Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Elimination : Indian Idol 5, 31st May 2010

Views: 3388  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-29-2010, 12:59 PM

Default Elimination : Indian Idol 5, 31st May 2010

Seventeen-year-old Meghna Kumar is the next one to be eliminated from Indian Idol 5. Visually challenged Meghna from Jhansi failed to impress judges with her performance last week and had to pay the price for it.

Our source says, “Musical Maestro Pyarelalji was a guest judge this week; he trained the remaining 12 contestants for his various compositions.

Meghna’s last performance was not very impressive and she was expected to be in the danger zone this week. She was visibly sad after hearing the results.”

Katrina Kaif, Ranbir Kapoor and Arjun Rampal too were celebrity guests this week. “Sundihi Chauhan performed this week with Pyarelalji. All contestants did a special entry act which was dedicated to Pyarelalji. Raajneeti stars were present on the sets to promote their movie and had a blast with the contestants,” the source adds.

Meghna’s elimination will air on Monday.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:57 PM

Episode Full Online Videos CLICK HERE
Old 06-01-2010, 05:57 PM

Meghna Kumar, the 12th runner up of Indian Idol Season 5 on a chat.

Meghna Kumar,
the Jhansi girl in Sony's Indian Idol 5 who very well reflected the never-say-die spirit of Jhansi through her strong sense of self-confidence despite her inability to see, talks to Tellybuzz about her future plans and how she could have done better at the show.

How was your journey in Indian Idol?
It was a fantastic journey a great experience. It feels good that I had been a part of such a journey and I will make use of all the lessons that I learnt in this experience.

Why did you say after the elimination – 'I knew this would happen'?
I don't know my intuition had been working that way for around two to three days that I will be eliminated. It was just intuition and nothing else.

Did you feel homesick since you stayed here away from your family?
I wasn't entirely alone. Father was with me , he took care of all my needs so I didn't really feel 'lonely' so to say…

Who did you get along with well among the contestants?
I got along with everyone very well. Since I did not trouble anyone, everyone was good to me (laughs).

How did your friends support you?
They supported me too well. They said – If you've made it so far then definitely God is on your side. Also, your father and your guru (Sameer Bhalerao from Jhansi) have trained and supported you spectacularly. You only have good things in store for with so much going on for you and our support.

Why do you feel you got eliminated even before reaching the top ten?
Well, obviously elimination happens due to lack of junta support …so I guess, I lacked their support…

The judges said – you lack the feel in your songs…
The judges know best. If they say so it is right. I will work on improving the feel of my songs.

What exactly caused for your eyesight to go away?
Well, it happened around four to five years back. The doctors didn't say much about it just that my eyesight would deteriorate…now it's pretty much gone completely…so that's about it.

Do you feel if this weren't the case with your eyes, you would've performed in a better way?
Yes indeed, I face a problem. Honestly, I feel I could have interacted better with the audience had I been able to see them and make eye-contact with them.

How did the judges' comments help you?
They have helped me a lot. I followed every word of theirs and made sure I inculcated their tips in my next performance. And it was wonderful to hear when the judges noticed and appreciated my improvements.

Can you tell us who you feel will reach the top 3 in this season of Indian idol?
I can in no way answer that question (laughs).

Now that you've gained recognition, what is your next step?
My immediate plan is to move out of Jhansi and find more opportunities in bigger cities like Calcutta and Mumbai. I am looking forward to do concerts and other performances.

Tags
elimination, indian idol 5, reality show, sony

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->