Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Photos: Stars at Premiere of Dhobi Ghat at the Toronto International Film Festival

Views: 5529  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:47 AM

Default Photos: Stars at Premiere of Dhobi Ghat at the Toronto International Film Festival

Dhobhi Ghat looks at the city of Mumbai through the eyes of four characters and Aamir plays one of them, the painter Arun. Rao initially wanted to cast a new face but finally decided to let her superstar husband step in. In the picture: Director Kiran Rao with Kriti Malhorta, Prateik, Aamir Khan and Monica Dogra at the premiere of Dhobi Ghat at the Toronto International Film Festival. (Photo: AP)

Aamir Khan greets his fans at the premiere of his film Dhobi Ghat at the Toronto International Film Festival. The 45-year-old actor, who wowed the crowd here during the gala premiere, said that he was sceptical about the venture at first. (Photo: AP)

When the script was finished for him to read, Khan pressed Kiran to go visit his cousin and they would all read it together, hoping that if both he and his cousin disliked it "at least I'd have numbers on my side".

"It's so delicate and beautiful. Her characters speak in such a different and unique voice, and all of that hit me and I thought, 'Wow I married a really talented woman here.' When I fell in love the first time, I didn't know how really talented she was. When I read the script I was really amazed and I fell in love with her again," gushed Khan.

Khan who along with Rao, his wife of five years, is here for the film's international premiere at the Toronto Film Festival said that he was "upset" by his wife's initial refusal to cast him in the project.(Photo:AP)

Tags
dhobi ghat, photos, stars

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum