Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

Baked Char Siu Bao - Buns With Minced BBQ Pork (Chinese Recipes)

Views: 6964  
Old 02-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Award Winner

Step 5:

Mix oyster sauce through sesame oil and set aside.

Mince your onions and pork. I decided to double the recipe halfway through this step, so the next few pics will show half the amount you need.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Award Winner

Step 6:

Get a wok or saute pan hot and put in the oil. Add onions, lower heat to low, and cook until onions start to turn brown, just a few minutes. Add pork and raise heat to medium-high, stir-frying for a few more minutes until pork is heated through, about one minute.

Reduce heat to very low, add wine or sherry, and mix well, cooking for another minute or so. Add sauce ingredients and stir-fry until mixture is thick and bubbly.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:08 AM
Award Winner

Step 7:

Remove from heat and put in bowl. Let cool to room temp then refrigerate for 4 hours or up to overnight (yes, again!) You can make the dough while you let this cool and rest in the fridge.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Award Winner

Step 8:

Make the Dough!

3 tsp dry active yeast
1/2 cup plus 2 TB sugar
2/3 cup hot tap water
2 2/3 cups high gluten flour (look for flour that says best for [COLOR=#2B65B0 ! important]bread[/COLOR] machines)
1 egg, beaten
7 1/2 TB peanut or vegetable oil

I have no pics of this part as I forgot, plus my hands were super messy with sticky dough, for a lot of it so I’m sorry!

In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the hot water. Set aside in a warm place for 30 – 60 minutes (the colder it is inside the longer it will take). Yeast is ready when the top is foamy and light brown. When ready, add flour, egg, and oil, stirring continuously with your hand or a wooden spoon (I prefer the spoon). Stir and knead for several minutes until dough is cohesive and sticks together instead of being a gooey gloppy mess. You may need to add more flour, I think I added about 1/4 cup more a tablespoon or so at a time.

When you feel you can knead it without it sticking everywhere, turn it out onto a floured work surface. Knead for 15 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Re-flour and sc**** up work surface as often as necessary to prevent sticking.

When ready to rise, put into a large, lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let rise until about tripled in size, anywhere from 2 – 5 hours.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Award Winner

Step 9:

After rising (you can see where I poked and lifted the dough with my fingers).

Tags
recipe

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum