Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Kiran Karmarkar (Om) on STAR Parivaar Awards

Views: 2929  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-02-2010, 06:15 PM

Default Kiran Karmarkar (Om) on STAR Parivaar Awards

Kiran Karmarkar, whom we have known as Om from Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii was back once again on STAR Plus, though not in any show but as part of STAR Parivaar Awards. We caught up with him for a chat and here is what he says…

How are you feeling about participating in STAR Parivaar Awards after so long?
It feels great as I am meeting all my friends. Friends with whom we have lived almost a lifetime because my show Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki has run for eight years and Agrawal family is really like my own family. So I miss them, but now I am happy that through SPA, I am meeting them again.

STAR Parivaar Award is the only television award and everyone likes it. What do you have to say about it ?

Yes, SPA is like a Parivaar where we meet our neighbours. In our times, our neighbours were the Viraani Parivaar and jab bhi hum milte the, dhamaal hoti thi. And after many years, I am coming to SPA but it feels good as I am meeting my ex-wife, Parvati ( Sakshi Tanwar) (laughs).

What is the best thing about SPA according to you?
The unity. The reunion and STAR Plus, who gives us a chance to come together.

Do you remember when you had won your first award?
No, I just remember that I have got two best pati awards. But which year, I do not know.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:16 PM

Why we don’t see Kiran Karmarkar on TV any more?
Because I am bored. It is the same old shows in every channel. It's very weird that if one channel comes up with an idea and the show becomes a hit then every channel has the same concept. Do you watch anything new in any channel? So I was bored and I wanted to do something new. And I have enough work to do, so I am not looking at such shows at all.

But haven’t you been offered any show after Kahani went off air?
I was offered a show, which is really doing well now but I did not want to do it because that script had nothing new and it was the same old family drama.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:16 PM

STAR Plus has changed its cast but the shows are still family oriented. What do you have to say about the new faces and actors on TV?
Frankly speaking, I don’t get time to watch TV nowadays. And if one day I sit to watch anything, there are all new faces who make their debut somewhere at the age of 17. I know time has changed but we have struggled for years and then we became actors. Do you think they can act? There is no expression but they become stars overnight and suddenly the stardom is gone when the show is off air.

Because nowadays audience don’t watch a show for very long. They pass out school and college and become actors. Whereas there was a time when every actor use to do theatres and after struggling they used to become an actor. I am not saying that they are getting it easily but my point is that there should be some potential in an actor, which is hardly seen in today’s actors.

Tags
star parivaar awards

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->