Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Latest News About Indian Idol 5

Views: 2329  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-07-2010, 05:39 PM

Default Latest News About Indian Idol 5

Sony television's hot property Indian Idol is all set to kick start its fifth season in the coming two months. But Wizcraft (which produced Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega) and not Miditech will produce this edition.

Our source from Wizcraft production says, "We are working in full swing for the next season. The auditions for the show are starting in March in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and other cities. We have yet to finalise the judges and the hosts but Annu Malik might continue judging this season as well. Contrary to rumours, there are no kids involved in this season."

Namit Sharma, business head of Wizcraft confirms, "We are co producing this season with Fremantlemedia. The channel approached us, so we pitched our ideas for the content of this show and they liked it, so they finalised us to co-produce it. We are very happy because this show is very popular so it is going to be challenging for us to maintain its standard and at the same time introduce new twists in this season."

Niret Alva of Miditech, which has been producing the show for the past four seasons, says, "Yes, we will not be producing this show anymore.The channel is the best authority to talk about it."

Ajay Bhalwankar, content head of Sony says: "I can't comment on this and I cannot confirm anything."

Annu Malik who judged the earlier four seasons and was part of the two seasons of Entertainment Ke Liye. says, "I have been hearing things. I had a contract with the channel for four seasons and at the moment they have not offered me anything, so nothing is confirmed."

Tags
indian idol 5, reality show, sony

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->