Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

2010: Top 10 TV Reality shows of the Year (And TOP 100 Soaps/ProgramsControvercies..)

Views: 24092  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-28-2010, 04:51 PM

Top 10 Indian Reality TV moments in 2010

Indian television is full of drama and emotions and the same factors get multiplied when it comes to reality shows. The reality shows are supposed to offer the real side of the participants but here things take more emotional and dramatic twist to get TRPs and votes. However, we also have some sensible reality shows, where you have least chances to manipulate. In 2010, we had lines of such reality shows, which offered some wonderful moments that cannot be forgotten. Here, we are giving you glimpses of such moments-

Rahul and Dimpy's wedding

1. Rahul Mahajan's dramatic wedding on Imagine TV

Rahul Mahajan, who was only known as Pramod Mahajan's spoilt son, made his own identity through a reality show 'Bigg Boss' and in 2010, he took it to the next level by marrying a Bengali girl Dimpy Ganguly through yet another reality show. Rahul conducted his Swayamvar titled 'Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega' in Imagine TV and girls came falling for him. After lots of drama with other prospective brides, he finally took wedding vows with Dimpy on camera.

2. India's got talent khoj 2
The much loved reality show of 'India's Got Talent' came with its second season and filmmaker Sajid Khan replaced veteran Shekhar Kapoor as one of the three judges. Colors channel garnered some more TRPs and the music group 'Shillong Chamber Choir' from North Eastern state Meghalaya took away the top position this year through their innovative performances.

3. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan made her first television appearance on Master Chef India

Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, who is never seen promoting any of her films in any television shows, made her first appearance on Star Plus's reality show 'Master Chef India'. Ash did not appear in her father-in-law's show 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' but she made an exception with Akshay Kumar's show 'Master Chef India'. She appeared in the show along with Akshay to promote their film Action Replayy.

4. Star Plus announces first 'Master Chef India' winner
Pankaj Bhadauria, a teacher from Lucknow, becomes first 'Master Chef India' winner, which was declared on Christmas evening. The lady, who resigned from her 16 year job to make her passion her profession, was very confident in her work since the beginning. After winning the title, Pankaj has earned the grand prize money worth Rs 1 crore , a cookbook by her name and a cookery show to be hosted by her.

5. Star Plus airs first ever religious Reality Travel Show Mahayatra

We have seen reality shows based on dance, singing, comedy as well as game shows but Star Plus came up with a unique religious reality travel show titled 'Mahayatra'. The show included 12 contestants both males and females and their parents. These families had to go through various tough tasks before they get the holy opportunity to travel a holy place in India. The show was unique of its kind in India and Vishal Kunder won the show with his parents. He got the opportunity to take his parents on 'chardham yatra'.
Pamela Anderson in Bigg Boss 4

6. Baywatch star Pamela Anderson's entry in Bigg Boss house

Colors' reality show 'Bigg Boss season 4' had a grand moment when the hot 'Baywatch' babe Pamela Anderson entered the reality show. The TRPs got higher and the temperature inside the house turned hotter. Pamela was even seen dancing to the tune of 'dhak dhak', which was made popular by Bollywood star Madhuri Dixit.

7. Imagine TV took to past life regression sessions through 'Raaz Pichhle Janam Ka'
Imagine TV started a unique reality show 'Raaz Pichle Janam Ka', which took the participants through the journey of past life. Many celebrities like Shekhar Suman, Celina Jaitley,Monica Bedi, Ravi Kishan etc are seen undergoing the past life regression and recovering from their fear, which was supposedly due to some incidents of their previous lives. The show created a furor by getting involved into controversies regarding its credibility.

8. Madhuri Dixit enters Indian television through 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 4'

The 'dhak dhak' girl of Bollywood, was first time seen judging any reality show in Indian television and it was her passion for dance that made her one of the judges of the show 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'. She had a grand entry with her ****ing smile and deadly dancing moves. The actress came to India from the US only to judge this reality show and that was a wonderful gift for the Madhuri fans.

Roshni Chopra

9. Imagine TV announces Roshni Chopra as the first 'Desi girl'
Imagine TV came up with a different kind of reality show 'Desi Girl', which had eight sizzling beauties of entertainment industry. These city bred girls were sent in a village in Punjab were made to live the lives of villagers along with four families. Each of the four families in the village gave shelter to four hot items of Mumbai. But these girls had to obey the orders of these families and do all household works like the rural women. Television actress Roshni Chopra managed to impress the villagers and the viewers and became the first 'desi girl'. The show was hosted by actor Rohit Roy.

10. Salman Khan announced as host of 'Bigg Boss 4'

Since its beginning, the Colors reality show 'Bigg Boss' has seen Bollywood stars as its hosts. Arshad Warsi hosted the first season then Shilpa Shetty took up the hot seat in second season and third season was hosted by megastar Amitabh Bachchan. But the fourth season started with the Dabangg star Salman Khan as the show's most glamorous and successful host. He even beat the record made by Big B with his unique cool and casual styles. Initially, Shah Rukh Khan was also considered to host the popular reality show but Salman beat his rival and got this opportunity with a grand fee.

We are all ready to bid 2010 and most of these reality shows will not be seen in the year 2011 but we cannot forget them because they were memorable moments of this year and will stay close to our heart ever.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:24 AM

Today is 31 of December and I know that you are all aware that it's 31 December. But that's not the point. We here at Tellybuzz did a brainstorming session on what to give our readers on New Year. We thought about the most cliched ones like New Year Wishes and New Year Resolutions. But then we thought why to give readers something that has already been used..

Tellybuzz has already presented you 'Yeh Dill Maange More' wherein we included the shows that our dear viewers crave to see again. And also we gave a tour to the tours that our telly stars are heading to for New Year. We also got to you a list of shows that you can look forward to in the year 2011.

And now we thought that it is time to show some masaaledar and chatpati news and news makers of the industry in 2010.
I am sure that you guys will enjoy the read as much as we enjoyed hunting for them.
So here comes the spicy news and news makers of the year 2010.
The name 'Rakhi' in itself creates controversy, so why to ask about the show. Rakhi was all set to provide justice to all the seekers who came to her through that show Raakhi Ka Insaaf but she herself couldn't find justice to the controversies that she brought along with her. The show had gone to an extent, which apparently led a participant to commit suicide due to depression after he was abused and excruciated emotionally in public through the show. The show claimed to bring justice to the troubled souls but led themselves into trouble with the most foul language that Rakhi used to converse with the participants.

Bigg Boss!!! The name itself suggests that the show has really something big in it with the double 'g'. And it indeed has not just one big thing but really big controversies related to that. With the declaration of names of Pakistani contestants, the show already succeeded in hitting the headlines of all the newspapers and channels and other media publications. Well, that's what we call the news making show!!! Shiv Sena who was silent till then voiced their strong protest against the inclusion of Pakistani actors and really banged the show asking to ban the channel at that time slot. Good beginning Bigg Boss. Thanks to all the participants, the great activities that took place in the show made the I&B Ministry to declare it as an adult show and push their slot to 11 in the night. However, then came the twist with the channel getting a stay in terms of time slot. Veena Malik became the most ***y massage queen and her relation with Ashmit spread out hot waves in the media. And the heat got wilder with the entry of Pamela Anderson followed by the Dhak Dhak she did in the show. Do not worry Dolly Bindra is not forgotten. Dolly Bindra triggered fight where we saw the contestants conversing in beeps!!! New mode of communication, we must say. How can we forget the grand wedding that took place inside the house that created a festive mood but a sensation and a blaze in the media? The news about Ai and Sara's already happened wedding three years back was breaking in every channel. And their marriage is on the verge of breakup after Sara got eliminated followed by the friction in their relation. Wow Bigg Boss, you are really the biggest boss in making news as well as news makers!!!
These two shows have created history in the television industry that made the Information and Broadcast Ministry interfere in the programming of the channel. The Ministry till then mute regarding the shows raised their legal power to voice on their shows. The ministry was so charged up that the shows were declared as adult shows and were asked to telecast after 11 pm. But as we all know, our legal system is so fast that the order was stayed by Colors while Imagine prefered to adhere to it.

'Star One shows to air on Saturdays too' was a great news for the viewers, as they will get to see their favorite shows and stars for an extra day. But what about the production house and the channel and most of all the actors? When we raised this query to some of them, we got mixed responses from them. (Stars' take on Star One's six day development..).

All the seasons of Swayamwar has brought along with it a whole lot of controversies. In the first season, Rakhi herself brought along the media with her and the second season also hit the headlines when people came to know that Rahil Mahajan was going to be there. Season three brought in a new name, Ratan Rajput, who is a non controversial person till date. But how can anyone associated with Swayamvar stay out of sensational news? Ratan also was finally dragged into news after her Zee TV show getting an extension came out...

Ali Merchant and Sara Khan owe it to the media!! Reason - They have been in the headlines for whatever they have done this year, whether it be when Sara Khan opted out of the popular show Bidaai to show her true self to viewers in way of Bigg Boss or for the reasons that came later. Well, this was just the beginning, as her closeness with Ashmit Patel inside the house caught all smoke and fire. Whatever the real reason maybe for the entry of her boy friend into the house, the pair yet again was talked about in the media. And what to say about the big fat wedding of theirs that took place in the house? Or the breaking and sensational news that was carried out when the two parted ways... The year certainly belonged to Sara and Ali, as there has not been another actor who has managed to create as many ripples as these two have!!

Well, amidst all these hot news there has been other news makers who created a sensation in the industry.

Amitabh Bachchan returned to television yet again, with Kaun Banega Crorepati on Sony TV and how!! The show became a overnight hit and gave the channel a great impetus when it came to GRPs.The show not only opened to great numbers on Sony Entertainment Television, but also ended on a very good note, so much so that the channel has immediate plans to bring in a new season.. The host, the evergreen actor Big B hosted the show splendidly well and has definitely become the 'Icon' when it comes to the show titled 'KBC'... With the likes of Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar giving cut-throat competition,Big B proved to all that he is a force to reckon with, at this age too. There is not beating him, isn't it?

The viewers and loyal fans of Kitani Mohobbat Hai also fall in to the achievers' category this year, as their preseverence and loyal love got back their favorite show yet again on television. Yes, we are talking about the comeback of Kitani Mohabbat Hai on Imagine, and the way the channel and production house were forced to adhere to the requests of fans. With this, the very popular Jodi of Karan Kundra and Kritika Kamra got back to the show in the loved avatar of Arjun and Arohi.. This really proves that the viewers' demand is something that just cannot be ignored...

A feel good show like Sasural Genda Phool doing well on Star Plus has certainly paved a way for other channels and production houses to think about coming up with something that is out-of-the box. Ravi Ojha Productions' Sasural Genda Phool is a typical example of multi-tracking shows doing well on television!!. A complete family entertainer with a very good ensemble cast, the show has already made a mark for itself at the early evening slot. The succes of this show has changed the meaning of prime time on television, and this is a big achievement considering the cut-throat competition that prevails amongst GEC's today..

Well, these are just a few News Makers of the year gone by i.e. 2010. And now it's time to get into the New Year, and watch precisely to see who makes it to the headlines first..
Old 01-01-2011, 09:28 AM

2010 had been a year of surprises for the television industry with all new surprise packages like never before. There have been various ups and downs that sometimes brought the stars under shock or that pleasantly surprised them.

With the New Year setting in, Tellybuzz had a small chat with the stars about how their life in 2010 was and here they gave the answers.

Read on to know more!!!

Abhinav Shukla:

What were the pros and cons this year? It was a usual year where in problems kept coming and financially, and personally it was a great year. I did a lot of stuffs that I love like trekking, travelling, snake catching and handling. And also health wise it was good.

A mistake that you would never repeat? I should be careful in my approach to people and choosing friends because I open up to them easily once I get close.

Your New Year wish? I do not wait for New Year to wish something because I believe that all days are meant to be wished.

What s**** do you most want to learn or improve this year? I would like to learn stuffs that are not related to work.

What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your work life this year? I want to learn the s**** called time management and also try to be a little extrovert.

What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year? I think I should cut down on the time that I spend on partying.

Who is the person you most want to encourage this year? There is no one person that I would like to encourage except all my friends and family members.

Sukirti Kandpal:

What were the pros and cons this year? The year has been like a mixed bag and professionally great because after Dill Mill Gaye, I got to do a completely different role in Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo and now I am doing Pyaar Ki Ye Ek Kahaani. So professionally the year had been good but personally there have been ups and downs but I would like to come over them.

A mistake that you would never repeat? Not taking decisions on time

What s**** do you most want to learn or improve this year? I just need a break because we are shooting day and night and a relaxation in itself would be a great improvement.

What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your work life this year? I would like to ask for a script bank so that we do not have to struggle a lot.

What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year? I do not get time to waste at all; I don't even get time to wash my hair daily (laughs). I wish I could get some time to really waste.

Who is the person you most want to encourage this year? I would like to encourage my friend, Rishabh Jain. He is a builder and I want him to build more houses so that he does well in his profession.

Your New Year wish? I wish to have a BMW car and ride myself. But before that I need to learn driving and get license.

Piyush Sahdev:

What were the pros and cons this year? Professionally I had only advantages because after one year of break I got back to television through Pratigya and once the role in Pratigya ended, I got the offer from Geet Hui Sabse Parayi. But at the same time health wise the year has not been that great because I had put on after Pratigya and once I entered Geet, the show demanded me to lose some for which I am struggling day after day. Talking about my personal life I had the most wonderful year because I got the love of my life after the wait and am planning to get married in the coming year.

A mistake that you would never repeat? I have had losses because of my impulsive nature and I very badly want to get over from that behavior.

Your New Year wish? I wish to get married early next year.

What s**** do you most want to learn or improve this year? I would love to improve my singing s****s. Even though I am not that much a great singer I would love to work on that, and am doing riyaaz every day.

What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your work life this year? I want to improve my acting s****s so that I get better day by day. But television is a closed medium wherein there are a lot of restrictions regarding the body language, which is not the same in films. I would also love to do films in the coming year for which I am really trying to improve myself.

What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year? Actually I do not have much time to waste, because in the morning I get up early for workout after which I go for work. Being in the industry, I do not socialize much and I feel it is not such a good idea.

Who is the person you most want to encourage this year? I want to encourage the young generation and pass on the message that please do not waste your time and realize what you are and understand the value of life.

Rati Pandey:

What were the pros and cons this year? This year has been a great year; I was working all the time and as I do not believe in negativity I just have the view that bygones are bygones.

A mistake that you would never repeat?Trusting people blindly and I feel I have to be a little reserved in that regard when making friends.

What s**** do you most want to learn or improve this year? I would like to improve my dancing s****s and I hope to join classes in January. And also I am really obsessed with my figure and I would want to maintain that by working.

What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your work life this year? I would work on my memory improvement techniques so that I remember my lines and scenes well.

What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year? I am a very sleepy person and I feel that I should cut down on my sleep. But at the same time I am enjoying the break that I am getting because I have been working day in and day out. I am hogging also and I would like to cut down on that.

Who is the person you most want to encourage this year? I would encourage, Jas Karan Singh, Abhishek Sharma and Navina Bole to have a beautiful year ahead. They are by long time friends and I will always be there with them.

Your New Year wish? I wish this year I get engaged in work and also keep my family happy and the friends I have remain friends forever and ever.

Rohit Khurana:

What were the pros and cons this year? The year had been a great year for me because Uttaran had changed my life and now I have completed a movie with Red Chillies and I have got a show to do with Star Plus. But at the same time the show got delayed due to couple of reasons like the female lead kept changing, and the time slot was also an issue.

A mistake that you would never repeat? I am completely lazy about my workout, so I think I should balance my work and concentrate on my physique equally.

Your New Year wish? I would love to do more movies and talks are going on for that.

What s**** do you most want to learn or improve this year? I want to improve my dancing s****s. Even though I have a rhythmic body, I do need to improve on that because films are my ultimate dream and dancing is something that you cannot survive without in that industry.

What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your work life this year? I learn everyday and thankfully I have had great co- actors every time, and being with them I learn a lot grabbing their qualities.

What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year? I love partying and I would never give up because I get applauses from people at such occasions and I get high on that.

Who is the person you most want to encourage this year? I want to encourage all my friends and co-actors whose shows have gone off air this year. I would like to tell them not to lose heart, because when one door closes, the other opens.

Ratan Rajput:

What were the pros and cons this year? this year has been a great year with work and since I am not a pessimist I do not keep bad memories in my mind.
A mistake that you would never repeat? All mistakes are like teachers that help us to move forward and whatever mistakes I did, I do not regret it.
What s**** do you most want to learn or improve this year? I want to learn whatever possible this year from my senior artistes and teachers.
What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your work life this year? There are lots to improve in my work and all happens unintentionally because when you do a particular scene you realize that there are lots to learn still.
What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year? I talk a lot on my phone to my family and friends. I just bump on phone once I get time off. Even though I seem to be independent and staying alone, I am completely dependent on my family.
Who is the person you most want to encourage this year? There is no one particular person who I would like to encourage; I would like to be an encouragement for everyone and I hope whatever I do inspires people in one way or the other.
Your New Year wish?I wish everyone to stay happy and spread happiness around.

Vishal Karwal:

What were the pros and cons this year? The best thing about this year is that I am working every day and I am completely engaged in that. But counterpointing the same, I really wanted a break after Bhagyavidhaata which I had planned too, but never happened because my passport had been damaged and couldn't get my visa done on time.

A mistake that you would never repeat? I did my engineering knowing that I wouldn't continue a career in that. But I would not call that a mistake because I learnt a lot from that life.

What s**** do you most want to learn or improve this year? I definitely would want to improve my acting s****s and also I would love to brush up my flying s****s too. As I have a pilot license I used to fly when I was in US, but in India it is really difficult to practice it as a hobby.

What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your work life this year? I have always been open to suggestions and would love to continue that. Even after the shots I would take suggestions from my seniors and tips to improve in the next.

What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year? I love watching TV and when I am at home also I am in front of it like a couch potato. So I think I should do something constructive than watching TV.

Who is the person you most want to encourage this year? I want to encourage my younger brother, Aditya Karwal, and ask him to concentrate more on business and help my father. But if he wants to do something different that he likes I would support him for that too.

Your New Year wish? My student life was in Boarding schools and I would love to open a Boarding school for which the land has already been purchased in Palampur where I was born. I wish that the work starts in 2011 because at the moment all are busy with work including my dad as we have our own jewellery business.

Yashashri Masurkar:

What were the pros and cons this year? The best thing that happened this year was Rang Badalti Odhani and since I am a workaholic I do not believe in anything negative.

A mistake that you would never repeat? I do not regret the mistakes I did because all have been learning experiences.

What s**** do you most want to learn or improve this year? I would love to improve my dancing s****s. I have learnt Kathak but now I would love to learn other forms.

What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your work life this year? Every day I try to improve myself and everyday has been a learning experience.

What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year? I would like to cut down on the time that I spend on travelling

Who is the person you most want to encourage this year? Actually I want to discourage my friend from getting married; I want him to be free to come and hangout with me.

Your New Year wish? I want everyone to be happy and have the basic needs of life so that they do not suffer for that.

Nishant Malkani:

What were the pros and cons this year? The year has been good and nothing sad has happened till now. This year I got to do shows like Miley Jab Hum Tum where I got recognized and got to do the lead role in Raam Milaayi Jodi.

A mistake that you would never repeat? After Miley Jab Hum Tum, I put on weight as I had stopped working out. I had a physique which was evident in the show and I drained it off after the show and now I am working out to bring it back. So henceforth I will not do that mistake of stopping my work out.

What s**** do you most want to learn or improve this year? I want to improve my acting s****s so that I would get myself into films.

What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your work life this year? I would want to improve on my body language and dancing s****s and everything that is related to acting.

What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year? I waste a lot of time on my Blackberry Messenger and keep chatting with my friends from other shows.

Who is the person you most want to encourage this year?I would love to encourage Priyal Gor, because she just needs to brush up her acting and she will do great in future.

Your New Year wish? I wish to have two days at least when people just forget me and leave on my own (laughs).

Additi Gupta:

What were the pros and cons this year? This year my show went off air which was a con for me but at the same I got another show like Zara Nachke Dikha which I enjoyed doing. But then I got eliminated in between, which again put me on a low. But today I am really happy with my bunch of Guinea pigs with which I am having a great time.

A mistake that you would never repeat? Invite insecurities that I am feeling right now on the sets in Sangini. I took up the role thinking that even though it is a parallel lead I would get more time for myself. But then the show turned out to be something else than I had expected. I also want to work on my impulsive behavior because it hurts people.

What s**** do you most want to learn or improve this year? I want to explore and learn a lot of things. I wish to do a show in Star One which is completely youth based and energetic.

What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year? I waste a lot of time in sleeping and I would like to get charged up next year.

Who is the person you most want to encourage this year? I really want Mukti Mohan and Nishant Bhatt to grow well in the industry and would definitely encourage them.

Your New Year wish? I wish not to repeat any roles that I already did and would want to become a new Additi who is very sorted. Also I forget things very fast and would want to get rid of that.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:18 PM

The Year 2010 has just gone by, and we are into the first day of the New Year. On this occasion, TellyBuzz managed to have a word with the Channel Heads of few Hindi GEC's and get their views on the gains that their channel has seen, channel strategies for the year 2011, the best show according to them in the year gone by and much more…

Vivek Bahl, Executive Creative Director, Star India:

Five Gains from the Year 2010 from the channel's perspective.
We have really broad based in our content and we brought in a variety of shows wherein at 7PM there is a complete family based and Saas Bahu drama, Saathiya, which is now doing extremely well. At 7:30 there is yet another show which is a family oriented show that is loved by all. The shows at 8 and 8:30 are shows of high drama and with Gulaal at 9PM, we brought a completely different show with a rural backdrop. Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hain at 9:30 has made the mark and is doing very well which the viewers enjoy even today. Tere Liye portrays a complete love story. After 10:30 there are shows which have bold concept and strong protagonists. These were the fiction shows that hit the screens this year. With Master Chef, we have brought in a different concept of reality show that people never expected to be brought that too with Akshay Kumar, and regarding the dance and song reality shows also, there has been a variety. Even though the media has a second thought about this, Star Plus has the biggest variety shows in Television.

From the strategic point of view, this year had been great as we have been doing Maha Episodes for which we received good response and for the same reason we started keeping it on Sundays too. We have been staying consistent in giving the viewers afternoon shows without repeating a show many a times. We have extended the slot to 11:30 also for the shows that really bold and tough in the outlook.

Another major gain that we received is the response after the major branding that we did with the new logo and the tagline 'Rishta Vahi Soch Nayi'. And in the coming year we will be doing shows keeping this as the main aspect.

The Learning curves from the Year 2010. (Or the strategies that did not work for the channel)
Most of the ideas have worked well for us and luckily all the shows are doing well in the channel. But what we learnt in the couple of years is that we should not stick to one particular concept. For a particular time that was the mistake we did and we got caught up with shows of only one concept and feel good shows. We realized that we should come up with shows that have bold concepts as people also need difference.

Channel Strategies for the Year 2011. Explain.
I cannot divulge details about it but all I can say is we will be following the concept of Rishta Vahi Soch Nayi and there will be a lot of experimental and fresh shows this year some of whose promos are already on air. We are also planning to push in more time slots in the coming year.

The Best Show of 2010, according to you.
I know some people might not agree with me for this, for me the best show is Saathiya because at the end, all what matters is the audience response which is evident from the TRPs. And we never did big scale marketing for that show and we got poor response initially, but then today it stands to be the best show in television.

The shows to look forward to in Star Plus in the year 2011
There are shows whose promos have already been aired and also I can talk about my show which I am producing which is tentatively named 'Navya' which I am doing with Swastik Pictures.

Your message to viewers...
Please use the remote less and we will keep up the trust that you always had in us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashvini Yardi, Programming Head, COLORS:

Year 2010 proved to be an exciting year for us as variety of new shows, new concepts, ideas and new talent came into limelight and was very well received by the viewers. Our two mega Reality shows – Fear Factor- Khatron Ke Khiladi and Bigg Boss 4 were able to garner more eyeballs this season owing to new innovative format and content. Both Priyanka Chopra and Salman Khan struck a chord with the viewers. Bigg Boss house for the first time graced Hollywood star Pamela Anderson in the house. The show also saw WWE superstar The Great Khali as one of the housemates along with some Pakistani artists Begun Nawazish Ali and Veena Malik. This year we also discovered a soulful choir group from Shillong ( Shillong Chamber Choir), on India's Got Talent – Khoj 2. They were crowned this year's winner and were given the opportunity to perform in front of The President of USA, Barrack Obama during his stay in India.

Apart from reality, we also experimented with our fiction line-up. Balika Vadhu underwent a 5 year leap and new Anandi played by Pratyusha Banerjee was well accepted by the viewers. Once again we focused on content based on 'real-life' incidents and social issues with Rishton se badi..Pratha, that is based on 'honour ****ings' in India.

We acquired and showcased the latest Bollywood blockbuster movies like Dabangg, Once upon a time in Mumbai, Kites etc, thus bringing big screen closer to the small screen.

We also extended our footprint to USA, UK and the Middle-East and have got an overwhelming response.

The Best Show of 2010 across all channels, according to you.
There were so many of them. Year 2010 was full of surprises for the GEC sector. With ever-changing audience preferences, all major GECs experimented with new content and format across fiction and Reality.

The shows to look forward to in COLORS in the year 2011.
As a channel we will continue to entertain our viewers and bring value to our advertising partners. In terms of programming, we have already planned our new show launches in the first phase of 2011. We are gearing up with some impressive line-ups both in the fiction and the reality genre, starting with Phulwa and Mukti Bandhan, which will be launched in the second week of January at the 9 and 9:30 PM slots respectively. We have the recently launched Hema Malini's Productions Maati Ki Banno that is being aired at a new slot of 6.30 pm since December 27.

With regards to non-fiction, we will soon air the second season of Chak Dhoom Dhoom Team challenge with Mallika Sherawat, Terrence Lewis and Jaaved Jaffrey as the judges. The show will see participants from across the world too. We will also be bringing in the original Indianised production of the Guinness World Records™ to Indian audiences for the first time. The new show, Guinness World Records, Ab India Todega, will premiere in early 2011 and will allow Indians to showcase their talent and go head-to-head with world record holders from other countries.

Your message to viewers.

Viewers continue to be our prime focus and we will continue to entertain them through our daily dose of entertainment. We will focus on new and innovative content and continue to engage with our viewers across all levels. They will get to see some new and exciting mix of shows on COLORS in the year 2011.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danish Khan, Marketing Head, Sony Entertainment Television:

Kaun Banega Crorepati went on to become # 1 show on Indian show.
The growth story of two fiction shows – Krishnaben and Saas Bina Sasural.
Continuous popularity of CID
10.9 TVRs with 3 Idiots, a good movie backed by good marketing and presentation with yield great result
With Adalaat, getting a new genre legal drama and a protagonist who can last years - KD Pathak

The Learning curves from the Year 2010. (Or the strategies that did not work for the channel)
Variety, Quality and Novelty works brilliantly on Indian Television.

NA

Kaun Banega Crorepati on Sony Entertainment Television.

The shows to look forward to in Sony in the year 2011.

Krishnaben Khakrewala.

Mushtaq Shiekh, Creative Director, Sahara One:

Our five gains from 2010 would be our five launches this year. All these shows were very diverse in terms of concept and treatment. They added a lot of freshness to the Channel palette and also helped us garner more eyeballs across all age groups. Bitto, Shorr – Goongi Kanku Ki Bolti Kahani and Ganga Kii Dheej are doing quite well and we are quite positive about the newly launched 'Hamari Beti Raaj Karegi'.

The competition across the Hindi GEC genre has been aggressive. With all our 5 launches this year we tried to offer something fresh to the audiences. Keeping the current television trends in mind, we have to take more chances and more risks as the audience is open to experiment and is willing to see something new each time.

We have a couple of projects that are actively moving forward. But right now our primary focus is to ensure that our freshly launched shows do well. We want to move slow and watch our shows grow. We are also looking at strengthening the other bands other than prime time band. We will continue to offer varied entertainment as we have been doing in the past with a target to increase sampling and reach and overall channel viewership.

2010 has been an eventful year for Sahara One. We launched 5 shows this year. But Ganga Kii Dheej would win my vote for the best show of 2010.. It has been received very well by our viewers as well as the feedback from the industry has been very good. GKD has been the first of its kinds with a hard hitting story line, a fantastic crew and a dream cast.

The shows to look forward to in Sahara One in the year 2011.
This is a secret you will have to wait and watch for... But yes all I can say is that 2011 is going to be a very exciting year for Sahara One.

Your message to viewers.
This decade has changed the face of Television. Indian Television has hugely evolved as a medium and it's only going to get bigger and better. The next decade is surely going to be something to watch out for. So continue to be glued to us. Keep Watching Sahara One !!!

Saurabh Tewari, Programming Head, Imagine:

The success of the second season of two of our reality show, Nachle Ve and Swayamvar was indeed great. There is always a misconception that the second season of any show does not do as well as the first, but we proved this theory wrong. We now have the third season of Swayamvar in pipeline.

In the fiction line-up, we tried different kinds of stories like Gunahon Ka Devta and Armanon Ka Balidaan Aarakshan. Both are unique male-oriented concepts with a different kind of story-telling. Especially GKD has done very well for us.

Another plus for the channel has been the rise of popular television writers like Raakesh Paswan, Kamal Pandey, Jayesh Patil turning Producers. This enables such writers to focus on limited shows on a larger level wherein they play a bigger role. The success of Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo is indeed a positive sign, and gives us the leeway to experiment to a larger extent.

Few of our earlier fiction shows went wrong in the way of story telling. We are in the process of bringing a new fiction line-up and feel that we are on track.

Content usually makes or breaks a channel, and we are working on a totally differentiated programming in terms of concept.

Sasural Genda Phool.

The shows to look forward to in Imagine in the year 2011.
To begin with, we have Zor Ka Jhatka which is a huge property. The presence of Shah Rukh Khan in it makes it very special. Then we have the 3rd season of Swayamvar coming. We have some terrific and interesting fiction properties that are very different, which a love stories. The 4-5 fiction line-ups will have some never seen before concepts with great interpersonal relations.

Your message to viewers.
Imagine will be the channel to watch for in the year 2011. I am saying this not at the cost of sounding arrogant, and we are not over confident too. We are trying our best to come up with a difference.

Tags
2010, bigg boss 4, dance india dance doubles, dance india dance little masters, emotional atyachaar, india's got talent khoj 2, jhalak dikhhla jaa 4, kbc4, khatron ke khiladi 3, photos, rahul dulhaniya le jaaenge, rakhi ka insaaf, reality shows, saregamapa singing superstar, top 10, tvshows

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->