Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Roadies is scripted: Palak

Views: 2183  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-12-2009, 06:11 AM

Default Roadies is scripted: Palak

Reality TV participant Palak aka Gurmeet Kaur lashes out at the producers of MTV Roadies claiming that the show is planned and fake! In her own

Palak More Pics
words...

I don’t want to take names but MTV Roadies is totally pre-planned. Their show is tweaked on the basis of TRPs. And whichever participant they believe can help them garner more TRPs is pushed ahead in the show, irrespective of their true caliber...this is not ‘reality’ television.

In fact, I was told by someone that participants were made to sign a contract according to which, if they revealed the goings on in the show, they would have to pay a penalty of Rs 10 lakhs. Even I was asked to sign an agreement but thankfully I refused. At the time, I wasn’t aware of this clause.

They got me back as a wild card entry on the show after I got eliminated and then started accusing me of bringing down their TRPs. If that was the case, why did they bring me back at all, and why didn’t they let me go the second time when I was close to elimination? Instead, a strong contender like Sufi was sent out.

It was all a game, smartly played by the producers. First, they made me an aggressive character on the show and then told me that people hate me. Even in the semi-finals, Kiri had decided to fight it out at the finals with me but, for close to an hour, Raghu, Ram and other members kept on abusing him and made him choose Nauman.

Even when I fainted on the show, their cameramen surrounded me and kept on recording me from different angles for close to five minutes before getting me medical attention. This is not it. What they showed on screen was also edited. They showed me get up, crying within seconds and then added bytes by other contestants, who blabbered about how I had put up a fake act. This is the level they can stoop to.

They don’t care about anyone. On purpose, they make incompatible, hot-headed people stay together to create some fireworks. They have cameramen following every participant and provoke us to say controversial things. Even the bike that was promised to me has still not been delivered to me.

I just want to tell every youngster out there, who dreams of becoming a Roadie, that it is an insensitive show. They only know how to exploit youngsters for money.

Tags
mtv, reality show

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->