Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Pratigya - lead actor talks about response to the show

Views: 5036  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Award Winner

Default Pratigya - lead actor talks about response to the show

Man Ki Awaaz –Pratigya is just a few weeks old and it has captured the hearts of women and girls from every corner of the country. This show deals with eve teasing which is still prominent in the country especially in the Northern states of India.

We just look at the show’s performance in the past few weeks of its commencement.

It starts with Pratigya, the lead protagonist, travelling with her group of friends by train from Lucknow to Allahabad. A bunch of paan- chewing hooligans led by this guy called Angad tries to act fresh with them until Pratigya tries to stop them. To spite her, Angad touches her and she lands him a stinging slap. This insult of Angad results in his trying to teach a lesson to Pratigya.

At home, she has a doting mother, an irritating younger sister, an older brother who seems to be involved with something shady and a nagging grandmother who believes that boys should be treated like princes while girls should not be pampered too much.

The first episode showed promise, despite Pratigya’s (Pooja Gaur) insipid presence and average acting. Every one must have felt that the makers were going to take a tough stand on eve-teasing by episode three, one knew it wasn’t going anywhere.

However, surprisingly the show has reached 4th place in the race of TRP on Star Plus. About the feedback, we spoke with lead actor Pooja Gaur aka Pratigya

“So far I am getting positive responses from every where especially college going girls and women are appreciating our hard-work. Even my facebook account is full of positive comments and this has really encouraged me a lot so I think the issue of eve-teasing is working for us in a positive manner.”

Tags
pratigya, soap, star plus

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->