Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Deepika Padukone REVEALS The Real Reason Behind Playing Ranveer Singh’s Wife In ’83

Views: 1638  
Old 06-28-2019, 01:36 PM

Default Deepika Padukone REVEALS The Real Reason Behind Playing Ranveer Singh’s Wife In ’83

Recently, Kabir Khan & Ranveer Singh shared a picture with Deepika Padukone announcing her as an addition in the cast of ’83, the movie which is based on 1983’s Cricket World Cup. While there were a lot of speculations around why the actress agreed to play a supporting role in the movie, DP has opened up and given all the details we were seeking.

In a recent interview with The Asian Age, Deepika has revealed that it is her family situation that she can completely resemble with Kapil Dev and wife Romi’s situation and that has been a major reason why she decided to take up the role.

Deepika Padukone REVEALS The Real Reason Behind Playing Ranveer Singh’s Wife In ’83 “I play the role of Romi Dev, wife of Kapil Dev in the movie and she was instrumental in Kapil Dev’s success, especially when he was the captain. She was part of the support system and I feel connected to that. I always feel that in an athlete’s life the wife and family sacrifice a lot of their own dreams to support the vision of the athlete, the goals that they set and they end up sacrificing their own career. I have seen it in my own family. My mother had been supportive to my father in his career. I think to see the human side, to see what an important role family play in success of athlete I took up this role,” Deepika revealed to the development.

Trending

Apart from ’83, Deepika will be seen in Meghna Gulzar’s next, Chhapaak, which is based on the life of acid attack survivor, Laxmi Agarwal. The movie also stars Vikrant Massey and is slated for a Jan, 2020 release.

Android & IOS users, download our mobile app for faster than ever Bollywood & Box Office updates!

The post Deepika Padukone REVEALS The Real Reason Behind Playing Ranveer Singh’s Wife In ’83 appeared first on Koimoi.

More...

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum