Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Spl.Photos/Full Details: Gurmeet Choudhary

Views: 15243  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-08-2011, 05:02 AM

Pati Patni Aur Woh, NDTV Imagine’s latest serving on the already overflowing buffet table of reality shows, is custom made to put couples ill at ease. No not by introducing a seductress or a hunk as the ‘woh’ but by placing a child between them!

Yupp! Here's a reality show with a bump-a baby bump! NDTV Imagine along with BBC World presents Pati, Patni aur Woh, the desi version of The Baby Borrowers.

And to give the celebrity contestants a feel of the show, they were asked to handle their 'babies' for a trial time of around twenty minutes during the introductory press conference held by the channel. That should be easy right? Well, here's the lowdown of how each couple handled their baby.

Rakhi Sawant and Elesh Parujanwala were given a very chubby child. Rakhi at first happily took the bonny child in her arms and then suddenly getting aware of its weight slipped it to Elesh. The rest of the time she was happy just to play with her baby from a distance while Elesh like a good dad held the baby responsibly. Soon the photographers requested Rakhi to pose with her baby and Rakhi apprehensively took the child, but inch by inch the child started sliding on her hips. Elesh finally decided its better to avoid risk and took the baby from her. We think we heard a sigh of relief from the audience then!!

Was it planned or just a coincidence with Juhi Parmar and Sachin Shroff. Can't say and can't stop wondering too! Because, the kid truly resembled Juhi and to add to that effect both Juhi and her baby were dressed in the same shade of pink. Juhi and Sachin seemed like the parents who would definitely spoil their child rotten. During the whole time that the baby was with them, they kept showering her with kisses! We also saw a future celebrity in their baby as she confidently posed for the cameras.

Gaurav Chopra and Mouni Roy also got a child who was just like them. Their baby was one with prominently long legs which he used pretty effectively to kick Gaurav (eeks!). The baccha indeed gave a very hard time to both the lovers. He just wouldn't stop crying. Guess, the adventurous couple that they are, they got an equally challenging child.

Shilpa Saklani and Apoorva Agnihotri turned out to be the blessed couple among the lot. Their baby was surprisingly well behaved and quite. Not even a hint of annoyance was on the baby's face. Well, this doesn't mean Shilpa and Apoorva will have a cakewalk though. No matter how well behaved she is, she will do her number one and number two…

Television's Ram and Sita aka Gurmeet Choudhary and Debinna Bonnerjee got a baby boy. Debina was clearly not at all prepared to hold the baby. And her efforts to better her ways got the calm baby annoyed who started wailing. The baby got even more irritated when the shutterbugs started flashing at him. However, the young duo managed to calm their baby down with their joint petting.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:02 AM

Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee are learning horse-riding …

Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee earlier seen in NDTV Imagine's Ramayan and presently in Pati Patni aur Woh are learning horse-riding. But the thing is Gurmeet is having a tough time learning it while Debina's well-behaved mare has her learning horse-riding the easy way…

Gurmeet grumbles, "My horse Stalin has a mind of his own. The first few days of training, the horse was well-behaved, probably because the trainer was there along with me. But once the trainer gave me the reins to control he just went for a mad dash. Guess where he landed up taking me? At the creek near four bungalows! As a result I now have sc****d fingers and knuckles. But I still haven't given up trying to control the horse (laughs)."

But Debina, on other hand, is happy because her mare Krrish is a gentle lady who listens to all the commands and prefers to only trot stylishly. Laughs Debina, "Initially I used to be so very scared. Guru (aka Gurpreet) would coax me into trying and I would keep screaming 'bhagwaan ke liye mujhe niche utar do' (for God's sake get me down). But now I can ride my horse! I think soon I will be an expert. I just hope when I'm proudly displaying my horse-riding s****s Guru doesn't keep struggling to get his horse out without his stable boy."

Even in Pati, Patni aur Woh, Debina was very happy to have a dog at home. "In reality, I have always been scared of animals but somehow keeping a dog was a beautiful experience. It changed my perception," she smiles.

Gurmeet and Debina are learning horse riding from Abbas Mastan's action Director Moses. Both have already mastered kick boxing, dancing and aerobics.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:03 AM

It was as if history was repeating itself on NDTV Imagine's Pati Patni aur Woh…

Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee (the famous onscreen Ram-Sita) had to bid a painful goodbye to their nanima Kaushalya …

Goodbyes have always been a painful affair, and the couples on Pati Patni Aur Woh have been going through this every week for four weeks on the show. First, it was toddlers, than infants, pre teens and teenagers and now they are to bid another emotional farewell to their loved ones, their dada dadis, and our Ram and Sita Jodi are extremely emotional while bidding their Nanima Kaushalya goodbye.

Since her arrival, Gurmeet and Debina have shared a strong emotional bond with nanima and she believed that they are no less than her own children are. Gurmeet and Debina help her pack and spend as much time with her as possible utilizing the few moments they are left with before she leaves their house and make nanima wear the shawl they had got for her to remember them by. She gives Gurmeet and Debina some money as Shagun for their wedding and Gurmeet insists she attends their wedding to bless them.

Giving Nanima a final goodbye hug, Gurmeet breaks down, rushes to the bathroom with nanima's photos, and cries his heart out with her waiting in the car for him to see her off. As Nanima gets into the car, both Debina and Nanima too are unable to hold back his tears and start crying. Will Gurmeet be able to control his tears and bid his beloved Nanima goodbye or will his emotions get the best of him and make him miss her exit?

To find out more tune into Pati Patni Aur Woh, on Thursday 27th November 09 at 10.30pm on NDTV Imagine.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:03 AM

Gurmeet Chaudhary and Debina Bonerjee have launched their official blog on India-Forums...

You have seen them as the ideal jodi of Ram and Sita on 'Ramayana' and also playing daddy and mummy on 'Pati Patni aur Woh, but now you will also see this adorable couple blogging on none other than India-forums! Yes guys, Gurmeet and Debina have also got hitched to the blogging spree and have launched their blog today in order to reach out to all their fans.

When asked this very much-in-love couple their reason for coming up with their blog, Gurmeet replied "Why not? It's a brilliant medium. We are what we are thanks to our fans and so I as an actor sense a certain responsibility towards all my fans. Obviously we can never match up to the amount of love and adulation they give us, we can atleast try. (smiles)" Well, lots of actors have got associated with the 'blogging' concept, so what is so different about their blog? "Well, our blog is conceptualized around the idea of 'togetherness' – whether its our characters of Ram and Sita or our own love life, we as a couple are always said to be 'meant to be together'."

On this note a very enthusiastic Debina says, "Yes, we thought this was the apt concept! The theme of togetherness not only emphasizes the togetherness of us as a couple but also the togetherness us with our fans! It was all meant to be you see! Therefore taking several things that are meant to be together, we will have tried to bring a blog to our fans that will have things in life that are meant to be together like Up and Down arrows will signify our Journey so Far enlightening the ups and downs we have come across in our journey's and also a Treasure Chest and Key will be the Trivia section which will be the key to all the inside secrets about us … and lots more! Oh god! I am completely thrilled with the whole concept! You have no idea how excited I am! It's definitely a new beginning to bring our level of interaction with our fans to a much higher level."

So then all Gurmeet-Debina fans; go on to gurmeetdebina..com to stay in touch with your favourite stars. We congratulate Gurmeet and Debina on the launch of their new blog and also wish them all the luck for the same…!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:15 AM

Gurmeet Choudhary shares his fitness mantra with Tellybuzz…

Do you follow any fitness regime?
Yes, I do follow a fairly disciplined fitness regime.

How much time do you spend in a day for workout?
I spend around half an hour on the days I have to shoot otherwise I extend it to an hour. I find working out more than an hour quite unhealthy except if you have just body building as your full time profession.

Apart from this have you taken up any sport or habit that helps you maintain your body?
Yes, I do kick-boxing. I'm a black-belt in it!

According to you, how important is it to follow a fitness regime?
It is very important and it will be nice if everyone took care of their health in this busy life.

Do you at all make excuses to go to gym?
Umm… yeah (laughs).

What are your usual excuses?
I say, this is my resting day (laughs).

What's your usual diet?
I avoid Rice. I start my day with a veg ****tail made of any three vegetables randomly. Then I go for a slice of bread and two boiled eggs. Then I have milk with cornflakes. And then after gym I have protein shake. Later, the whole day I eat boiled vegetables at two hour intervals. I also accompany it with fruits. Sometimes I just munch on a few biscuits…like if I get hungry when I'm driving, then biscuits are a convenient food.

Do you look upon calories when it comes to eating?
Not really. But on Sundays I eat recklessly with total disregard to my veg ****tail and eat every two hour schedule. That's my treat day!

Do you equate fitness with the shape of the body?
Yes, there is a lot of relation between the two.

Do you have a dietitian or an instructor to maintain your fitness?
Yes, I do have a personal trainer to help and motivate me.

Anyone that you idolize when it comes to good physique?
When I was young, I took Salman Khan as my inspiration.

Who has an impressive body in industry right now?
Hrithik Roshan in Bollywood and me in television (laughs).

Tags
gurmeet choudhary, photos, tvstars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->