos CLICK HERE
Old 05-25-2010, 05:56 PM

Vishwas Rai the first evicted participant from the top thirteen contestants of Sony's Indian Idol 5 in an exclusive conversation…

Vishwas Rai the most senior and experienced singer among the talented thirteen singers in Sony's Indian Idol 5 looks at his elimination from the show as a positive step, even though he did not expect his ouster so soon..

Tell us about your singing experience in Indian Idol as of now?
The experience has been great. I still remember the time I had got selected from Delhi auditions, after standing in that queue for hours together in scorching heat and quenching thirst, coupled with nervousness.

How's the feel of being associated in a reality show?

The feeling is nice; it gives an artist the idea of where the person stands in comparison to equally talented artists around. Also it is a great professional learning experience which takes us through an entire journey from being a singer to a celebrity.

What was the immediate reaction you had after you heard your elimination news?
I was shocked and surprised, because nobody had expected such a verdict. Most of us were expecting Tia or Manisha to get evicted, but then its fine.

Do you feel bad to be the first person to be eliminated in Gala round?
Absolutely!! It feels bad to be eliminated so soon, but I'm taking it positively. My main aim is to get into play back singing in films and the day I had entered this show my struggle process had begun; so I look at it as a part of my journey and I'm satisfied by the fact that at least the biggies of Bollywood know me and appreciate my voice.

Why do you think you got eliminated?
I think there is so much of great singing happening in the show that audience got confused, or may be mesmerized in the songs that they forgot to vote (smiles). Because in the first round I had sung 'Fashion ka hi yeh Jalwa' song for which I received standing ovation from judges; then I sung 'Chak de India' track and received equally good appreciation. Even after all this, I have got eliminated, so I feel audience couldn't decide whom to vote and whom not to.

According to you who are the strongest and weakest performers in the show?
I feel there is no weak performer as such; all are equally talented and that is the reason they are on the show. But in comparison to other participants I feel Shivam is a very genuine singer.

Even the judges were shocked on hearing that you got eliminated. Did you talk to them in person after the elimination?
Yes they were really disappointed; Pritamji who had come as a guest judge assured me that he will give me a song in his future projects. Even Anu Malik took me to his place, offered me dinner and even an opportunity to sing with him, and he did appreciate my talent.

Who were your friends out there?
I shared a good rapport with everyone; yet I was very close to Shivam who was like a younger brother to me.

Do you hope for a chance to get back to the contest thro wild card?
I hope I'll come and if I get an opportunity I will surely not miss the chance.

If given a chance what would you want to change in the first gala performance of yours?
Firstly, I would like to change my look, cut my hair, and wear some earnings.

How is your family coping up with your early elimination?
Very well, my mother is very strong and she has been supporting me very well.

What are your future plans?
Firstly I would try for play back singing in films and then try something in anchoring too.

Who has been your favorite judge?
Anu Malik, as he loves me a lot.

Which was your most memorable moment on India Idol 5?
The most memorable moment was when I had reached the audition venue in Delhi. As soon as the gate opened everyone just rushed in and I fell down on the ground and the crowd literally stamped on me. I was brutally hurt; a crew member pulled me aside at the right moment. I can never forget that, I just felt I'll die.

You are a well-known singer cum music teacher in Allahabad then why did you opt for a reality show?
For simple reason that no one can make a popular and well established career in 3 months and a reality show like Indian Idol gives an artist that opportunity. and I feel it's a great achievement.

You have even hosted a reality show in Dubai, could you tell us something about that?
Yes I had hosted Sa Re Ga Ma Pa of UAE and Amanat Ali was the winner of the same. I even participated in the same reality show in India in 2005-06.

Who according to you are the top four singers this year?
Shivam, Shashi, Naushad and Shriram.

Tags
elimination, indian idol 5, reality shows, sony

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->