Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Bollywood's controversial quotes

Views: 8289  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:36 AM

Default Bollywood's controversial quotes

Salman Khan has triggered up a controversy again by commenting on the horrifying 26/11 Mumbai attacks.

In an interview to a Pakistani channel, Salman said: "Too much hype has been created around the 26/11 attacks because elite people were targeted. Attacks have happened in trains and small towns too, but no one talked about it so much. Everybody took this up because the Taj and Oberoi hotels were involved. The attacks happened because our security failed. Everybody knows that the Pakistani government was not behind it and it was a terrorist attack. Our security had failed. We have had lot of attacks earlier, and all of them were not from Pakistan. They were from within also."

After the uproar his foolish remarks created and political leaders demanding an apology from the actor , the Bollywood actor wrote on Twitter: "Looks like I mite hv to get off twitter. Don't want to but wat to do? I think I messed up,so sorry guys,$sorry bolne mein koi sharam nahi."

Later, speaking to an Indian TV channel, Salman said: "The interview has been twisted. I saw it myself, the way it is coming across on TV, it is sounding insensitive. I was just saying life is equal for both rich and poor, some attacks get more media coverage and some don't. Why is that? Every human life is important."

Infamous for his splits, whether with friends or girl-friends, Salman Khan's fall out with once-upon-a-time brother-in-arms Shah Rukh Khan also got a lot of attention. Asked if he ever misses Shah Rukh, he fired: "Shah Rukh meri girlfriend nahi thi... apni purani girlfriend ko miss nahi karta, Shah Rukh ko kya karunga (Shah Rukh was not my girlfriend... I don't miss my ex-girlfriends for that matter, why will I miss him?)".

Whether a tongue-in-cheek remark or a social faux pas or sometimes even a deliberate attempt to create controversy - Indian film stars love to hog the limelight for all the wrong reasons. Here is a look at Bollywood's controversial quotes.

Shah Rukh Khan recently said, "I always wanted to be a **** star. I am going to work very hard, positively, with clarity to be a **** star. I will take my flag and put it up in America as the biggest **** star of the world."

Tags
controversial quotes, controversies, stars

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum