Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Star One's India’s Magic Star (Judges) Full Details

Views: 3908  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-25-2010, 06:14 PM

Default Star One's India’s Magic Star (Judges) Full Details

Bollywood actor Jackie Shroff is back on television: not as a host but as a judge on a magic show called India’s Magic Star on STAR One.

The show aims to uncover the latent magical talent in the country. The magicians would have to prove themselves adept at various different forms of magic - stage magic, street magic, illusions etc.

We spoke to Jackie Shroff about his comeback on television and more...
It’s good to be back with such a unique concept: A reality show which will only have magic. Audiences have watched many reality shows based on dancing, comedy and singing but not a magic show. Magic is something that everyone, from a kid to an aged person enjoys. I’m sure it will be fun. I have just shot for the show’s promos and then by the first week of June, the shooting will start. I am hoping that I will do justice to my new role as judge!

Is this your comeback on television?
Yes, you can say that because years ago, everyone must have forgotten this by now, I hosted a Bollywood oriented show Lehrein and I started the trend of Bollywood celebrities anchoring television shows. Later, I anchored a few episodes of Chitrahaar and then I anchored the show called Missing on Sony. For this show we got really good response but later the makers and the channel didn't come up with another season and after this I was busy with my Bollywood projects but now I have free time, so I am here on television again but as a judge.

What do you think about the show?
Magic is an art that has always fascinated me and I am happy this show has brought it in a unique format and at such a huge scale to the viewers. Our ten handpicked jadugars are immensely talented and will surely enthrall you with their tricks!

Is this the first time that you are judging a show?
That is true and in this show, I am just the entertainment factor because the rest of the judges are renowned magicians like ‘Maya Maya’ S A C Vasanth and Rajat Narasimhan. I am really looking forward to this show, which I am sure will create some magic for us as well.

On the personal front, do you like magic shows?
Oh, kisi ko bhi accha lagega ki koi kaan se paise nikalega toh (Look, anybody would love to watch that a rupee coin would be coming from your ears). I love watching such magic shows. I remember when I was a kid, I used to get excited to watch street magic shows which used to take place every Sunday at Girgaum Chowpatty (Mumbai) and there was a magician called Charlie who was very famous at that time and that time I used to

wonder how could he do this.

Apart from Bollywood movies, which TV shows you like to watch?
I love sports channels and among those I love watching football matches. I love to watch cartoon shows like Tom and Jerry, which I feel gives us a message that small can win against the mighty.

Which TV shows did you watch regularly from the early days of television?
Karamchand-the detective series, I used to watch it regularly and the whole of the cast of the show had acted brilliantly.

Which TV actor will you recognize even in a crowd?
Lola Kutty and Pankaj Kapoor.

About India’s Magic Star
Auditions were conducted to get the best of talent in cities and rural areas, across India. The show will go through an elimination pattern. This show will open the doors to the rarest and biggest of forms of magic at the international level STAR One has done an extensive search across Indian and have choose ten of the great magicians to run unheard tricks in Magic world.

Full Show Details CLICK BELOW - TAGS

Tags
india's magic star, judges, reality show, star one

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->