Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips

SAP HR Payroll Overview

Views: 4600  
Old 12-14-2008, 12:12 PM

Default SAP HR Payroll Overview

SAP HR Payroll Overview
In a broad sense, payroll accounting is the calculation of remuneration for work performed by an employee. More specifically, payroll accounting consists of a variety of processes that are becoming increasingly important due to the employer’s increased obligation to supply benefits and medical welfare.
These benefits are products of:
· Labor law
· Tax law
· Contribution law
· Benefits law
· Civil law
· Reporting law
· Information law
· Statistics law
The remuneration is calculated in the following steps:
1. Calculation of gross remuneration
2. Calculation of net remuneration
Gross and net pay comprises the individual payments and deductions which are calculated during a payroll accounting period, and are received by an employee. These payments and deductions are included in the calculation of pay by uniquely distinguishable wage types.
Payroll is predefined in the SAP HR system for many countries specifically (e.g. Payroll United States, Payroll Spain, Payroll Japan) and all other countries' payroll comes under the heading of "International Payroll".
ffice:office" />
Question : Subject : Staff leaving payroll records
A staff terminated on 01 May 2002, has a claim entered in IT0014 with begin date 02 Feb 20002 and end date 31 Dec 9999.
The payslip is still generated for the staff in September.
In order for payroll run to stop, should I delimit the enddate in IT0014?
Or
Change infotype payroll status in field "Do not process after" ?
---Either way will do
---If you delimit Infotype 0014 you should get rid of the problem.
Q : Do you mean everytime when a person is terminated, we have to enter the date under "Do not process
after"? Is there any automation? if yes, how do I configure it?

---If you do the delimiting of Infotype you can set it up in your Termination Action/Event, that IT 0014 and 0015 for example are
delimited. If you do it like this your records will be delimited by the person doing the termination.
Once a person is terminated there is no need for these IT records to have a date after the termination date.
Regards,

Reply : Subject : Staff leaving payroll records
Is it not possible to use Table: V_582A_D.
If Record after leaving no maintance is possible after leaving date.
If you then have a payout, you can create the wage type in an active period and the payroll will retro.

Reply : Subject : Staff leaving payroll records

U can include IT0003 in your infogroup which is configured for Personnel
Action 'Seperation/Termination'. Thus this IT will pop up when u run the seperation action.
U can do these setting; in the foll steps:
Step 1. PM - PA - Customizing Procedures - Infotypes
i. User group dependency on infotype menus
ii. Infotype menus (make new entries) Basic Personal data
Step 2. Determine choice of Infotype Menu
i. User group dependency (Most probably new entry - Personnel admin
ii. Infotype menus
Regards.

To change IT0003 (Payroll Status)?
Question :
I am currently running Jan 2003 payroll but because Dec 2001 records are accidentally 'touched' eg. IT0015, the system will do a retro starting from Dec 2001 till Jan 2003.
When some historical records are 'touched', IT0003, field 'Earliest MD change' will be changed to 01.12.2001.
I will like to prevent the system from doing a retro up to Dec 2001. In another word, I would like the system to run payroll for Jan 2003 only.
Is it possible to stop the retro?
Answer :
In order to stop the retro, you can change the earliest retro.acc. date in the control record of
your payroll area or change the earliest recalc. date in IT0003 to Jan 2003.
Yes it is possible. Go to PA30 > enter the pernr of the employee whose retro you want to stop and go to > Utilities > Change Payroll Status
Here you will get IT 0003 in a change mode. Now erase (make it blank) what ever the date is in Earliest MD change field. That's it.
You have two options first is to clear the "Earliest MD change" and "Earliest MD Bonus" for all the affected employees that you don't want to have a retro second is the change the Earliest RA date for all the employee of the affected payroll area.
For mass changes of IT0003 you can use report RPUCRR00 (see Report Description) or modify it to fit you requirements (as we did). I hope it helps.
You could also try looking at report RPUTRBK0.
You can use this to change all date fields on IT0003. Both Time and Payroll fields.

How to assign employees to two different company codes?
Question :
How to assign a personnel number to two different company codes ?
Answer :
I dont think it is possible.
It should not be possible logically as well because Company is a Financially Independent Entity & one person can not be employed by two companies.
One personnel number cannot be linked to several company codes.
However, SAP has an object called 'Central Person', which is linked to one or more personnel numbers.
By creating two personnel numbers (one for every company code [employment contract]) and linking those to the same CP-object, you're able to derive that in the end it's one physical person who's employed at multiple companies.

Employee Name not displaying in Infotype 1 and 17
Question :
Can you pls give me the suggesstion that, how to solve the following problem.
Employee Name not displaying in Infotype 1 and 17
Answer :
Check In IMG Personnel management -> Customizing User Interface - > Define Infotype Header
Thanks a lot for your info.
Question :
I would like to know one more thing,
I want to see the tables and data. What the transaction code for the same.
Answer :
USE SM31 or SE16

Payroll posting when payment methods by check
Question :
In payroll posting, how i can pay to employees who are having payment methods by checks in IT0009. is there is any transcation to print bank checks by HR/FI ??. If it is done through FI it leads to double posting for bank a/c and salary expense a/c.
Answer :
Check PFFOUS_C International Payment Medium (Printing Checks)

Deduction Arrears Recovery
Question :
I'm trying to set up arrears recovery in 4.6c and have it working except for one thing. SAP requires that the balance wage type be linked to the deduction via link type 10 in table T51P1. This causes the balance wage type to appear in infotype 0015 after the deduction is entered in infotype 0014. The problem is that for arrears recovery the recovery, not the balance, wage type has to be put into infotype 0015. This requires the user to change the wage type which is not a good thing. How can I get infotype 0015 to default to the recovery wage type instead of the balance wage type?
Answer :
try this
define wage type char as deduction type,for this go to img,payroll-usa-basic settings-environment for maintaing wage type-chekc wage type attributes.
select dedution wage type and click on detail.
check deduction wage type box and the check add to total box.

Import Payroll result from non-SAP system
Question :
Can anybody tell me how Import payroll result from non-SAP system. I'm implementing PY-US SAP 4.7, need upload tax results on SAP.
Thanks in anticipation
Answer :
You can run payroll for importing payroll data from your opld legacy system onto your r/3 system.
The procedure is as follows:
1.Upload all your payroll results into your transparent table T588A against the wage types (corresponding hed codes from your legacy system) for correspoding months.
2. Now, run payroll using schema ULK0 in your SAP system.
When you use this schema and run payroll, system takes on all the data that is available in T588a (i am not sure whether it is T558A or T588A Please check at your end).
(I have suggested the above assuming that, you are implementing the SAP for the first time and you want to take on some data from the legacy system.)

Tags
sap hr

Latest News in Career Forum & Tips