Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Sasural Genda Phool gets its first major boost..

Views: 2863  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-06-2010, 04:55 PM

Default Sasural Genda Phool gets its first major boost..

Star Plus' Sasural Genda Phool has been well appreciated by the masses, ever since its inception. However, the recent ratings have shown a raise in number which has motivated the entire team.

Ravi Ojha's Sasural Genda Phool on Star Plus
has been one serial that has been well appreciated by masses. The channel and production house wanted to come up with something different that would change the meaning of shows on television.

The show has now seen one of its first major achievements, after garnering an average rating of 2.1 for the first time.

When contacted, Zama Habib, Writer of Sasural Genda Phool said "We are very happy and overjoyed that our hard work has paid off. We believed in our show, and wanted to come up with a different show. It is a good sign that viewers have accepted the show".

Talking of the USP of the show, Zama said, "It is the simplicity and the slice of life flavour, something which reminds one of the Basu Chatterjee and Hrishi Da style that the viewers liked. Though the numbers are important, we did not work to gain TRPs. Our aim was to offer a subject close to reality".

Ragini Khanna, the protagonist of the show was equally elated at the rise in numbers. "I am super proud of being part of Sasural Genda Phool. Considering that we were put at an early evening slot of 7.30 PM, the response has been great. Above all, the manner in which audience has accepted the anti heroine Suhana is simply fabulous (smiles). This TRP boost is a motivation for us, and we hope and pray that TV gets more varied content in the days to come. For me, the journey of Suhana has been very challenging, and I am thankful to Ravi Ojhaji for giving me this role. I am a blessed child, and I keep getting roles that always challenge the actor in me (smiles). We will now work to gain better numbers".

We wish the team of Sasural Genda Phool all the success..

About the show:
  • Sasural Genda Phool is an Indian television drama series that aired on StarPlus starring Ragini Khanna, and Jay Soni
  • It aired during weekday evenings from 1 March 2010 to 21 April 2012. It’s plot was written at the same time as Star Jalsha series Ogo Bodhu Sundori, and many people misinterpreted the series to be a remake while both were original series. It is based on the backdrop of Old Delhi
Star Cast:
  • Ragini Khanna as Suhana Bajpai Kashyap: Kamal and Karuna's daughter; Sanjana's sister; Ishaan's wife; Alok and Rano's daughter in law. (2010–2012)
  • Jay Soni as Ishaan Kashyap: Rano and Alok's son; Ishika's brother; Suhana's husband (2010–2012)
  • Supriya Pilgaonkar as Shailaja Kashyap: Ishaan's aunt; Inder and Panna's mother; Rajini and Raunak's mother in law; Meethi's grandmother. (2010–2012)
Unknown Facts:
  • The Hindu stated, "Sasural Genda Phool on Star Plus has proved to be a breath of fresh air from the stereotyped image of ‘saas-bahu (mother in law-daughter in law) serials. The performances of seasoned actors like Sudhir Pandey, Anita Kanwal, Supriya Pilgaonkar, Sooraj Thapar and Sadia Siddiqui provide the flavour of a real Indian joint family where, as Gaurav insists, there is a mix of all light-hearted emotions that will redefine the way viewers perceive our society through television."
  • The Indian Express quoted the series as 'slice-of-life, light-hearted'. It also stated: "It not only defied the formula of fiction but also proved that viewers are open to watching good stories where serious issues are tackled in a positive way with the right mix of emotions, drama, fun and humour."
  • Ratings, Initially, it was the slot leader ranging between 2.5 to 3 TVR. Soon, it also featured in top 10 Hindi GEC with its peak of 5+ TVR. However, after May 2011, the ratings of the series started to decrease.
  • On first week of January 2011, it was the second most watched Hindi GEC after Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, garnering 5.8 TVR. In the third week of January 2011, it occupied third position with 5.49 TVR

Tags
sasural genda phool, star plus

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->