Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Bollywood's controversial quotes

Views: 8278  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:39 AM

After his break-up with Kareena Kapoor, when Shaid was asked on a television channel if he would work with Kareena, he reacted, "If my director wants me to work with a cow or a buffalo, as an actor, I am ready to do it."
Old 09-14-2010, 04:39 AM

Actor Aamir Khan's severe criticism of Amitabh Bachchan's Black caused a rift between the two. Aamir said in an interview, "I didn’t like the film. I found it very insensitive, it sends out very wrong signals. It was extremely manipulative. I could see the effort in the manipulation, and the art of the director is in not letting you see the manipulation. The sensibility wasn’t right for me, I couldn’t make out if they were living in a house or a museum or a library or a church. The performances were over the top."

He further said, "Black reminded me of The Taming Of The Shrew, and I found that very disturbing. It was a film about ‘I can teach a bear how to dance.’"

Extremely upset, Big B reacted strongly, "I failed to understand how a polio affected person can bowl as shown in Lagaan and the insensitivity shown towards a blind girl played by Kajol in Fanaa.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:40 AM

Even Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire was up for some criticism and most prominent among all was from Amitabh Bachchan who wrote on his blog, "If Slumdog... projects India as a Third World dirty underbelly developing nation and causes pain and disgust among nationalists and patriots, let it be known that a murky under belly exists and thrives even in the most developed nations. It’s just that the Slumdog... idea, authored by an Indian and conceived and cinematically put together by a Westerner, gets global recognition. The other would perhaps not."

Later on, Big B took a u-turn.

Another star who criticised Slumdog Millionaire was actress Shilpa Shetty. She said, "Obviously, it’s about the slums. I just feel that internationally recognised films focus more on our slums and poverty. So I just wrote on my blog two days ago that for a change I’m doing a film that focuses on the beauty of India and its culture. That’ll be interesting to watch as well."

With her views on pre-marital ***, actress Khushboo has caused a storm in Southern Indian states. She said in an interview, "Pre-marital *** is okay provided safety measures are followed to prevent pregnancy and ***ually-transmitted diseases."

She also added, "No educated man today would expect his wife to be a virgin." She later apologized for her comments.

Tags
controversial quotes, controversies, stars

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum