Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Sooraj Thapar replaces Harsh Chhaya in Comedy Circus- Teen Ka Tadka

Views: 3270  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Award Winner

Red face Sooraj Thapar replaces Harsh Chhaya in Comedy Circus- Teen Ka Tadka

Looks like Harsh Chhaya's repeated attempts to make viewers laugh haven't cut ice. Sooraj Thapar has replaced the 'intense' actor in Comedy Circus- Teen Ka Tadka. Sooraj, a well known actor has earlier acted in a comedy play.

Harsh was paired with Jimmy Moses and Tina Dutta and the trio was eliminated only to re-enter as a wild card entry. After the elimination, Jimmy and Tina accused Harsh of poor performance and starry attitude. They both claimed that he did not bother to rehearse which affected their performance.

After washing dirty linen in public, they were back again claiming to have buried all their differences. But Harsh reportedly continued being a star.
Now it is said, the producers too felt Harsh was not interested in the show and hence decided to replace him with Sooraj, so that Moses' and Tina's performances were not affected.

A source informs, "Yes it is true that Harsh was replaced because he was weak performance wise and did not even bother to work on it. The trio was eliminated because of Harsh's consistent poor performance. They were taken in as a wild card entry

and this time Harsh was expected to give his best, but that didn't happen. The makers did not want Jimmy and Tina to suffer because of Harsh and hence Sooraj Thapar was brought in."

When contacted, Harsh said, "I am no more a part of Comedy Circus because my contract got over.

My contract was till December 17, which is for 10 episodes. But the show got an extension and all the actors were informed about it on December 14. I had other commitments and hence I could not go ahead with the show. I had outdoor shoots and so I couldn't continue with Comedy Circus."

When asked about his weak performances he said, "I do not want to say anything on this. Let people think whatever they want to because I do not need to prove myself. They can see my performance first."
Jimmy and Tina remained unavailable for comments.

Vipul D Shah from Optimystix, the producers of the show gave a different version and said, "Harsh started feeling uncomfortable after some time and even the creative directors were uncomfortable with him. Harsh is a seasoned actor and doing standup comedy is a very different ball game."
Vipul adds,

"I had brainwashed Harsh to try his hand at comedy, but I think he realised he will not be able to go ahead and so he requested me to let him go." Shah also added that everything happened on a mutual basis and he knows nothing more about this.

Well, well, we only hope Sooraj Thapar can now live up to the great expectations of his partners, producers, judges and the dear viewers!

Tags
comedy circus, sony, teen ka tadka

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->