Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

Crepe Cake with Hazelnut Meringue and Ganache (cake Recipes)

Views: 7731  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Award Winner

Step 17:

When your crepes are all done, it's the right time to make your chocolate ganache. You'll need:
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp light corn syrup
pinch of salt
10 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips or chunks (I like Ghiradelli for this)

Bring your cream, syrup and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Turn off your heat, and add your chocolate, and swish around so that it's all covered. Let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk together.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Award Winner

Step 18:

Now, get your plate or whatever you're going to serve this on. Start layering your cake. A crepe, then a thin layer of the hazelnut meringue.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Award Winner

Step 19:

It might start to lean or slide. If so, stick a skewer down the middle to help it retain it's form. I like somewhat rough edges, but if you're anal you can use a small pair of scissors to make the edges more smooth, instead of rough. Depending on your crepe size, you can make one large cake or two small ones. I prefer two small cakes, just for aesthetic purposes. Once it's the size you want, take your now slightly cooled ganache and slowly spoon bits over the top. This will harden into a shell. I found it easier to use a small amount, then stick the cake in the freezer for a few minutes, then do another layer. You'll want it pretty thick.

You'll probably need to take a damp dishtowel and clean the edges of your plate where the melted chocolate has pooled. If you really want to be clean and perfect, you can place a piece of wax paper the size of the cake onto a wire rack, and drizzle the chocolate over it that way, then move the cake to the serving dish.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Award Winner

Step 20:

Top with your candied nuts, and stick in the fridge until the shell hardens.

Enjoy the Crepe Cake topped with Hazelnut Meringue, Ganache, and Macadamia Nuts

You can loosely cover the cake and make it 2 days ahead of time, if you want.

Tags
recipe

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum