Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

'I never lost hopes'- Swaroop Khan

Views: 2333  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Award Winner

Default 'I never lost hopes'- Swaroop Khan

Swaroop Khan who could not make it to the top 3 contestants list of Indian Idol 5 on Sony TV shares his melodious tale with tellybuzz...

Swaroop Khan the young 19 year lad from Jodhpur who is not only a melodious singer but also a trained Khadtal and Morchang player holds no regrets on his eviction from Indian Idol 5 and has moved on to fulfilling his dream of being a play back singer....

Expatriate the Indian Idol journey?
Experience was good I got lot of love from the contestant as well as from the judges and have even made good friends. When I came with my troop for the audition I never thought that I would reach his stage as it was very difficult for me to perform Bollywood numbers but I never lost hope and worked really hard; also through Indian Idol I got an opportunity to meet the legendary personalities of music industry to name one would be Asha Bhosle.

How come you alone got selected from the entire troop that came for auditions with you?
One of our groups had participated in the auditions of India's got Talent so unaware about the difference in format; here too we entered in a group. But then later when we were informed that Indian Idol is about individual singing talent it was the collective decision to send me in. still I had decided even if I'm at this stage I won't leave my troop ill take them with me where ever I go.

So you had never followed Indian Idol before being a part of it?
No I never watched this show and I was even unaware about the past winners of the show. It's the passion of portraying our talent got us here.

So what got you to the auditions?
Our whole troop had been performing at a show in Jodhpur and after viewing our act he suggested us that we should try our luck at Indian Idol and that is how we got in here.

How prepared were you before your elimination?
Actually after witnessing the prior eliminations I had decided that I would never cry the day I get eliminated. Because I don't look at the eviction as my failure instead I have learned a lot from this show. But yes if I would have got evicted after entering top 3 then I would have felt bad.

So whom do you want to see holding the trophy of Indian Idol?
All the contestants deserve to win the trophy. But if I have to name one then it would be Rakesh because we both belong to small town and he is a really good singer.

How was your interaction with the judges?
All three Judges resemble the Trimurthi (the holy deities in Hindu religion). And they have been like a guiding star to us in each and every stage.

So who are your best buddies in Indian Idol?
I shared a great rapport with everyone but had a great bonding with Naushad and Shivam.

So now what is the next plan of action?
I always wanted to do play back singing and I think my journey has already started as I just sang for Bappi Lehri for his upcoming movie Emotional Attyachar.

Which was your most memorable moment of Indian Idol?
The episode where I had sung Jee Karda in presence of Preetam jii and out of happiness he came over to the stage and lifted me up.

Tags
indian idol 5, swaroop khan

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->