Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Kunal Verma aka Yug of Star Plus’ Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna is planning to take a b

Views: 2042  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Award Winner

Default Kunal Verma aka Yug of Star Plus’ Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna is planning to take a b

A time leap coming up in Zee TV’s Aap Ki Antara, such that the autistic Antara will now be a 21-year-old girl, so here is the new Antara and the new kid on the block is Anjum Farooki.

We spoke to the young actress about the role and more.....

“Yes, today I shot the first scene of my first daily show Aapki Antara and I am very nervous and excited about the feedback of the audience as they will see new Antara.”

She also told us that she used to watch the show regularly, “I had seen both the Antara’s acting and now I have come to know how difficult it is, and so I am hoping that I won’t let down all the Antara fans to act like an Autistic girl.”

Ok, then how did you bag the role?

“Its through auditions and I must say for the production people and for me it was very difficult to behave like an Autistic child as they were very keen, not in terms of acting but looks because they were matching the looks of the two Antaras and after the selection I used to go to the production house to get into the character of Antara and there used to be huge sessions in which I learnt her behaviour and so on.”

What research have you done for this role?

“I have done a lot of research right from meeting Autistic children then reading articles on such cases and watching their behaviour on you tube and I have also seen the movie Rain Man. Earlier it was very difficult for me to understand it but later I was clear about Autism.”

Tells us about your background?

“As an actress this is my first serial ever because before this I was a reporter working in one of leading entertainment site for 9 months and then I just thought one day that these actors gained a lot of money so why not try my luck in acting but before that I tried doing ACH (Associate Creative head) for the serials…but now here I am acting, so let’s see..”

Tags
aap ki antara, anjum farooki

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->