Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

TOP 1000 Recipes (Photos+Full Details)

Views: 64541  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 103 votes, 4.99 average.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:04 AM

Default TOP 1000 Recipes (Photos+Full Details)

Register with us to DOWNLOAD All Recipes in a PDF/word Document

Panko Crusted Green Beans with a Soy Garlic Aioli

My friend Maureen and I recently went out to dinner to celebrate her birthday and we had a wonderful panko crusted green bean appetizer that we both loved. The restaurant fried their green beans and served them with a flavorful aioli sauce that was fantastic. I decided to recreate a much healthier version at home by baking my green beans. They turned out wonderful! They were crisp and crunchy on the outside without being greasy and the green beans were perfectly tender on the inside. I served them with a simple soy garlic aioli sauce made from mayonnaise, garlic, and soy sauce. This dish is best served fresh from the oven. My entire family gobbled these up with dinner and we loved them.

Panko Crusted Green Beans with a Soy Garlic Aioli Sauce:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Inspired by Hall Street Bar and Grill

Soy Garlic Aioli Sauce:
  • 2 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 2 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced

Combine all ingredients together and mix well. Set aside.

Panko Crusted Green Beans

• 1 lb green beans, end trimmed
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • Italian seasoned panko crumbs
  • Cooking spray
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and coat it with cooking spray.

Combine the egg and milk together in a bowl; place the panko crumbs in a bowl. Dip the green beans into the egg mixture then coat them in the panko crumbs. Place the green beans on the baking sheet and repeat the process until all of the green beans are coated in panko. Spray the green beans with olive oil cooking spray then season them with a bit of sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.

Place into the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately with a side of the soy garlic aioli. Enjoy.

Note: This is not Wiki property.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:04 AM

Bacon, Mushroom, and Extra Sharp Cheddar Potato Crusted Quiche

I hadn't planned anything for dinner because I had a busy day so I decided to whip together a potato crusted quiche using stuff I had in the refrigerator. I grabbed some bacon, ****on mushrooms, green onions, and sharp cheddar. This meal was a quick, simple, and tasty dinner and the leftovers were fantastic for breakfast the next day - I love recipes like that!

Bacon, Mushroom, and Extra Sharp Cheddar Potato Crusted Quiche:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 1 1/2 - 2 russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
  • 1 tsp olive oil (or reserved bacon grease)
  • 4 slices of lean bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 cup of ****on mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 green onions, sliced
  • 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 6 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a pie dish with cooking spray. Press the shredded potato into edges and bottom of the pie pan making sure to spread evenly and press firmly in place. Season the shredded potato with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Spray with cooking spray and bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
Cook the bacon in a s****et over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and place on paper towels. Chop bacon into crumbles and set aside. Use the grease from the bacon or a bit of olive oil in the same s****et over medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms for 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat.

Sprinkle the mushrooms on top of the potatoes then add the bacon, green onion, and the cheese. Beat the eggs with the milk and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Pour the egg mixture on top of the mushrooms, bacon, green onions.

Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes then add the other half of the cheese and cook for a few minutes more or until a tester inserted in the center of the quiche comes out clean - don't overcook. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:05 AM

Blackened Pork Chops with a Pineapple - Mango Salsa

I was inspired by a dish I saw over at Jenn's Food Journey for spicy pork chops with a mango and pineapple salsa. I decided to use the blackened seasoning from my Blackened Flank Steak for the pork chops because I didn't have time to marinate them. The spicy pork tasted fantastic with the sweet and spicy salsa. I used much less seasoning on the kids pork so it wasn't too spicy for them but enough to give it flavor. My whole family, including my kids, loved this dish. Thanks for the inspiration Jenn!

Blackened Pork Chops with a Pineapple - Mango Salsa:
Adapted recipe by For the Love of Cooking.net
Inspired by Jenn's Food Journey

Blackened Seasoning:
  • 1/2 tbsp paprika
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp white pepper
  • 1/4 tsp thyme
  • 1/4 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp celery salt
  • Dash of cayenne
  • 4 pork pork chops

Combine the spices together and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle on each side of the pork chops.

Pineapple - Mango Salsa:
  • 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
  • 1/2 small fresh pineapple, diced
  • 2 tbsp minced red onion
  • 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
  • 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
  • Juice of 1 lime

Chop all the ingredients and place in a bowl, add the lime juice and combine gently until well mixed.

Heat the grill pan on medium high heat and coat with olive oil cooking spray. Cook the pork chops for 4-5 minutes per side or until it's cooked through. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes. Serve the pork chops with the pineapple - mango salsa. Enjoy.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:06 AM

Soft Gingersnap Cookies with White Chocolate Chips

I decided to surprise my kids with a fun and tasty after school treat. I looked online to find a good cookie recipe and I found these cookies over at Two Peas and Their Pod that looked simple and delicious. My house smelled so amazing while these cookies were baking. My kids came home and were thrilled to see these cookies waiting on the counter for them. They loved, LOVED, loved them and so did my husband. Thanks for the great recipe Maria!

Soft Gingersnap Cookies with White Chocolate Chips:
Adapted recipe by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Two Peas and Their Pod
  • 1/2 cup of unsalted ****er, softened
  • 1/2 cup of white sugar (plus some to roll the dough in)
  • 1/4 cup of molasses
  • 1 tbsp canola oil
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp fresh nutmeg, grated
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 3/4 cup of flour
  • 1 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat.

Beat the ****er and sugar together until creamy. Add the molasses, canola oil, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. Beat until mixed. Add the egg and continue to beat until well combined.

Add the baking soda and salt to the flour and mix really well. Slowly add the flour mixture into the molasses mixture until well combined. Add the white chocolate chips and mix into the dough. Scoop the dough into balls (it will be very sticky) and roll into some white sugar. Place on the silpat mat about 2 inches apart.

Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool. Enjoy.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:06 AM

Thai Chicken Salad

I recently had a delicious Thai chicken salad at Panera that I loved so much that I decided to recreate it at home. I used mixed greens, leftover chicken, bell pepper, edamame, shredded carrot, cilantro, wonton strips, peanuts, and a spicy peanut vinaigrette for this salad. I thought all of the flavors and textures were fantastic together - this is definitely a new favorite salad.

Thai Chicken Salad:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking
Inspired by Panera Bread Company
  • Mixed greens
  • Leftover roasted chicken, chopped
  • Orange and red bell pepper, chopped
  • Edamame
  • Carrot, shredded
  • Fresh cilantro, chopped
  • Wonton strips
  • Peanuts, chopped
  • Spicy peanut vinaigrette

Combine the mixed greens, roasted chicken, bell pepper, edamame, carrot, cilantro, wonton strips, and peanuts together. Drizzle the spicy vinaigrette on top and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately. Enjoy.

Tags
food, photos, recipes, top 1000

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum