Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Aishwarya Rai 20 FLOPS & 10 HITS (Photos/Full Details)

Views: 52016  
Old 11-14-2010, 06:23 AM

Default Guzaarish

Guzaarish (Hindi: गुज़ारिश, translation: Request) is an upcoming Hindi romance film directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, starring Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai in the lead roles. The film is produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Ronnie Screwvala under the banner of SLB Films and UTV Motion Pictures. The film is scheduled for release on November 19, 2010. The first look of Guzaarish was released on September 23, 2010.

Plot
The story is set in Goa, home to one of the most accomplished magicians of the time - Ethan Mascarenhas (Hrithik Roshan). As fate would have had it, Ethan is severely injured when one of his magical trick goes wrong turning him to a paraplegic. Confined in his own wheel chair Ethan's will power only goes stronger and stronger. He becomes the Radio Jockey of an FM Station called Radio Zindagi. His show spreads magic and hope and laughter through his irrepressible wit and humor to every listener and caller, that it is difficult to imagine that this is a man who has been immobilised with a spinal injury for the last fourteen years of his life. Sofia D'Souza (Aishwarya Rai) is his elegant nurse who has been accompanying him like a shadow for past twelve years. Ethan's life centers on Sofia and they share a silent tacit love which is both beautiful and spirited.

However, at the fourteenth anniversary of his accident, Ethan decides to take matters to his own hands and files an appeal to the court for mercy ****ing.This leaves Sofia in an impasse that challenges their relationship and their love. Ethan takes the help of his best friend and lawyer Devyani Dutta (Shernaz Patel) to support his appeal. Devyani , a very practical person, understands Ethan's appeal and agrees to his reasoning and decides to support him in his cause, as a result of which she is sensed as being callous by others. Surprising everyone with her stance Ethan's mother Isabel Mascarenhas (Nafisa Ali) also supports him in his petition, backing her son's demand as always. Though Ethan is consistently persuaded by his physician Dr. Nayak (Suhel Seth), a neurologist, to retract his case, he finally relents to Ethan's appeal when he realizes that the friend in him is much stronger than the medic.

Alongside all the confusions, a young man named Omar Siddiqui (Aditya Roy Kapoor) enters Ethan's life with the sole aim of learning magic from him , whom he considers to be the greatest magician.Omar is earnest and driven by a passion to learn magic, hyper kinetic, quicksilver in his actions - an antithesis to his Ethan's inertness. Impressed by his love for magic, Ethan agrees to pass on his legacy to Omar even as he fights tooth and nail to demand the most basic right to his own life.

The scenario takes an unexpected turn when Ethan's past lover, and now a wife and a mother with a work of her own, Estella Francis (Monikangana Dutta) re-enters his life, to whom her relationship with Ethan is a tragic memory of past. She's put her past behind her but is forced to revisit fourteen years later when she learns about Ethan's decision. The ethics, the morality, the cruelty and the kindness of Ethan's mission causes everyone to be struck by a whirlwind of emotions scaling from enrage to sorrow.

Cast
  • Hrithik Roshan as Ethan Mascarenhas
  • Aishwarya Rai as Sofia D'Souza
  • Shernaz Patel as Devyani Dutta
  • Nafisa Ali as Isabel Mascarenhas
  • Aditya Roy Kapoor as Omar Siddique
  • Monikangana Dutta as Estella Francis
  • Suhel Seth as Dr. Nayak
  • Rajit Kapoor as Prosecutor Vipin Patel
  • Ash Chandler as Yaser Siddique
  • Vijay Crishna as Judge Rajhans
  • Makarand Deshpande as Neville D'Souza
  • Sanjay Lafonte as Father Samuel
  • Jineet Rath as Little Ethan
  • Parveen Rabbani as Rosy
  • Farida Mistry as Maria
  • Achint Kaur as Saroj Vaidya
  • Swara Bhaskar as Radhika Talwar
  • Shaun Williams as Dick Fernandes
  • Priya Antaram as Pamela Fernandes
  • Priyanka Bose as Singer at Martin's Bar

Production
Development
After completing Saawariya, Sanjay Leela Bhansali had decided to focus more on his SLB Film production house. Chenab Gandhi starring Amitabh Bachchan, Vidya Balan, and John Abraham was being talked about in the industry.[2] Meanwhile, he was also focusing on his sister Bela Sehgal's directorial venture, earlier titled, Hadippa.[3] A few news reports suggested that Bhansali had confirmed his next project - a young love story called Hamari Jaan Ho Tum, starring Udit Narayan's son Aditya Narayan and Mahesh Bhatt's daughter. He had denied the rumors stating he was not into any such project.

Other reports stated he had begun working on a film called Heera Mandi. Bhansali had got two male actors and one female actress flown in from Pakistan to train them in acting. But with the death of Begum para, one of his actors in Saawariya, who was also supposed to star in Heera Mandi, the crew had ran into casting problems. So Bhansali started working on an untitled film starring Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan.[5]

Later Bhansali himself cleared the air in an interview that, though he had met a Pakistani actor called Imran Abbas on the insistence of the writer of Heera Mandi, Moin Beg, at around the end of 2007, but came to know that the actor did not fit Bhansali's needs. But he did confirm that he would definitely make Heera Mandi much later and when it happens he would think of the casting.

Bhansali first told media about his next directorial venture, when he gave an interview to the Indo-Asian News Service (IANS). In the interview he said that he had decided to call his film, Guzaarish, which is set to be shot in Goa. Bhansali told that Guzaarish is his tribute to the legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar; "I learnt direction from her voice. ‘Guzaarish’ is my tribute to Lata-ji’s artistry,” Bhansali told IANS. He added that the screenplay of the movie too is inspired by Lata’s passion for excellence.[7] He said that Lata's songs and their lyrics had been used "...to fuel the intense love story. For instance, the song Hai tere saath meri wafaa, main nahin to kya? forms an important part of the film..."

When queried on why he chose a topic which explored the life of a paraplegic, the filmmaker said he likes taking up subjects that are closer to life and not very talked about. He further told that the movie makes one "...aware about the beauty of life and what we have and how we should cherish what we have.. I have learnt so much about living a good life, of becoming a better human being and of evolving as a person".[8]

Casting
Bhansali was in the look out of a matured pair for the portrayal of his lead roles in Guzaarish.[9] His admiration for his muse Aishwarya Rai was very well a known fact.[10] After watching her films Dhoom 2 and Jodhaa Akbar, both of which had starred both herself and Hrithik Roshan, Bhansali decided that the pair exuded a dignity and elegance much needed for his film. He also told IANS that Hrithik and Aishwarya have been chosen to play the passionate lovers in Guzaarish because to Bhansali, they epitomized the physical and spiritual beauty of Lata Mangeshkar's voice."[11]
When the stars where signed on dotted lines, Hrithik Roshan was filming for the film Kites, while Aishwarya Rai was shooting in Kerala for the bilingual Raavan/Raavanan. As a result though Bhansali wanted to start the shooting of the movie by early 2009, the start got delayed since the lead actor suggested to postpone the film until he wraps up his home production Kites." He added that, the project was "..definitely going into a different territory, in more ways than one,” he said, hinting at a unique shooting location. Later sources from the movie said that bulk dates of the two actors had been taken and for the following four months, the film would be shot in Mumbai and two other outdoor locations, which were not disclosed then. It was reported that Roshan would start shooting from July 2009.
On her part, Aishwarya Rai said that both Bhansali and herself had evolved together and were both similar — totally driven and passionate. She told that the director ".. was so excited when he found the right script for us to work together in". She had similar views about her co-star Hrithik Roshan with whom, she said, she shared an amazing rapport.
Hrithik Roshan told in an interview that Bhansali’s film is the only film "....that I’ve accepted after Kites. I just jumped at it. We’re both very passionate film persons. Though there’s one other script that I’m looking at, nothing touched my soul except Bhansali’s script.”

Apart from the two big stars, Bhansali had also signed model Monikangana Dutta to play Hrithik’s former love interest in the film. Sources had revealed then that Dutta would be playing the role of Hrithik's estranged lover. It was informed that Dutta had been signed for a two-movie deal and that "...Guzaarish would be the first and the second might be a solo launch for her. Monika is obviously very excited about bagging the role. She is not allowed to make many public appearances and remains discreet about the film deal...” Bhansali was very tight lipped when asked about Dutta and gave a very brief response saying that her role was pivotal to the film.[14]
During the music release of Guzaarish, it was revealed that Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai were the first choices of the director. Though Rai had agreed to the script without even reading it, Roshan was all set to say no to Sanjay's next. According to Hrithik Roshan "... five minutes into the story narration, I knew that I just couldn’t say no". Hrithik felt that though he had "..played superheroes before. But I feel my character in Guzaarish is the biggest superhero. I learnt how to live life after playing this role. This film will make you smile and give you courage".[15]

Bhansali said that he had always wanted to work together with Roshan for a very long time as he was impressed by his sincerity as an actor. He added that the script of Guzaarish gave him the right opportunity to sign him. About the leading lady, Aishwarya Rai, he said that the role suited her to perfection and though she would have accepted his offer blindly, it was important for an actor to be convinced of what he or she is doing.
Bhansali told that if any one of the leading cast had disagreed, he wouldn't have made Guzaarish. According to him "..the film was only possible if Hrithik and Aishwarya had acted in it".[15]
Amita Sehgal, Casting Director, roped in other casts including Shernaz Patel who was last seen in Bhansali's Black as Michelle McNally's mother, Catherine McNally. Vijay Crishna who was seen in Devdas as the authoritarian father made a come back in the Bhansali's cast ensemble. There were rumors initially that Suhel Seth who was last seen in Pooja Bhatt's Rog had been roped in to play Hrithik's doctor, which were later confirmed. Further, inclusion of Nafisa Ali cemented Bhansali's penchant for picking up his cast from the off beaten track.[16]

Another inclusion was Aditya Roy Kapoor, brother of UTV Executive Producer, Siddharth Roy Kapur, who also was working simultaneously in another of Aishwarya Rai's film, Action Replayy.[17]
It was reported that yesteryear actor couple Dharmendra and Hema Malini's younger daughter Ahana Deol and Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab's son, Sooraj Pancholi served Bhansali as Assistant Directors (AD) on the sets of Guzaarish.[18][19] While Sooraj Pancholi did work as an Assistant Director for the first 2 schedules, Ahana Deol never worked as an AD.
Theater actor Makrand Deshpande was roped in to play an important three-minute cameo in the film on Hrithik Roshan's suggestion.[20]
Dileep Subramaniam is the sound designer of the film. He has years of experience as sound designer in films like 'My Name is Khan' and currently on floor Imtiaz Ali's 'Rockstar'.

Pre-production works
Before starting the filming of Guzaarish, Bhansali visited Ajmer Dargah in Rajasthan for seeking blessings.[21] Bhansali also met the singing legend Lata Mangeshkar, whom he had revealed to be the source of inspiration to him, to seek her blessings before he fully delved into filming Guzaarish.

Sanjay Bhansali meets Lata Mangeshkar
During the meeting, Mangeshkar told that she was a big fan of Bhansali’s films and that she was fortunate to be the source of inspiration behind such a talented director’s film. She told the media members that “..Even I had heard that he makes his singers hear my songs over and over again before making them sing. I’ve always been a big fan of Sanjay’s films, specially Black. I remember watching the Filmfare Awards in the year of Black. Every time the nominations were announced I prayed for Black to win. And it did. If I’m a source of inspiration to him then I count myself fortunate”.

Bhansali candidly admitted that he was very much afraid of meeting Lata since "..one doesnt hobnob with one's god". He added that once he reached her home, he "... just wanted to sit and gaze at her. I realised in person she’s as magical as she is in her singing. There’s something other-worldly about her, a quality I haven’t encountered in anyone else in my life”.[22]
Like all his other films, Bhansali preferred shooting at a studio. Bhansali says, "I like to construct sets and then light it up. It is a part of my story telling. My story needs a setting and I like to create that ambiance." Hence he chose Filmcity, Mumbai to shoot the movie.[23]
Before the actual filming started, Hrithik Roshan spent time with a lot of patients to understand his role better and get into the skin of his character. He revealed that he used to “.. spend six hours with the patients, initially once a week and then once a month. I used to go to understand what they go through, what they think, what their needs are. They have taught me a lot of things. So if I have benefited from this experience so much, I am sure that when people see the film and understand the character, they will get a lot to learn”.[24]

Since Roshan's character was a paraplegic, Bhansali wanted to give him a natural look. Hence he was instructed by the director not to indulge in his regular workouts since he cannot look fit and trim in the film. He was also asked by the director to spot an original beard unlike the artificial one in his previous film, Kites, so as to give touches of authenticity to his character.

The movie is set in Goa ,and hence, Bhansali wanted to give a Portuguese touch to his frames. Sumit Basu, the Art Director, created Ethan's House in Meh**** Studio with a very Spanish/Portuguese flavour and the auditorium for magic acts, the court room, Martin's Bar in Yash Raj Studio. Also keeping in mind the costumes Bhansali hired Sabhyasachi Mukerjee as the costume designer, who had worked Bhansali in Black. Mukherjee had earlier worked in the film Raavan with Aishwarya Rai the same year.[26] Bhansali also wanted an authentic look to be given to Ethan's character and hence Hrithik Roshan was asked to grow a real beard as opposed to his artificial one in Kites.

Filming
The film's shooting started on July 29, 2009 at Meh**** Studio, Mumbai. It was announced that the first schedule would be shot in July and August to capture the monsoon melody and romance of the place.[28] It is notable that Bhansali came back to Goa after his first film, Khamoshi: The Musical for filming a movie. During the first day of shoot, he made sure that his mother was present on the sets. Sources told that his mother was his reason for making films and ".. it is imperative that she be present."[21] Hrithik Roshan joined the crew on July 22.[29] Aishwarya Rai joined the crew during the initial part of August after wrapping up the shoot for Raavan / Raavanan . A specially made to order remote-controlled modernized wheel chair was used in the movie for the role of Ethan Mascarenhas.

House in Goa where the cast stayed.
The next outdoor session of the film was done in Panjim. The lead actors had stayed at the Taj, Goa. During the day shoot at Divar, the unit's base camp was at an Englishman Jan Bostock's home in Divar island, just off Panjim for 4–5 days.[31] Apparently, the film-maker, who is known for his hot-tempered nature threw the continuity sheets of one of the scenes being shot while shooting in the outskirts of Goa when one of his assistant directors made the same mistake twice.

Hrithik Roshan sang a Hindi song in the film, after attempting playback singing in his previous movie Kites, in which he had rendered an English song. Bhansali himself personally trained Roshan for the song. Though the director had got the track recorded by another singer so that shooting in Goa can go uninterrupted, in case Roshan could not complete his recording his version was finally recorded though after four to five takes. Roshan later said in an interview that "Bhansali was really surprised on hearing it."

During the filming of the movie, Bhansali also choreographed some of the songs. He used to dance on the sets of Guzaarish at times to make the moves clear to his actors. Many a times he will break into a dance himself to get the steps that he had in mind conveyed. This took most of his crew to surprise.

Pony Verma, who was the choreographer for most of the songs in the film, revealed that as soon as Bhansali conceived a song, he would send it to her and then sing it to her as well. While shooting the song, a singer and a guitarist used to be on the sets. The choreography took place in midst of live guitar strings and song. According to Verma, this novel way of functioning had enhanced the appeal of the song. She added that when "... the song is playing live, you pick up a lot of nuances on the spot, which really helps the song". Verma was in full praises for Bhansali who gave her complete freedom over the choreography and also acknowledged the efforts put in by the lead actress Aishwarya Rai, with whom she had frequent discussion about the feel of the song.

The third schedule of the film began on October 30, 2009. The grueling schedule lasted till January 2010, at the city's Meh**** Studios.[36] Rumours had it that during the filming of the movie, Bhansali and Roshan got into a tiff over the excessive usage of English in the movie. Roshan, whose previous film Kites was also blamed for having non-Hindi dialogues, did not want to take risk and lessen Guzaarish's appeal. Though there was no comments from both of them, it was learned that the issue was sorted out later.[37] Bhansali himself put all speculation to rest saying that ".. we (Hrithik Roshan and himself) were actually singing along quite happily."[38] Later, towards the completion of the film, both the director and the producers, who realized the need to give the film a mass appeal, reworked on certain dialogues in English which were dubbed in Hindi.[39]
The final schedule of the movie was shot in Yashraj Studios from February 21, 2010.[40] Bhansali found that on the other sets he had shot the film, he was being frequently disturbed by guests, due to which he was unable to provide full concentration the movie demanded. According to the crew "..Yash Raj Studios was not only classy and had all the facilities but it also doesn’t allow guests to come in." Taking these factors into considertaion Bhansali decided to bury the hatchet with Aditya Chopra over a film title and started shooting in the studios. The schedule included a spontaneous dance song with Aishwarya Rai, choreographed by Bhansali himself.The song "Udi" was pictured during this session which was choreographed by Longinus Fernandes, whom Bhansali had judged in Jhalak Dikhla Ja a, a popular dance based reality show. Fernandes was already known for his works in Slumdog Millionaire and Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na. According to him Bhansali "..wanted to make the song different and unique. I asked him if we can add a little bit of Spanish to it and give it a raw, earthy feel. He liked the idea, so we gave the whole dance a look which is very rustic to make it look as natural as possible". The choreographer added that the dance sequence was very distinct in that the audience had never seen Rai doing these such steps. He went gaga over the lead actress saying that she danced like a dream. Longinus said in an interview that it ".. did not take her long to learn the dance but it did take her some time to perfect it and to get into the mood of the character”.

Since the character of Roshan, Ethan, plays a magician in the initial portion of the film, a Ukranian magician was hired for teaching him magic tricks, after a long search for a professional magician. The magic stunts performed by Roshan and Monikangana Dutta formed the major portion of the film shot in the last schedule.

Among the many stunts shot there was a particular sequence in which Roshan had to dance using a large transparent ball as a property. The actor said that he had trained the hardest to practice spin in one of the dance sequence. Roshan said,"I trained for a month. It was not a long piece of dance but there was lot of jazz, ballet where I was required to spin as there is a ball in my hand and I am playing with it as well as dancing. None of my songs up till now have spin because I am very bad at it."[44]

Promotion and publicity
The first look of the film was supposed to be releasing along with Dharma Productions' We Are Family on 3 September.[45] Later the trailer was withdrawn from We Are Family. The official reason given for the postponement of the trailer was the time factor as the producers felt that there was a lot of time before the release of Guzaarish, and hence it was decided Guzaarish's first promotional trailer would feature in theatres a month later with Siddharth Anand’s Anjaana Anjaani. However the real story was that there were some concerns over a sequence showing Aishwarya Rai puffing away frantically at a cigarette in the trailer. While smoking is not entirely prohibited in Indian films, it is certainly seen to be injurious to health, especially since the one smoking on screen is a global icon playing a nurse. Sources close to the film revealed, “Aishwarya is not really smoking in Guzaarish. It’s a very cute, funny and a very beautiful sequence where she is trying to smoke when she doesn’t know how to." Irrespective of the context it had been decided that the release date of the first trailer would be postponed.

Owing to the Ayodhya verdict, the release of Anjaana Anjaani too was postponed to October 1, which also saw the release of another Aishwarya Rai starrer Enthiran - The Robot. Hence Bhansali decided to have a separate promotional trailer launch on September 23, 2010 at Cinemax, Mumbai. Bhansali acted really tough and rejected as many as 200 designs before settling down for one.[47] The first look opened to positive responses. The 1 minute, 48 seconds long trailer focused entirely on Hrithik and Aishwarya and was sans dialogue. The trailer was described by the critics as ".. delightful visuals, exhilarating background score, elaborate costumes, and understated but intense emotions - the promo has a signature Bhansali look and feel. It reminds you of Black, it reminds you of Saawariya. Faridoon Shahryar, Content Head Bollywood Hungama website, opined that the first look was ".. sheer poetry, amalgamation of mesmeric music, metaphorical imagery, a tinge of humour, a larger than life settings, and loads of pathos". Along side the release of the promotional trailer, posters and downloadable background materials were also spread officially through internet.[48]

During the presser, attended by Aishwarya Rai, Hrithik Roshan, Ronnie Screwvala, Aditya Roy Kapur, Monikangana Dutta, Shernaz Patel, other cast and crew of the movie and Bhansali himself, the director said ".. You go through so much in life, so many things about life is unspoken, hope and joy of living, and I thought it was important to make a film which dealt with a topic like this."

A nervous Bhansali, who had met the media after a long time, said he was very afraid of handling a mic after a long time. He thanked UTV Chairman Ronnie Screwvala for his unrelenting support. Bhansali made headlines for the day when he said that Aishwarya Rai was ".. his muse, his jaan, and I get terribly excited when I make a film with her because she is very, very special. Some people are timeless and Aishwarya will be there for another 20 years". About the lead actor he said, "I have never enjoyed working with any other actor as much as I have enjoyed working with Hrithik, just for the kind of talent he has, for the kind of person he is". He also revealed the reason why he became the music director of the movie, "The reason behind doing music of the film is that I think I understand the characters and understand most what they would express musically than any other music director. Some deep thoughts are my concern, so whatever little music I knew, it was a sort of experiment. But I am happy with what I have done,".
Aishwarya Rai told the press that "This was a very special film for us. We are glad to share this special piece of work with you before we reveal it to the rest of the world." Hrithik Roshan shared with the press that it was ".. true that I have not done anything that has been life altering. This movie has changed my outlook towards work changed my life. It is so beautiful that 30 years or 40 years from now, I’ll look back and smile I had the opportunity to make this film."

Hrithik Roshan elaborated on his character saying that he was ".. a super character in the film. I have interacted with about 20 such patients who suffer from complete paralysis of the lower half of the body, including both legs which is mostly caused by damage of the spinal cord. They are real life superheroes and I am representing their emotions on screen". Adding that he never had felt this much responsible towards any other character he had played till date, he told the media that the film did not take any stance on mercy - ****ing. Roshan said that he was able to identify with Ethan Mascarenhas because, when he was going through the Guzaarish script,he had been nursing a knee problem and doctors told him that the knee will never be okay.According to Roshan, the script "..energised me so much that I was not depressed about my knee problem anymore".[44]
Further trailers of the song sequences Udi, Sau Gram Zindagi, Tera Zikr and separate "Making - of" videos of each songs were released subsequently through various online and television broadcasting outlets.[50] Frequent interviews and pressers were conducted as a part of the promotional strategy.

Controversies
A controversy regarding the film's plot originated when veteran Indian writer Dayanand Rajan claimed that the plot of the film was plagiarised from his unpublished novel Summer Snow. "Guzaarish has many similarities with my novel. It's shocking that the main plot, the love story, the hero being wheel chair bound due to accident and even the mercy ****ing are the same as in Sanjay's movie. I had shown my novel to some people in the industry but I have no idea who leaked it to the writer of the film," says Dayanand. The other similarities include a serious accident, in both the scripts, which get the protagonist confined to the wheelchair to the woman taking care of him — it is the nurse who falls in love with Hrithik while in the novel it is his wife who looks after him. Both scripts having key flashback scenes and the woman supporting mercy ****ing for the hero. Raajan has dashed off a legal notice to the producers, UTV and SLB asking them for an explanation on how their film has so many similarities with his novel, however Bhansali's office refused to accept the notice.

In late-October, a public interest litigation was filed Aditya Dewan, a lawyer, in Delhi High Court alleging that Guzaarish promotes euthanasia or mercy ****ing, which is illegal, and portrays the legal profession in bad light. He demanded a disclaimer from the producers saying mercy ****ing is not legal in India and there is a debate on whether such deaths can be allowed. But the case was dismissed by the court saying the facts averred in were inadequate for the court to appreciate and that it cannot be entertained in its present form. "PILs are loose too, for people with hidden agendas. The film is a love story of a man and his life and, yes, euthanasia is part of the narrative," told Screwala, the producer of the film

The soundtrack and the musical score have been composed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali himself, who makes his debut as a music director with this film. The lyrics are penned by A.M. Turaz, Vibhu Puri, and late Jagdish Joshi.

The official music launch of Guzaarish took place on 22 October 2010. The event was hosted by Aditya Roy Kapur. Veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan, who had received his Best Actor National Award a second time for Bhansali's movie Black, was the guest of honour for the event, which also saw Bhansali's mother, Leela Bhansali gracing the occasion. Abhishek Bachchan also attended the event to extend his support for his wife.[55] Actors Aishwarya Rai, Hrithik Roshan, Shernaz Patel, Suhel Seth, Monikangana Dutta, UTV chairman Ronnie Screwvala and Bhansali himself along with the entire music and background team were present in the music launch.

When the album was released, Bhansali told the audience that he could never have got a better person to release his first album as a music director other than Amitabh Bachchan. Overcome with emotions he touched Bachchan's feet to get his blessings to which Bachchan reciprocated warmly and said “I am glad that Sanjay Leela Bhansali has made such a wonderful film with this issue which no one has seen till date”.[56][57] Bhansali said, "I learnt music by listening to it over and over again. My association with R. D. Burman saab in Vidhu's (Vidhu Vinod Chopra) film and music composers such as Ismail Darbar and Monty (Sharma), helped me to learnt a lot." He reiterated the reason as to which why he scored the music for the movie but ruled out the rumor that he would be composing the music for all his forthcoming films.

Bhansali said in an interview after the music launch, that though he had no favorites, the song "Sau Gram Zindagi" was close to his heart. Spreading light on how Guzaarish occurred, he told that he had conceived the lines Bas Itni Si Guzaarish Hain, Yeh Jo Baarish Hain while shooting for the film Black in 2003.

Singers Shankar Mahadevan, KK, Kunal Ganjawala, Vibhavari Joshi, and Shail Hada, who had lend their voices to the film's soundtrack were also present in the event. The singers also gave a stage performance of each of their songs in the album. Bhansali along with the singers sang the song "Sau Gram Zindagi". He said that he dedicated the song to his mother since the lyrics represented her life in all ways. The highlight of the gala night was when the lead actors along with Bhansali sang the song, "Udi" to which the entire audience grooved happily.

During the music launch, Hrithik Roshan was all praises for Bhansali saying that the director ".. is just pure genius, and that's exactly what he was as a music director as well. For most people Guzaarish is just another film, but for its just like nature you cannot possibly put into words this beautiful journey. It's beyond judgment for me." He also thanked Bhansali for making them a part of Guzaarish. Aishwarya Rai supported her director-friend saying "Sanjay is such a genius, anything he does he is the best at it. I'm just blessed and very grateful that I have gotten a chance to work with this genius three time in my career.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:34 AM

Default Special appearance & Guest appearance

Raavoyi Chandamama (1999) is a Telugu language film starring Akkineni Nagarjuna, Anjala Zhaveri, Keerthi Reddy and Jagapati Babu. Aishwarya Rai appears in a song sequence. The film is directed by Jayant Paranji and music is by Mani Sharma. It was dubbed and released into Hindi in 2000 as Sanam Tere Hain Hum.

This is Telugu dubbed Mann and she is Rani;s role in a song.

Mela (English: Fair) is a 2000 Bollywood film directed by Dharmesh Darshan. It starrs Aamir Khan, his real-life brother Faisal Khan, Twinkle Khanna, and Tinnu Verma. It was one of the biggest box office failures of the year 2000,[citation needed] especially since it featured Aamir Khan who had a track record of starring only in selected movies that consistently did well at the box office.

Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam (Devanagari: हम तुम्हारे हैं सनम, Nastaliq: ہم تمہارے ہیں سنم, English: I am yours, darling) is a Bollywood movie, made in India, released on 24 May 2002. The movie is a story of relationships with Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan and Madhuri Dixit playing the main characters.

It is the story of Radha (Madhuri Dixit), who has her little brother Prashant (Atul Agnihotri), her best friend Suraj (Salman Khan) whom she knows since childhood and her husband Gopal (Shahrukh Khan), whose jealousy towards Suraj and disapproval towards Prashant continually grows.
The movie is K.S. Adhiyamans debut in Hindi, a remake of his own directorial in Tamil, "Thotta Chinungi". It took six years to complete.

23rd March 1931: Shaheed is a 2002 Hindi film directed by Guddu Dhanoa which depicts the events leading up to the hanging of Indian freedom fighter Bhagat Singh and his companions Rajguru and Sukhdev on 23 March 1931. The film stars Bobby Deol as Bhagat Singh, his elder brother Sunny Deol as another revolutionary Chandrashekhar Azad and Amrita Singh in her comeback role as Bhagat Singh's mother. Aishwarya Rai has a special appearance in a song.

This is the second time real-life brothers Sunny and Bobby Deol appear in a film together after Dillagi (1999). They later came together for the 2007 film Apne.

The film's release coincided with another film based on Bhagat Singh directed by Rajkumar Santoshi and titled The Legend of Bhagat Singh. 23rd March 1931: Shaheed failed at the box office, but "The Legend of Bhagat Singh" was hit at the box office, and noted for its soundtrack.[1] However both were critically appreciated. This film picked up a Zee Cine Technical Award for Best Art Direction by Nitish Roy.

Shakti: The Power (Hindi: शक्ती, Urdu: شکتی, translation: "Energy" or "Power") is a 2002 Bollywood movie. The film stars Karisma Kapoor, Nana Patekar, Sanjay Kapoor in the main roles. Shahrukh Khan has an extended appearance, while Aishwarya Rai has special appearance in an Item number. The movie is a remake of a Telugu film "Antahpuram".[1] This was meant to be Sridevi's comeback film but was put on hold when she realised she was pregnant with her second child and asked her favourite Karisma Kapoor to step in. Karisma Kapoor and Nana Patekar's acting were acclaimed by fans and critics and received nominations at a number of award ceremonies.

Bunty Aur Babli (Hindi: बंटी और बबली, Urdu: بنٹی اور ببلی, translation: Bunty and Babli), released in 2005, is an Indian Bollywood film directed by Shaad Ali and starring Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, and Rani Mukerji. It was the first film to feature both Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhishek Bachchan, and featured guest appearances by Aishwarya Rai and Tania Zaetta. It was one of the biggest hits of the year.

The plot, although it draws on the idea of two rather lovable crooks, does not contain much violence. In fact each of the adventures of Bunty and Babli are thoroughly Indianised, like the fake selling of the Taj Mahal. It draws comparisons to the American classic "Bonnie and Clyde", however there are no dark elements to the film. In fact, as stated above, there is very minimal violence and the characters do not die a bloody death, unlike their American counterparts. The robberies done were usually to teach a lesson or exact revenge for some previous altercation.
Old 08-30-2021, 07:11 AM

Jodhaa Akbar is a 2008 Indian epic historical romance film co-written, produced and directed by Ashutosh Gowariker. It stars Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, with Sonu Sood, Kulbhushan Kharbanda and Ila Arun in supporting roles. Set in the 16th century, the film centers on the romance between the Mughal Emperor Jalal-ud-din Muhammad Akbar (Hrithik) and the Princess Jodhaa Bai (Aishwarya) who becomes his wife, on a marriage of convenience. A. R. Rahman composed the musical score and it was also a musical hit.

Filming began at Karjat and the film was released on 15 February 2008. Upon release, it was a critical and commercial success. The film won the Audience Award for Best Foreign Language Film at the São Paulo International Film Festival,[7] two awards at the Golden Minbar International Film Festival,[8] seven Star Screen Awards five Filmfare Awards and two National Film Awards, in addition to two nominations at the 3rd Asian Film Awards.
Old 08-30-2021, 07:13 AM

Raavan is a 2010 Indian action-adventure romantic film co-written, co-produced, and directed by Mani Ratnam. It stars Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Vikram (in his Hindi debut) in the lead roles, while Govinda, Nikhil Dwivedi, Ravi Kishan and Priyamani feature in key supporting roles. The film follows the crux of the epic Ramayana, but with its own modified storyline not to be confused with the original Ramayana, Story is nowhere close to the original. In the movie, a police officer is on the chase to find a tribal leader and lawbreaker, who has kidnapped his wife. Beera Munda, the kidnapper, and his motive for the kidnap has been led on by the death of his sister, as a result of police custodial torture and brutal ****. The film explores the search by the officer, whilst exploring the changing emotions that the three protagonists experience with each other, leading to a riveting climax, situated in the jungle. This film is based on Stockholm syndrome.

Raavan was announced in February 2008, whilst Abhishek and Aishwarya's collaboration in the second time after Guru (2007),[4] creating more anticipation. Shooting began soon after, and took place in various locations with a record number of extras in areas including Chalakudy, Kerala and Ooty, Tamil Nadu amongst other regions throughout India. The film's music was composed by A. R. Rahman, with lyrics written by Gulzar, the cinematography was handled by V. Manikandan and Santhosh Sivan, and editing is done by A. Sreekar Prasad.
The film was simultaneously released in Tamil as Raavanan with the film's antagonist Vikram, playing the lead role, and Aishwarya Rai reprising her role in Tamil as well. Furthermore, the film was dubbed in Telugu as Villain.[5] All the three versions released simultaneously on 18 June 2010 worldwide. The film's premiere was held in London on 16 June 2010
Old 08-30-2021, 07:14 AM

Sarbjit is a 2016 Indian biographical drama film directed by Omung Kumar. The film features Aishwarya Rai as Dalbir Kaur and Randeep Hooda portrays the title role Sarabjit Singh, an Indian man who was sentenced to death by the Supreme Court of Pakistan in 1991 and who consequently spent 22 years in prison for alleged terrorism and spying. Despite being innocent, he was 22 years in prison in Pakistan and died badly. Richa Chadda and Darshan Kumar play supporting roles.

Made on a production budget of ₹15 crore and marketed at ₹8 crore, Sarbjit premiered at the 69th Cannes Film Festival and was released on 20 May 2016 to mixed reactions from critics. The film turned out to be a profitable venture at box-office by grossing about ₹43.88 crore worldwide after its two-week run.

Tags
aishwarya rai, photos, stars

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum