Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

Roast Leg of Lamb - African Cucumber Salad (German Recipes)

Views: 4011  
Old 02-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Award Winner

Step 5:

Begin prepping the vegetables for the salad. Slice the onions paper thin, make thin slices of tomato, and peel and slice cucumber in half, then making long thin slices. (I halfed the length of these slices after taking this picture, so that everything was about a uniform length.)

Mince the bunch of parsely. Throw everything in a large salad bowl, and squeeze juice of lemon in, along with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Dose with ground pepper, a bit of minced mint, and 1 tbsp cumin. Salt to taste and toss. I was given this approximate recipe by a dude from Gabon, so I call it African Cucumber Salad!

Begin checking your roast more often. With a thermometer, check its doneness. You want absolutely no more than 135°, if you care for the juicyness of your roast. If the outside begins to look how you want it, but your roast is not cooked enough, loosely tent it with foil, which will retard the burning process.
Award Winner

Step 6:

Finally! It looks really good, and the temperature is right. Let it rest on a chopping board or something for at least ten minutes.

Award Winner

Step 7:

Meanwhile, time to build the second sauce. Pour off the drippings from the pan into a bowl, and deglaze the pan with white wine. Afterwords, rinse out the pan, and put it over medium high heat, adding a few tablespoons of vegetable oil. I have no idea how many because I have no idea how much gravy you want. We are building a roux, so 1 tbsp vegetable oil per 1 cup of gravy you want, about. Once oil is hot, add an equal amount of flour to your pan (1:1 ratio flour to oil), and whisk. whisk whisk whisk do not stop whisking or it will burn! cook for maybe two to three minutes, until it has begun to brown a little.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Award Winner

Step 8:

Throw drippings into the roux, and add your beef or veal stock, whisking constantly, until the gravy has reached the consistancy you would like. At this point, I added a bit more minced garlic to my gravy because I sure do like garlic! Cook for a while, and add salt to taste.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Award Winner

Step 9:

Plate, carve (against the grain!!!!) and serve!

All this turned out really well for me, and I actually liked the yogurt sauce I made up better than the gravy, which I was not expecting!

Tags
recipe

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum