Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Marathi Hip Hop on DID

Views: 1875  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Award Winner

Default Marathi Hip Hop on DID

The latest episode of Lux Dance India Dance captures the livewire twosome from Gujarat, Binny Sharma and Dharmesh Yelande from Geeta’s Gang, delivering a kick-ass “Marathi Hip Hop act” to the beats of the evergreen popular Marathi song ‘Naagoba Dolaayla Laagla’.

The comic act features naagin Binny trying every trick in the book to bite Dharmesh, the Marathi Manoos desperately trying to escape her. Remixed to a catchy hip hop beat, the dance is being touted as Master Geeta Kapur’s latest trump card - a terrific innovation that is bound to take her team places! At the end of the act when Binny the naagin manages to sink her teeth into Dharmesh’s arm, he yells in chaste Marathi, “Haa Naagoba Malaa Chaawla. Atta maajha kaay Honaar?” (Oh my god, the snake has bitten me. What is going to happen to me?)

An Indya source told us, “Grand Master Mithun Da jumped right into the act at this point to say “Jaast kaahi Naahi Honaar. Tulaa log hya pudhe ‘Nagoba’ Dharmesh mhanteel.” (Don’t worry, you’ll be OK! We’ll just call you ‘Nagoba’ Dharmesh from now!) When asked how he managed to speak such good Marathi in the middle of the act, Dharmesh clarified, “Oh I am a Maharashtrian but from Vadodara and Marathi is my mother tongue! Kaay? Aaavadla kaa? “ (Did you like it?)

Further, our source told us, “This is the first time we will see an act with Marathi Hip-hop and the team is very excited. In the past, we have experimented with Salsa-Raasleela, Kathakali on a Bollywood number and much more variety. So this one goes out for the Marathi Manoos.”

Tags
dance india dance 2, hip hop, marathi

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->