Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

No takers for Kaun Banega Crorepati

Views: 2458  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-07-2009, 03:07 PM

Default No takers for Kaun Banega Crorepati

No takers for Kaun Banega Crorepati

Kaun Banega Crorepati, which changed the face of reality shows, and Big B is in trouble

Now the channel Star Plus has relinquished its rights from the show and the producer Siddharth Basu approached other channels for this show but nothing positive has come out.

Siddarth Basu spoke in the print that, “Star Plus has relinquished their license for the show. The property is up for the grabs. Amitabh Bachchan moved on from the reality show, Shah Rukh Khan is not interested and most of the major channels are not in a mood to negotiate over such a high value product, KBC is facing a crisis.”

Further about the show he spoke in print that, “We’ll be negotiating with a few channels for the show. As of now, we do not have anybody who has agreed to take the property up. The rights are open.”

About this show there were rumours mounting that the show will make a grand comeback on Sony with Anil Kapoor as a host, but a senior official of the channel quoted in the print “I have heard these rumours too, but we are not coming back with Sony. Forget Sony, to my knowledge no channel is interested to take up this show.”

Officials from Zee TV and Colors too confirmed that they are unlikely to take on the show, which had really made a ****ing in the TRP ratings.

A team of officials went to Singapore to convince Big B to sign up for KBC. But Bachchan showed interest only in Bigg Boss.

Even Big B spoke about this in the print that, “It’s true that talks were on with the two channels –Star and Colors at the time. Some episodes of KBC were left because of my illness and I could not finish them at the time. The channel later went to someone else to do the show. However, yes, we talked and settled the matter. I will not be working with Star.”

So now with this confirmation the only option left seems Star itself, but the channel had made up its mind, “Thought I won't be able to tellanything about the license part. I can tell that KBC does not feature in our plans in the near future. Our hands are full,” said Anupam Vasudev of Star Plus in the print.

Tags
kaun banega crorepati

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->