Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Mega challenge gets its hosts

Views: 3055  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-28-2009, 03:30 AM

Default Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Mega challenge gets its hosts

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa mega challenge which is celebrating its 1000 episodes get its hosts The show which will launch on Friday 30 October will be hosted by radio jockeys RJ Archana Jani who was with Big FM and Karan Singh Rathore of Fever 104 FM.

When contacted RJ Archana confirmed the news and said, “Yes I am hosting the show along with Karan and I am excited to do it because I am taking a break from radio. Though I want to explore other mediums radio will always be my first love as I have been in that medium for almost eight years and can get back anytime. But as of now I am happy to host a show like Sa Re Ga Ma Pa mega challenge.”

Karan Singh Rathore too confirmed the news and said, “It’s an honour for me to become a host of such a successful show and I will be hosting all the episodes of the Mega challenge.”

About the show:
  • Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Mega Challenge was a special installment of the popular Indian Sa Re Ga Ma Pa vocal contest shown on Zee TV.
  • This show was a seven-week-long competition among eight teams representing eight different states and consisting of total 24 talented contestants from past seasons of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.
  • Two teams were competing against each other each week starting 30 October 2009, to head towards the finales.
  • The show was made to celebrate the 1000th episode of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, and the Grand Finale on 12 Dec 2009 marked the 1000th episode of this great singing competition - a historic moment for any show on Indian television.
  • Notable Indian singers and musicians were selected for each of the episodes to make the decisions as the judges.
  • The final was between West Bengal (Abhijit Ghoshal, Keka Ghoshal and Sanchita Bhattacharya) and Maharashtra (Vaishali Made, Kaushik Deshpande and Rohit Raut) where the latter team was declared as a winner. Sonu Nigam, Suresh Wadkar and Pyarelal were seen as the panel of judges for the grand night.

The hosts of Mega Challenge are:
  • Vipul Roy and Manish Paul
  • Karan Singh Rathore and Archana Jani (only for the first week of 30-31 Oct)
Karan Singh and Archana Jani are Radio hosts, called "Radio Jockey" or "RJ" in India. They presented impressive Hindi voices in this show, but may have fallen short on expectations of TV audience.

THE FINALS
  • The final was between West Bengal (Abhijit Ghoshal, Keka Ghoshal and Sanchita Bhattacharya) and Maharashtra (Vaishali Made, Kaushik Deshpande and Rohit Raut) where the latter team was declared as a winner.
  • Sonu Nigam, Suresh Wadkar and Pyrelal were seen as the panel of judges for the grand night.
The judges are:
  • 30 & 31 October - Asha Bhonsle
  • 6 & 7 November - Sadhana Sargam and Pritam
  • 13 & 14 November - Suresh Wadkar and Alka Yagnik
  • 20 & 21 November - Salim-Sulaiman and Pyarelal
  • 27 & 28 November - Abhijeet Bhattacharya, Bappi Lahiri and Kavita Krishnamurthy
  • 4 & 5 December - Kumar Sanu and Udit Narayan
  • 11 December - Jatin Pandit, Anand ji, Daler Mehndi
  • 12 December(1000th episode) - Sonu Nigam, Pyarelal and Suresh Wadkar

Tags
host, reality show, saregamapa, zee

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->