Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Gaming review: Hanuman: Boy Warrior

Views: 2261  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-08-2009, 05:48 AM
bholus7

Default Gaming review: Hanuman: Boy Warrior

Gaming review: Hanuman: Boy Warrior

Ads: Redgear A-15 Wired Gaming Mouse with RGB, Semi-Honeycomb Design and Upto 6400 dpi for Windows PC Gamers.

Hanuman: Boy Warrior is not meant for hardcore gamers." That's what anyone even remotely associated with the game would tell me whenever the topic came up. It was a pre-emptive defense for any negative criticism I may have towards the game. But more than a weak defense, it was a bold claim; they were insinuating that this is a game for the casual gamers.

Ads: Redgear Blaze Semi-Mechanical wired Gaming keyboard with 3 colour backlit, full aluminium body & Windows key lock for PC ( Black)

And I'm here to tell you that it isn't. India's first PlayStation 2 game is a disgrace to a great gaming platform, and no one should have to suffer through it, especially those who will buy a PS2 especially for this game and end up being turned away from gaming forever.

Ads: Acer Nitro QG221Q 21.5 Inch (54.61 cm) Full HD Gaming Monitor I VA Panel I 1 MS Response, 75 Hz Refresh Rate I 250 Nits Brightness I AMD Free Sync I Eye Care Features (Black)

People in the industry keep telling us journalists to go easy on Indian developers; to give them a chance. I gave Hanuman: Boy Warrior a good chance and I even promised myself I would finish the game before I wrote this review.

But I just couldn't bring myself to play it all the way through. This game is a perfect example of why we criticise Indian developers. There is an appalling lack of originality here. Just an Indian setting with a mythological storyline and characters doesn't make it original.

Ad: Gaming Headphone, 7 Color RGB LED and Microphone for PC, PS5, Xbox, Mobiles, Tablets, Laptops (Black)

And they're a proud bunch too, Indian developers. They're too good to make low-budget creative games that actually work. Instead, they want to create complete 3D action games and follow standards set by great games like God of War. That's what Hanuman: Boy Warrior tried to do.

The menus seem lifted straight from God of War and even the save points look identical to the fountains of light from Sony's blockbuster.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->