Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Ugesh Sarcar hoping for a wild card entry

Views: 2790  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 03-18-2009, 02:54 PM

Default Ugesh Sarcar hoping for a wild card entry

Ugesh Sarcar's magic did not quite work in Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa3. The magician, who was paired up with choreographer Tina Sachdev, was voted out from the show last week. But the young magician is not very sad about it. "Whatever I did and got was beyond my expectations! The Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa3 liked me and praised my Hrithik act. What more can you expect for a person who has never ever danced in his life?" asks Ugesh. "In fact, I was quite surprised when I got this offer to participate in Jhalak... I was a bit hesitant initially because I was not sure what to do in such a show. In fact the producers were after me for a long time and I kept on dillydallying. But today I am happy that I took up the offer. I enjoyed dancing in the show a lot. I never thought that I would have such a nice time," says the magician who was scared of dancing before joining the show.

So how did he get over his fear of dancing? "All credit goes to my choreographer. Tina is a very patient teacher and she helped me conquer my fear of dancing. We used to practice for 8 to 10 hours daily. But even that was not enough for a reality show like Jhalak… where the standards and expectations are very high," says Ugesh who is hopeful of a comeback through the wild card route.

Ugesh makes a clarification about a confusion that most people have. "I am not related to the legendary magician P. C. Sorkar. We got the title Sarcar as a gift of respect and honour. My father Prof. M. C. Sarcar is my mentor," says Ugesh who started practicing magic as early as 13. The young magician from Bangalore has many a trick up his sleeve, but is not ready to divulge them. "Just wait and watch," is all he says.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->