Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Uttaran title in danger..

Views: 2112  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 02-19-2009, 05:31 PM

Default Uttaran title in danger..

The verdict seems to be out, and as per the court's judgment, Uttaran the show on COLORS will have to go thro' a title change... Read to know more..

The title of Uttaran, the show on COLORS is in danger now!! As we know, Ashok Mudgal, a Writer by profession had filed a case even before the launch of 'Uttaran' stating that he owned legal rights for the same title. He had then further stated that he had registered the show concept for a film and a TV show as well, but was then only seeking a stay on the title of the TV show.

Although Mr. Mudgal had then failed to get a stay on title when the show launched, the latest development is that "The learned judge has finally ruled the case in his favor. But they have given the channel and Production House, Film Farm a day's time to change the title", quotes Mudgal to .

But Producer Pintoo Guha of Film Farm stated, "Well the final hearing is still pending. On Friday, things will get clear. Only after that I can give you some clear picture on what is happening".

Another little birdie from the channel chirps, "Well even we have heard this. Things are in process for change in title. All will get clear by Friday".

Mr. Mudgal further says that once the title gets changed, he will also seek a stay on the telecast of the show. "Now I will try to sell my above show rights to other channels". He also adds that the COLORS story is now coming close to his concept.

Asked if a middle ground can be reached with the channel, Mudgal quips, "Well I will first have to be paid 2.5 crores, the money I invested in the film of the same title as well as for the four TV show episodes that I have already made".

When we contacted COLORS, they said they are still in the process of framing a response.

Uttaran focuses on a young girl's journey through life and a mother-daughter relationship. It's the story Iccha and her dreams. This little girl is unaware of the meaning of Uttaran and finds her happiness in many such small things.

Let's see What's in store for Uttaran now!!

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->