Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Top TV News of the DAY

Views: 3437  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-10-2009, 07:00 AM

Default Top TV News of the DAY

Shaan is back on SaReGaMaPa

Shaan parted ways with SaReGaMaPa a few years ago, but when he was asked to appear in the two episodes of the current season as guest judge, he happily agreed.

The singer said that it was an honour for him to return to the best singing competition in the country and said that he was very impressed with the talent that the nation has produced through the show. Shaan added that every time a season started, he thought to himself that this would be the last lot of singers, as no one could be better than them. And yet, he was amazed at where such talent kept appearing from.

Shaan had left the Zee TV show over some problems between the channel and the former management. The singer confessed that he had always wanted to return to SaReGaMaPa but couldn’t due to his close friendship with the old team. After leaving the show, Shaan hosted Voice Of India, but he now given that up as he wants to concentrate on his singing career.

The episode featuring Shaan will air tonight at 9.30pm on Zee TV.

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-10-2009, 09:16 AM

Such is the craze of 'Tabassum's Golden Belan' in Zee TV's Ladies Special that our lady Tabassum had to sustain a great fall.

The 16 year old Kritika Sharma from Amritsar was so very excited to receive the 'Golden Belan Award' that she could not contain herself and ran towards Tabasssum ji to grab it. So forceful was the hug that the 65 year old Tabassum ji could not control herself and fell flat on the floor with a big thud! The lady already suffers four fractures on her leg and this sudden accident meant an ultimatum to Ladies Special. But kudos to the lady for her extraordinary spirit!

Everybody rushed at her side to help her out but she stood on her two feet unflinchingly… And within 15 minutes, she was all set for the shoot in her usual self. Not a stress line on her face which could claim that she had just had a life threatening fall…

Hats off to the lady who is still so young at heart!!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:17 AM

Sujata Sehgal who plays the domineering and solid Ela Gujral in Star One's Love Ne Mila Di Jodi shares that in real life she is actually a very cool mother.

She says, "My character Ela Gujral is like a solid fort for her three daughters. She is very stern but that's her way of loving them. She is protective and watches out for them because she has seen the uglier side of the world. She feels it's necessary that her daughters have a shell around them or else people might just walk over them."

Sujata elaborates, "In this case, she is happy with Damini, for Damini is a carbon copy of Ela. She is completely sure that Damini will never be taken for a ride. She is very worried about Avni for Avni still thinks the world is a fairyland. Ela wants Avni to wake up from her dream.s Roshini is a very happy-go-lucky girl but Ela is not worried probably because she knows Roshini will grow up with time."

But when it comes to real life, Sujata is completely footloose. She says, "In my real life, me and my daughter Madhyama are like sisters or more like best friends. When we are together the house is on fire. We keep teasing each other, fooling around."

There is sometimes role reversal between the mother and daughter. Sujata says, "I am gifted because my daughter is truly mature. She is very understanding and at times surprises me because she gives me great advice! I feel she has been my mother in my previous life!"

Madhyama stays with her grandmother Kiran Sehgal, who is a renowned Odissi dancer, in Delhi. However Sujata makes sure Madhyama and she get to spend quality time together by proper time management.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:00 PM

Muskaan Uppal
, the little girl of seven years is the new entry in Star Plus' Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil. She comes in as the daughter of Prem (Harshad Chopra) and Heer (Additie Gupta), and will play a key role in bringing them together.

We talked to the girl's father Narendra Uppal who said, "My daughter will be playing the role of Chahat, daughter of Prem and Heer. She has a very interesting track".

"The six year leap in the show has already been taken, and Chahat lives with her mom Heer. Her dad Prem is not aware of her existence. Muskaan will enter the show tonight, 10th July and her entry scene is where she dashes against her father, Prem Joneja", states the little girl's father.

Muskaan has done nearly 25 commercials; the recent ones being an ad with Smriti Irani for Aquafresh. She also awaits the release of her debut film where she plays the daughter of Vinay Pathak and Rituparna.

Well, we welcome yet another tiny-tot to the world of television!!
Old 07-10-2009, 06:06 PM

Default The Badshahs of comedy :Rajesh-Rajeev

They are Akbar and Birbal of the 21st century. Talented actors Rajesh Kumar and Rajeev Nigam depict a totally different version of the historical icons in Comedy Circus 2 as well as in Dekh India Dekh. Relaxing on the sets of Dekh India Dekh both enjoyed a brief chat with . Read what they had to say about their jodi, present era of comedy and about their characters.

Since you share great on-screen chemistry is it long since you know each other?

Rajesh: We both met during Comedy Circus 2 for the first time. Initially I was supposed to do the show with someone else but it didn’t happen and I had to search for another partner. On the other hand Rajeev was also facing the same trouble. I had heard about Rajeev and his mind-blowing performances in Laughter Challenge, so I thought that we would make a great couple.

Rajeev: I am happy that it was the right decision.

Whose idea was it to portray the funny side of Akbar-Birbal?

Rajesh: It was basically Rajeev’s idea to bring the witty side of both the legends. Also everyone knows that they both shared a great chemistry and there are so many tales about both of them, so we thought that we could do a lot if we pick these characters.
Rajeev: Our first act in Comedy Circus 2 was appreciated hugely. So in Dekh India Dekh the channel insisted that we carry the same characters in the show and see they are still working.

What is needed to be a good comic jodi?
Rajeev: The most important thing is that both should have a great chemistry and they both should be able to portray it well on screen. Also there should be a mutual understanding so that there won’t be creative differences between them.

Rajesh: But the most essential is that both should be married and have to have a kid. (Laughs).

Why is Akbar still limited to the late Prithviraj Kapoor?
Rajesh: Actually he personified Baadshah Akbar so well that people were totally convinced that Akbar must have been like Prithviraj ji! Today if an actor gets innovative people still expect him to touch Prithviraj ji’s level which is very tough. Earlier I thought I would give Akbar a new voice and look but couldn’t because of some reasons, so I too thought that it would be safe to imitate Prithviraj ji to remain in the race. But here we are also showing the comic side of Akbar and Birbal. They are sometimes funny, at times they also flirt and they speak different languages, which make them 21st century’s dudes.

Akbar was a Mughal king. So did you ever face any trouble from any community?
Rajesh: No we haven’t faced any problem by any community. I think Akbar is too big to fit into one community. He was the greatest Mughal emperor who gave every religion the same respect as he used to give his own. We knew that some of our comments could hurt a specific community so we never did such kind of acts. We just put Akbar and Birbal in different situations every time and that too in a very funny way so that people can be entertained and I think they are enjoying our acts.

Do you all think that comedy is getting vulgar nowadays?
Rajesh: First of all that the time slot of the show is such when generally kids go off to sleep and the second thing is that every character and comedy act has its own essence and we don’t think that in our act we have ever shown anything vulgar.

Rajeev: But we would also like to say that there are some acts in every comedy show that need double meaning dialogues to entertain people, but since it’s comedy we all should take it in a very funny way.

What is the common factor that binds both of you?
Rajeev: We are very alike. We both are very calm by nature and this is very essential.

Gay *** has been legalised in India. What’s your take on that?
Rajesh: (Both were sitting hand in hand but on hearing the question they quickly moved apart) To each it’s own!
Rajeev: India is a democratic country so people can live their life their own way.

Tags
top tv news

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->