Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

"Geographical boundaries cannot judge talent"-Hrithik Roshan

Views: 2050  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-14-2011, 04:59 PM

Default "Geographical boundaries cannot judge talent"-Hrithik Roshan

Hrithik Roshan the God of dance shares his feelings and emotions on dance in a conversation at the launch of Star Plus' much awaited show Just Dance...

The charismatic actor who is well defined for his dancing and hard work, Hrithik Roshan debuts on small screen with Star Plus' Just Dance, a unique dance reality show. The winner will be awarded an amount of 1 crore and will be blessed to do a video with the God of dance himself, Hrithik Roshan.

In a face to face conversation Hrithik Roshan reveals dance and many more about the show.

When asked Hrithik about what according to him is dance he defines…
Dance is an expression, it's a passion, talent, emotion, and one has to just forget and move on. One has to forget all his worries and just let himself out.

What is this show all about?
The show is about pure dancing without any geographical restrictions. Firstly, we have participants from overseas and we also have international coaches to handle those contestants. When the auditions were on, every contestant had an exceptional and unique way of dancing and it was really a hard task for us to shortlist contestants from lakhs to thousands and then to the final 50. I have never been through such stress and emotional upheavals. But it was worth being there. And the other factor of the show is its tag line which says 'Sab Kuch Bhulake' Just Dance; which means it is not only applicable for the contestants but also every person. Because personally, through this show, I want to propagate the right vision of dance. Dance is not looking into whether it is aesthetically perfect, it's something where you are not aware of the outer world and are least bothered about how you are looking. The first form of dance is formless. You have to look stupid, foolish and enjoy the beats; people will automatically enjoy watching you and will want to have the same freedom of expression. The audience will automatically smile, clap for you, they enjoy you because you are letting yourself go. So that is the thing which I want to propagate through this show.

We heard that you did a music video after a long time that too for the first time, why was it so?
Actually speaking, since six years, I tried a lot to dance; sometimes in Akbar's get up which I wondered how to dance, then later in Gurazish again I thought I would dance (smiles), now Agneepath, it is all Khoon Se Latpat Latpat (full of bloodshed), so didn't get to dance. I have not been getting any chance to dance on big screen, and when the offer came up to me, I thought why not take a chance to move my legs here. So 'Just dance' was a good opportunity for me to let myself out and dance because through this music video I have done what I love to do as there is no restriction of any character. And also I see the contestants are doing well, my passion and eagerness to do something better has gone high. So hope my first video would be loved by audience.

How is your bonding with the contestants, because we heard that you are personally attached to them?
Even I was not aware that I could get so much attached with the contestants. And when they get eliminated it's really a very tough task to tell the contestants that you are no longer a part of the show and your journey has been stopped. I want all of them to be associated with the show forever. So I give them my personal number so that whenever they need any help they can approach me.

Who are the best dancers, Indians or outsiders?
Geographical boundaries cannot judge the talents. And dancers are dancers, may it be from a village or a city. There are a few contestants in the show, like one is a vegetable vendor and the other is a trained contemporary dancer, but both are equally good when it comes to dancing. Both are as good as each other in dancing. So geographical boundaries make no difference in dance as dance is universal and is totally aloof from this man made difference of boundaries. I am sure audience won't feel the difference when they will see them dancing.

How is Just Dance different from other reality shows and how far will this show prove to be lucky for the winners?
Talking about the winner I will say, apart from the cash prize of 1 crore and a car, he would get a chance to be a part of a dance video with me. That is something I think will be the most cherishing prize for the winner. Because I feel, the winner will spend all the money as he or she wants and finally it will vanish at some period of time. But the video will always remain with him as a memory. And now talking about my show, then there are a few movies which I do and there are also movies otherwise. In the same way, there are shows which other actors do and this is the show which I will do. Hope you get my point. Otherwise yes the show has a level far above than all the other dance reality shows.

Hrithik, what is the difference between madness and passion?
Dance can be called as madness. Everything for which you have a passion; it turns to be madness for that particular person. If you see through someone else's perception you will see the person going mad behind getting his steps perfect, but from that person's perception its mere passion to get the steps right. So madness is someone else's point of view but actually it's a passion. That's the only difference.

How do you manage time for the show as you must be busy with your other film projects?
I have to manage my time because I am really very busy these days. But time management is something which I am learning. Because according to me, a successful man is not someone who is very rich but is someone who knows how to manage time. If a man wants to do many things at a time, he has to first manage the time; then he is successful. And I am learning time management because as you all said, there are many things happening at a time.

How much time you spend for the show?
As much as time they want, I'd be there on the sets as I don't restrict time for work. Because work has to get done properly, we can't stop the creativity of a dancer just for time.

Which dance form do you feel is difficult?
For me, all the dance forms are difficult. Because whenever I start rehearsing any new dance steps, I feel it is difficult, but only when I bring out my efforts in the dance, something good comes from the dance which is loved by the audience. I start from zero and end up getting better. I am not the God of dance; I don't feel that I am; I am just a happy person. In fact I am a symbol of dance through which Gods of dance will get the opportunity. I would describe myself a hard working dancer.

Who is your idol in dancing?
I have two idols in dancing, one is the true God of dance, the Michael Jackson and the other is true God of formless dancing that is Shammi Kapoor.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->