Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Audiences bored of reality shows! - Wasna Ahmed

Views: 2162  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Television

Default Audiences bored of reality shows! - Wasna Ahmed

For this youngster television happened when she was all of 17.

After Kasautii Zindagi Kay she went on to play the lead role in Ekta Kapoor’s Kahe Na Kahe, where she replaced Krystle D’Souza. We are talking about the petite Wasna Ahmed.

A Kolkata girl, Wasna always wanted to be an actress. “My elder sister even promised to take me to Mumbai some day so that I could make a career in acting. The only clause was that I had to get good marks in Class XII! I managed to do that and came me to Mumbai with my sister!”
Wasna describes herself as a “simple and fun-loving person. I’m very close to my elder sister as I lost my parents when I was very young. My sister means the world to me.”

The girl’s very fond of dancing. “I consider it my USP. I’m a trained Kathak dancer. Though I’m a bad singer, but I sing for myself!” Since she enjoys dancing, does she plan to take up a dance reality show in the future? “No reality shows for me. I think audiences are bored of them. I feel reality shows have biased judges as most of the time deserving candidates don’t win.” She says she wouldn’t mind doing one if she is assured of impartial judgement. For now the girl is all excited about her new show — J D Majethia’s supernatural love story where she plays the character of a village girl. And if Wasna is doing one show at a time that’s because she does not want to overload herself and wants to deliver her best.

Off-the camera, the actress prefers surfing music channels, watching TV soaps and SRK movies. “I’m a big
fan of Shah Rukh Khan. I adore him,” she gushes.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->