Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

New Kid: Kavi Shastri

Views: 9668  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Award Winner

Default New Kid: Kavi Shastri

Kavi Shastri, young actor from London was seen in a small role in Imtiaz Ali’s Love Aaj Kal and now he is making his TV debut in Rishta.com on January, 2010 through Yash Raj.He plays a character called Rohan Mehra.

About his character

He plays Rohan Mehra, a classic playful women's man. His charisma always gets him enough attention from women.

At work, Rohan is laidback, cool and almost callous with finding the right match, but his unmistakable instinct always helps him figure the right match.

We spoke to Kavi Shastri about his big TV debut

“I did love Aaj Kal with Saif Ali Khan and this made me do more work back in Mumbai and so for this role of Rohan I gave auditions in Yash Raj, and after long waiting finally I got selected for Rishta.com.”

Further, he told us, “My lovely family is in London and even my brother is also back there so I am just jealous as in London it’s snowing. It is fun to be in Mumbai. I am taking Hindi lessons from Vikas Kumar who is also in the Powder show and so I am in the learning process reading script too.”

To know more about Kavi Shastri

Birth Date: 19th February 1986

Interests: Reading, movies and love to drink.

When did the acting bug bite? At the age 9th I went to drama school and my dad told me to join acting school instead of playing soccer.

Favourite Actor:
Shahrukh Khan, Al Pacino

Favourite Actress:
Madhuri Dixit, Julia Roberts

Favourite Film: It has to be Dilwale Dhulanniya….and God father 2

A role I would love to reprise: I think Aamir Khan of Dil Chahta Hai

Did you attend acting classes? First in Padmini Kolapure Acting School and at Italia Conti Academy.

Preconceived notion of the television industry: Back home in London, every actor loves to do TV shows and also be in films while in India-film stars can’t do TV shows, they hesitate, which is odd.”

Tags
kavi shastri, rishta.com, yash raj

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->