Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TOP TV News of the DAY

Views: 6223  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-03-2009, 02:17 PM

Default Pooja homeless in Ladies Special

For all those who are glued to Ladies Special on Sony we bring you some news on the Payal-Harsh track. Payal Sarkar who plays Pooja in the show will soon have a tragic incident in her life. Pooja will soon be thrown out of the house by her husband Karan aka Harsh Chhaya because of a misunderstanding between them.

A source informs, “Poor Pooja, who is already facing problems in her life, will soon get in to major trouble. She will be thrown out of her house by her cruel husband Karan. She will also be molested by her boss who is already eyeing her.”

Continues the source, “Soon people will see that Pooja’s boss cracks a deal with Karan and also promises to send a girl to his hotel room.

Clueless about the fact that Karan is Pooja’s husband the boss orders Pooja to go to the hotel saying it is a business meeting she needs to attend. Pooja is stunned on seeing her husband there. Soon Karan starts beating her and though Pooja explains that she is innocent Karan turns a deaf ear to her and tells her not to step in to their house again. She tries to get in to her home but she gets thrown out by him.”

“Conjecturing about the resultant track of the show the source says, “Pooja may call Shobha (Neena Gupta) for help. Shobha who will soon be separated from her husband in the show may give Pooja shelter in her house.”

We contacted Payal Sarkar and she confirmed, “Yes there will be a misunderstanding but I can’t tell you what exactly the track is, because I myself am clueless about it.”
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows

Default Angad unveils yet another well-guarded secret

Barely has the news about his secret marriage sunk in when Angad’s fans will have to brace themselves for yet another shocking news on their favourite actor. Some time back when Angad Hasija aka Alekh Rajvansh of Bidaai broke the news that he had been married for two years his fans were heart broken. Now the actors goes a step ahead as he confesses that not only has he been married but also has a nine-month- old daughter.

Confirming the news Angad says, “Yes, I have a daughter who is nine months old. We have named her Vaishnavi. She is in Chandigarh with my wife and I intend to bring them here as soon as I buy a house. I am currently searching for our dream house.”

“A certain section of the media thinks that I have done all this for publicity. But I wish to clarify that this has nothing to do with publicity. The show has already made me popular and I don’t need to resort to such cheap publicity stunts. I hid my marriage as my wife wanted me to introduce her to my fans only after I achieved something,” says the actor.

It’s surely a different world they live in. We lesser mortals announce weddings and the arrival of babies from roof tops.

Default Jeevan Saathi gets an extension

In a major relief to the producer and show’s actors, Playtime Creations Jeevan Saathi, that was earlier tipped to end, has managed to get an extension.

Confirming the news, producer Hemal Thakkar says, “Yes, it’s true that we have got an extension. I’m a little busy now so I can’t tell you much.”

An actor requesting anonymity says, “It is true that we have got an extension for 120 episodes. That means the show will run up to February. The initial contract was up to July 2009. It’s a great relief for all of us as earlier we were very tense not just about the show but also about our future.”

Jeevan Saathi is among the first shows of Colors. In the last few months, the TRPs of the show haven’t been that great and that is what put a question mark over the show’s future.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:18 PM

Default Anant Mahadevan turns author

Life, it is commonly said, goes in cycles. No one knows it better than actor-turned-director Anant Mahadevan. He is returned to the small screen as director with Ghar ki baat Hai. Though not really a very successful show, Anant did not lose hope. The perennial fighter is hopeful that the second season will turn around soon. And besides planning to come back with a bang with the second season, he is also writing a book on the television industry.

"It is titled Be There and is based on the television industry and my experience with it. I have been in the industry for more than 25 years now," says Anant. He gets passionate while talking about his book. "My book starts on a morning when I wake up and realise that someone has taken away my television! I also discuss my concern about people like Sayed Mirza, M.S. Sathyu and Kundan Shah who have vanished from the scene after saas-bahu soaps took over," explains Anant.

Anant is hopeful about the second season of Ghar ki baat hai which will tentatively start towards the end of the year. "I think with the first season, not enough publicity and marketing was done. I have learned from my mistakes and will plan the publicity of the show very carefully,"

says a determined Anant. "Nowadays the essence of comedy shows has changed a lot. We just cannot have the same sort of humour we had earlier. The audience will simply not buy it. The new season will be planned with those factors in mind as well," says the director turned author.

The director is also tied up with the promotion of his new film Red Alert.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:21 PM

Default Romit Raj leaves Betiyann for Big B

Romit Raj won’t be known by his onscreen name Yuvraj much longer. The actor is leaving Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyann and his character will soon be ****ed off. However, off-screen, things seem to be looking up for him. Romit may soon be seen starring alongside Amitabh Bachchan in a movie.

Talking about his decision to quit Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyann, Romit says, “I have been doing the show for the past two and a half years and I was bored of doing the same thing. I’m thankful that the creative team agreed to my decision. I have not shot for the last episode of the show yet; I think July 15 will be my last day.”

Romit’s other show Maayka, where he plays Jeet, is also wrapping up. He adds, “I will always cherish the memories I have from both shows. I think Maayka will finish within two months, though I am not sure. Anyway, I have decided to move on.”

As he’ll soon be free from all his TV commitments, Romit sees moving on to films as a natural progression in his career. He says, “I have done two films in the past: Humdum and Yatra. Kushal Nandi directed the latter film. He is making his next movie with Amitabh Bachchan and it is titled The Actor. He has offered me a role in it. If things work out, I will do the film. It would be a dream come true to share screen space with Mr. Bachchan.”

When he thinks about bidding farewell to Betiyann, Romit can’t help but recall the good times he had on the show. He says, “I still remember the day I walked onto the sets. Rajan sir (Shahi) was directing and he told me that it was the best phase of my life so I should enjoy it. He said I’d have a great time doing the show. I also remember a few scenes, like the one I did on kotha, which came out really well. There was also this scene where Yuvraj throws his entire family out of the house. I had to cut my hand in one sequence to prove that I was not a culprit, after which I threw my onscreen father in the valley. We shot the entire scene in the rain. Lastly, my wedding scene, when I had to ride a horse, was the best.”

Talking about his personal life, Romit says he hopes to tie the knot with Shilpa Shinde by the end of this year but he remained tightlipped about any further details of their upcoming wedding.

Tags
reality show, soap, top tv news

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->