Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

Potato Chips with Chicken and Thyme Seasoning (Eastern Recipes)

Views: 3401  
Old 02-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Award Winner

Default Potato Chips with Chicken and Thyme Seasoning (Eastern Recipes)

Prep Time: 30 minutes - 1 hour | Cook Time: 30 minutes or less | Serves: 5
Snacks » Chips » Eastern

Ingredients:

Lots of potatoes
vegetable oil
chicken boullion cube
chilli powder
some dried thyme
a little onion salt

The first problem is how to slice the potato thin enough. The answer is with The Cheese Plane. Not only is it an indispensible tool for the cheese enthusiast, it makes perfectly thin potato slices!

In case you've never seen a cheese plane, here it is - excuse the potatojuice.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Award Winner

Step 1:

You can either hold the potato in your hand and slice along the top of it (what I did for the first few batches) but this has a nasty habit of also slicing your fingers when the potato half gets a bit small. The painfully obvious solution is to flip the plane over and set it down - then just push the potato against the blade. No more wastage and no more blood.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Award Winner

Step 2:

Throw the slices into water to prevent them blackening, and give them about 5-10 minutes to rest. Then put them onto paper towels to drain.

Making alot is a little time consuming but you know how quickly you can eat all the chips so just keep slicing. I ended up having to slice up another 3 small potatos because it became really obvious I hadn't done enough. Prepare them in batches, don't try and fry them all at once (unless you've got some kind of huge deep fat fryer, or a massive pot of oil).

The amount below was about what I'd put in at one time, and while they were cooking I'd be slicing up more potatoes.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Award Winner

Step 3:

Throw the sliced potatoes into hot vegetable oil.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Award Winner

Step 4:

When they get to this stage, start fishing out the obviously done ones. Nobody likes burnt potato chips, and the time it took to slice the things you don't really want to waste any.

Use a slotted spoon to remove them from the oil and shake off any excess, then place onto paper towels to blot up the rest of the oil.

Tags
recipe

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum