Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Sony X Factor India - Participants, Contestants, Entry form

Views: 22161  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 11-25-2010, 08:26 PM

Default Sony X Factor India - Participants, Contestants, Entry form

About the show:
  • X Factor India is the Indian version of The X Factor, a show originating from the United Kingdom. It is a television music talent show contested by aspiring singers of all genres drawn from public auditions from all across India.
  • The show in its inaugural year was broadcast on Sony Entertainment Television Channel. The 2011 competition was open to all Indian citizens born before 15 January 1995.
  • There were 3 categories for registrants: Solo performances for those between 16 and 24 years of age, and for those equal to and above 25 years of age, and Group performance for a group of 2 or more people, all of which should be above the age of 16 years age.
  • Reservation draws were to be divided one third to each category. Each week, Live Concerts were held in Mumbai where the 12 finalists performed for the judges and a live studio audienc.
Season 1:
  • 29 May 2011 – late 2011
  • The first season of the Indian version of X Factor was judged by playback singer Shreya Ghoshal, singer Sonu Nigam and film director Sanjay Leela Bhansali. The show was hosted by Aditya Narayan.
  • Geet Sagar from Gwalior was announced winner of the show. As a prize he won Rs. 50 lakh, a car & an opportunity to sing in Karan Johar's movie.
  • He recorded the title track "Draamebaaz" for the film Nautanki Saala! (2013). He has also been singing for TV commercials & jingles like Cinthol, GoIbibo.com, Parachute Tender Hair & Care, Garnier, Marvel Tea, among others
Season 2: New Season 2021-2022:
  • Get ready for yet another reality show. Sony Entertainment Television brings the desi version of X-Factor, a hit musical reality show in the US.
  • Shreya Ghoshal, Sanjay Leela Bansali and Sonu Nigam to make as the trio judges for Sony TV's X- factor.

Telecast:
  • After creating waves abroad, Sony TV brings in the biggest reality show, X-Factor, to India. The singing reality show not only focuses on solo, but promises to give great singing talents in teams as well.
  • In the judging panel will be prominent faces from Bollywood.
  • Sonu Nigam was already finalised as one of the judges and reports of Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Salim Merchant being the other two judges were making rounds. And now we hear is that Shreya Ghoshal will join hands with Sonu Nigam and Sanjay Leela Bhansali in the hunt of the greatest singing sensation.
  • The channel had been hunting names to be in the panel of judges, but now the channel has penned down to these three judges who have their X- factors in them. The channel has finalized Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal and Sanjay Leela Bhansali to be the judge and co incidentally they too have an X-factor in their name, as their names starts with the common letter 'S'.
Host:
  • Aditya Narayan will be seen hosting the show. The show is still in its audition procedure and will take some time to get on the floors.

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 02-08-2011, 07:15 AM

Sony Entertainment Television Asia has acquired the rights for the Asian version of hit British show ‘The X Factor’.

The hit show produced by Simon Cowell will form a part of the channel’s autumn/winter line-up after other hit shows ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ and ‘Jhalak Dikhla Ja 3′ end.

Sony Entertainment Television Asia will bring the hit British show ‘The X Factor’ for all the Asian audiences…

[X Factor] Sony Entertainment Television Asia will bring the hit British show ‘The X Factor’ for all the Asian audiences. The channel has acquired the rights for Asian version of the popular show, as per the sources.

Simon Cowell, the renowned British television producer created this show. It was devised in UK as a replacement for ‘Pop Idol’. In this singing competition, the contestants are pitted against each other and the aspiring pop singers are selected from public auditions. Now, the show is held in various countries and has become very popular across the countries.

Sony Television has acquired the rights of the show as a part of its autumn/winter line-up and it is likely to be on air after the conclusion of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ and ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa’.

After ‘ Idol’, which was the version of the famous show ‘Pop Idol’, the second big buy format for the channel is ‘The X Factor’. ‘ Idol’ is already a craze in Asia so there will be definitely lots of takers for ‘The X Factor’ too here.

With the announcement of ‘KBC’ and ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa’, Sony TV has already reserved some TRPs for this season. And now, with this latest addition of ‘The X Factor’, the channel is sure to go high in ranking in autumn/winter season!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:15 AM

Default Sony TV X Factor 2011 Audition Registration

X Factor 2011 Registration details

X Factor 2011 Registration is open now for X Factor India 2011 auditions.

X Factor 2011 Audition SMS Registration
For SMS Registration please follow the following procedure:

Step 1: SMS XF to 52525. For e.g. "XF DEL"

You will receive a response SMS requesting for your age in completed years as on Jan 15th, 2011, your gender and participation category (solo or group)

Step 2: SMS XF1. For eg "XF1 30 M solo"

You will receive a confirmation SMS on receipt of the same.

You can send your SMS on the following numbers:

Indore: SMS XF IND to 52525
Ahmedabad: SMS AHM to 52525
Mumbai: SMS XF MUM to 52525
Delhi: SMS XF DEL to 52525
Kolkata: SMS XF KOL to 52525
Lucknow: SMS XF LUC to 52525

Every SMS sent to the participation numbers will be charged up to Rs.3/- per SMS – 52525*(All Subscribers)

X Factor 2011 Audition IVR Registration
For IVR Registration please Call on 505 2525 and BSNL subscriber in Punjab and Rajasthan can dial 1255525 follow the following procedure:

Step 1: Select your preferred language on the IVR System
Step 2: Accept Terms and Conditions
Step 3: Select your audition location from amongst Delhi, Kolkata, Indore, Ahmedabad, Lucknow and Mumbai
Step 4: Select your participation category (group / solo 16 to 24 years / solo 25+ years)
Step 5: Enter your date of birth in DDMMYYYY
Step 6: Select your gender

Please confirm your input at each step. All calls made to the participation numbers will be charged up to Rs 6.99 / minute

So hurry up and register your self for X Factor India 2011 auditions as soon as possible, may be this time you are the lucky one who got the chance to show his/her talent.

For any further information about X Factor India 2011 Please send your queries to xfactorresponse@setindia.com

Read related articles: Sony TV X Factor 2011 Registration X Factor India 2011 audition details The X Factor India 2011
Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 AM

X Factor India is all set to make its debut on Indian television after entertaining 24 countries and millions of viewers. The first episode will be broadcast on May 29 on Sony TV. The audition episodes will be seen throughout the week on all days at 9 pm from May 29 till June 4. In the week later the top 12 finalists will feature in Galas from June 10 onwards, every Friday and Saturday at 9 pm. The show will have three categories viz. 16-25 years of age, 25 years and above and also groups. There are three judges on the show Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal and Sanjay Leela Bhansali will be allotted each category to groom. The show is looking for talent and assures to offer the audience a whole package consisting of vocal ability, charisma and stage presence.

Commenting on what made them want to be a part of this show the three judges cite their own reasons.

Sonu Nigam, “This is not a reality show but a music show. I have done so many shows that I had to at one point stop doing them. The last show I did was Indian Idol Season 2. I have been offered so many shows after that but I never took anything up as they were running after TRPs and would want me to stage fights and walkouts on my fellow judges. X factor is purely about singing and will offer a chance to those talented few who don’t get a chance. I used to sing at weddings in Delhi and used to be paid Rs 150 per day and even after collecting the tips used to take home Rs 250 a day. I have sat outside a lot of composer’s office for hours and hours before getting a chance for playback singing. This show will offer a chance to such talented people to make it big and showcase the talent which made me take up this show.”

Shreya Ghoshal, “I broke into the industry with one such show and this show is giving me a chance to reconnect with myself and remember those days when I was a kid who wore a frock and sang on stage. Also Sonu Nigam used to host that show and Sanjay ji gave me a chance to enter this industry. It’s a great emotional feeling to be a part of this show.”

Sanjay Leela Bhansali, “This show has changed me a lot. I have started talking more to people as I have opened up a lot. I never have worked with Sonu before and this was the first time we are on a show and I totally enjoy his company as he is very funny and entertaining. It’s great to see a girl who I had given a chance sitting next to me in the judge’s seat. My films are musical and that’s why I have probably been offered this show.”

With such talented judges we are hoping to see the bar raised for participants too.

When and where are auditions of X factor india going to held ?

I am Sagar from Amritsar but i want to participate in X factor india 2011 , and i want to participate from Delhi. but when and where they are going to held , i sent message for registration but it say's you will be informed when short listed , what it means , is there any proper place where we are going to give auditions ???
Old 04-22-2011, 10:20 AM

Sony TV Stoped Indian Idol 6 but Starting X-Factor

Get ready for yet another reality show. Sony Entertainment Television brings the desi version of X-Factor, a hit musical reality show in the US.

This Indian version of the X Factor is touted as the channel's biggest and bestest show ever. The show came into news when rumours began circulating that international superstar Jennifer Lopez might be a judge on the reality show in India. But that turned out to be a damn squib.

With reality shows bringing in mega bucks in India, Sony TV is betting a lot on this show especially after Indian Idol.

For the desi version of X factor, singer Sonu Nigam has been confirmed as judge. He is not only a popular face but an accomplished and celebrated singer. Happy to be on board, Sonu Nigam describes the show as, “This will be the big daddy of all reality shows.”

Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor was in talks with the channel to play judge on the show but talks fell through and producer director Sanjay Leela Bhansali has been signed on as second judge. The third judge is music composer Salim Merchant.

CLICK HERE to See International X Factor (Photos, Formats, Participants...)

If you are thinking Sony will bring in the sixth season of Indian Idol next year, then a surprise could be waiting for you. According to sources, the channel, currently soaking in the appreciation for Kaun Banega Crorepati 4, is all set to bring in a new reality format with X- Factor. If sources are to be believed then the channel and the production house, Fremantle are working on the concept of this show and will make an official announcement soon.

A source says, “It was the channel’s strategy to experiment with their programming and bring a new format to Indian viewers instead of Indian Idol, which is a known format and has been done with five successful seasons here. So they were not keen to do the sixth season and were looking for a new format. We had few options with us but X-Factor is an internationally well known show, the channel and the production house thought it to be suitable for the Indian audience too. Our team has started working on the detailing of the show, though we have not approached any celebrities to judge or host it. If things fall into place then by early next year (March) the show will go on the floors.”

Ajay Bhalwankar, programming head of Sony says, “I can’t talk about it at this moment.”

X-Factor which has been aired in more than 25 countries provides a platform to aspiring pop singers. According to this format, apart from singing contestants need to have star qualities to win it. Simon Cowell owns the format.

CLICK HERE to See International X Factor (Photos, Formats, Participants...)

Tags
reality show, sony, x factor

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->