Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Story, Review, Box office, Star Cast - October

Views: 2670  
Old 02-14-2018, 06:43 AM

Default Story, Review, Box office, Star Cast - October

World of October: 3 beautiful shots of Varun Dhawan and Banita Sandhu is all it takes for us to fall in love all over again – watch video

The first promo of Varun Dhawan and Banita Sandhu's October is out and it is a visual treat!

comments
Varun Dhawan and Banita Sandhu‘s October has been in the news since its inception. However, not much is known about the movie yet. Up until now people have been under the misconception that October was a thriller, but let us tell you that it is not the case. In fact, October is a slice-of-life romantic drama, which shows us the character’s take on love and relationships. And to give us the look and feel of the film, the makers released a short video promo of the film today, on Valentine’s Day. The intent was not only to give out a small teaser of their romantic story but also to reveal the logo as a small gift to fans on the day of love. And we have to say that the first promo that offers us an insight into Varun – Banita’s world of love and romance, is really beautiful.

The promo is just 10-second long and has three shots. But we have to say the length doesn’t matter as the canvas is breathtaking and the whole video gives you a very beautiful vibe. In the first shot, we see Varun standing in front of a big, old, dried up tree. The camera pans towards him and we see a close up shot of him thinking about something. In the next shot, we see Banita standing near a window inside an old house. The camera pans towards her once again and we see a close up of the actress, longing to see her lover. We have to say both the stars look fantastic and the frames are just marvelous. Then comes a shot where we see white flowers fallen on the dewy, morning grass. Varun comes in and picks up one flower and that’s when the October logo is revealed. The background music keeps you hooked and you really want to see more of the film after seeing such a teaser. Full credit to Shoojit Sircar (director) and his DOP for capturing such wonderful shots and emotions. Check out the first video promo of October right here and share with us what you thought about it in the comments section below! (ALSO READ – Varun Dhawan: Am all for public display of affection; would love to gift my loved one some more time – watch exclusive video)

Talking about October, the film is directed by Shoojit Sircar and is based on true events. With the film all set to release on April 13, the teaser, trailer and songs will be released pretty soon. So stay tuned to BollywoodLife as we get you all the dope and updates about October right here.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:27 AM

Default Latest News 14th Feb

[Exclusive Video] Varun Dhawan on the intense shoot routine of October: No sleep for days, no phone, no make-up

In an Exclusive video interview, Varun Dhawan opens up about October, his preparation for the film and much more!

The first promo of Varun Dhawan‘s October has been released and we have to say it is beautiful. Not only is it a visual delight, but Varun is seen in a never seen before avatar. The look and feel of October is fantastic and we can’t wait to see the film now. In fact, we feel the movie is going to be VD’s best till date. And even the actor admits that October is special and it is unlike any movie he has done till date! He even points out the preparation for this film’s character was nothing like what he has done till now.

In an exclusive interaction, Varun Dhawan revealed to us, “I went to Shoojit and told him to take me in a film, I told him ‘Please make a film with me.’ Three months went by and Shoojit and Juhi saw me in that character from October and that’s how it happened. But the process of getting into October was very different from what I’ve done ever before. I had to be prepared to be spun around on my head because with the concepts in the film, if I was saying a dialogue like a dialogue, then it wouldn’t work. The dialogues had to be felt and delivered like they were my own words. Just understanding that was difficult! Shoojit wanted me to live the character and not just come and act it out. So no make up, for days no sleep, no phone and much more. There was a piece of music that he had given me, which I would listen to, get into that zone and reach the set. Everyday, he would remove my make up and spoil my hair. No glycerine, I was just doing what was meant to be done.” (ALSO READ – World of October: 3 beautiful shots of Varun Dhawan and Banita Sandhu is all it takes for us to fall in love all over again – watch video)

Varun also added that the intent of releasing this promo of October was very simple, they just wanted to establish that the film was a love story and not a thriller like everyone was thinking. As he mentioned to us exclusively, “There were so many questions coming out about October, like what is October? You saw a picture here and there, we had a calendar out, but what exactly is the film about? And what is Shoojit Sircar up to? This promo just kind of sets the tone that this is his take on a love story in 2018. It shows how love happens in today’s day and age and what’s the significance of love. And if the kind of love that we’ve shown exists in real life or not.” Anyway, stay tuned to BollywoodLife as we get you all the dope and updates about October right here.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:37 PM

Varun Dhawan can't take his eyes off Banita in the latest poster of October

The much-awaited October trailer will be out tomorrow.

After back to back commercial hits like Badrinath Ki Dulhania and Judwaa 2in 2017, Varun Dhawan has chosen to experiment this year and take up unusual projects. His first film for this year will be October, a dark romance directed by Shoojit Sircar. The two have teamed up for the first time. Knowing Shoojit Sircar, we can expect the unexpected and with Varun Dhawan spearheading this love story, we can’t wait! The first poster featured the actor in a daze set against a meadow. Although serene, the poster had a sombre feel to it. The poster in a way triggered a sad memory. The latest features the star couple – Varun Dhawan and debutante Banita Sandhu. He can’t seem to take his eyes off her. ‘Sometimes the greatest way to say something is to say nothing at all but baby I can’t help myself.’

October is NOT about love at first sight, neither is it about hugs, kisses and dates. We will finally know what it’s about tomorrow! October is touted to be an out of the box romantic film based on a newspaper clip. Interestingly, it was Varun Dhawan who approached Shoojit Sircar and expressed his desire to work with him.

In other news, Varun Dhawan is also part of another unusual project – Sui Dhaaga. He plays a small town tailor. The actor will star opposite Anushka Sharma in this film. Sui Dhaaga: Made In India celebrates the spirit of self-reliance.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:43 AM

October trailer: The case of mysterious flower in Varun Dhawan’s film SOLVED!

Find out what this flower signifies here...

comments
Ever since we saw the teaser of Varun Dhawan‘s October, we couldn’t shake off the fact there is some connection between the flower and the narrative. In every promotional material for the film, the flower finds a place. Now for Bengalis, this flower is quite significant. It blooms around the time of Durga Puja and thus, it’s quite special. In fact, it is seen as the signal that ‘pujo’ is here. The flower is called Shiuli in Bengali and it is this name that made us figure out why there was too much of Shiuli in October. (Also read: October Trailer: Varun Dhawan and Banita Sandhu’s journey is high on emotion, but will leave you with a lot of questions!)
Social media, too, was abuzz about the story behind this flower on the posters, which finds a place in all things October. This flower even blooms around that time. We knew there was some relation between Shiuli and the film. The trailer has cleared that doubt completely. In one of the scenes in the video, Varun bends over to check the urine accumulating pack that’s attached to the patient’s bed. The name reads, ‘Shiuli.’ We feel this is the name of Banita Sandhu, the newcomer, in the film. Honestly, the film left us with a lot of questions. We were trying to figure out what actually is Dan or Varun’s aim here or what is he looking for. Hence, the fact that Shiuli could be Banita’s name in the film is a hunch too but we believe it isn’t too far away from fact.

October is one of the Varun’s most ambitious project. He is not seen here delivering comic punches or performing extraordinary stunts. Here, he is part of the housekeeping staff trying to figure out what happened to Shiuli! He is one of us…and equally confused

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum