Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Star Cast/Photos/Videos/Story: Colors WANTED - High Alert

Views: 3271  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 02-20-2011, 05:39 PM

Default Star Cast/Photos/Videos/Story: Colors WANTED - High Alert

Sushant Singh at the Colors Wanted High Alert Show Press Conference at Novotel

Old 02-22-2011, 05:12 AM

Default Sushant Singh Wanted

Talented and versatile actor Sushant Singh enjoys switching between the big and small screen, as he believes in projects that bring him challenges. Hailing from a theatre background, with numerous films under his belt, he is currently seen in STAR Plus’ Gulaal, enjoying playing the intense Dushyant. Now the seasoned actor has taken on yet another tv show. He will anchor a crime show called Wanted-High Alert that flags off on Colors. Here’s a chat with Sushant and he reveals what makes him tick.

Tell us about your new show Wanted-High Alert?

Wanted-High Alert will focus on real crimes and criminals from all over India. Our goal is to capture these criminals. The stories will reach millions of viewers and we hope to get helpful clues from the audiences. This is a medium to help the police as we urge the audiences to be aware of their surroundings and locality. Wanted-High Alert will air two cases per episode and the channel will flash a hot line number for viewers to call with their clues. Of course, the anonymity of the callers will be maintained and hopefully we will get substantial clues to nab the criminals. Our show is an endeavour to help cops and make it easier for the public to offer their help, report about crimes they have seen or heard about.

Today most Hindi news channels have crime shows, and this concept has been seen on tv before. How will Wanted-High Alert be different and handle competition?

Yes, there are crime shows on tv today and this concept has been done before but it will help capture criminals. For that reason alone, I think the more the merrier. We provide help lines and a website, which will assist both the public and the police. Our show will help bring forth information- then the police will take over. As for competition, I don’t think anyone is competing in this genre. We are all here to help the law in every way we can.

Has it been fun juggling acting and anchoring?

Both are fun and have their highs. While acting one has support of other characters, plot, a storyline but anchoring is a solo job. As an anchor, your real self is revealed and I am nervous about that. I hope people like me [laughs]. We all suffer through such insecurities and being an actor, I guess the level of insecurity is higher. My job on this show is to motivate people into helping and urging them to do the right thing. This is a big responsibility unlike other reality shows or game shows, where the anchor is handling the proceedings of the episode or guiding the contestants.

Jungle, Kaun, Josh and the recent Yeh Saali Zindagi – you seem to excel in negative or grayish roles.

Positive roles are fun initially but get boring soon after. I have done a few positive roles in films but the negative or grayish ones were most appealing to me. One can get variation, graph and depth in such characters. Let’s say they are more challenging to me than positive ones.

What else do you have in the pipeline?

I have got two interesting film scripts and will soon decide about them. But frankly, tv is keeping me very busy right now. I am happy, satisfied and don’t want to be overloaded with work, so will wait for a break before taking on anything else. I am also mulling over directing a movie but that is in the future.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:12 AM

With national crime graph soaring by the day and hour' it's time for the India to sit up, take notice and take charge of their safety. To aid the police and make viewers more alert of the absconding suspects, COLORS is bringing a special weekly programme in the Crime Reality genre called 'Wanted-High Alert' in the 10 PM slot every Saturday from 26 February 2011. Produced by BAG Films' the show will be hosted by the intense and seasoned actor Sushant Singh who will be seen narrating real life cases of suspects and convicts on the run and thereby urging the common man to bring them to book and take charge of his safety.
Crime is closer than ever, as you your family and loved ones are at the risk whenever you step out of the house or if there is a sudden knock at your door. Wanted - High Alert’ is an attempt to nab these convicts and suspects who are moving scot-free in the society despite strong attempts from the police to get them behind bars.

Seasoned actor Sushant Singh, who is known for his socially relevant work in Indian cinema, will be seen making a television debut as an Anchor. With 'Wanted -High Alert' Sushant will be taking on an informative and advisory role by alerting the citizens of the case history, whereabouts' and pictograms of the fugitives that will help viewers identify them better. Sushant who is excited to play this new role as an anchor said, “I am glad to be associated with a socially responsible show like this. I always wanted to host a show that would help me reach out to the viewers directly. It’s a show with a purpose; it's a tool for us to be able to play our role in making lives of our people secure. I hope our efforts can trigger the thought that safety of the citizens is in their own hands and we can cohesively aim at bringing a change with this initiative."

Each episode of Wanted - High Alert will showcase two unsolved cases related to ******, fraud, ****, domestic violence, duping and other dreadful crimes committed from Kullu to Kanyakumari from Surat to Manipur apart from the metros where crime rate is quite rampant. 'Wanted - High Alert' is endeavor of COLORS to get the audiences up in action apart from educating them about the ever rising crime scenario.

'Wanted: High Alert' debuts on February 26, every Saturday at 10 PM only on COLORS

Tags
colors, wanted high alert

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->