Go Back   Wiki NewForum > USA / UK International TV shows

Views: 44 Source: CNN18.com, India-Forums, TellyChakkar, India, Times of India, Youtube, BollywoodLife, Rediff  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:24 AM

Default TOP 10 celebrities who said no to the show | Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Strictly Come Dancing line up: The celebrities who said no to the show | Strictly Come Dancing 2017

As Strictly Come Dancing 2017 kicks off its live shows this weekend, here's a look at the celebs who said NO to the show.

Martin Kemp

Spandau Ballet star and recent judge on BBC One's Let It Shine, Martin Kemp said: "They ask me a lot [to go on 'Strictly Come Dancing'] [but] I can't dance. There are some things I have to admit I can't do."

Karren Brady

Lord Sugar's right hand lady on The Apprentice said she's been asked to take part on Strictly - and other shows - all the time.
"I got asked to a cooking show when I can’t even cook! I’ve been asked to Strictly a number of times. Every year actually," Karren said.

Mel Giedroyc

TV presenter Mel Giedroyc, ex host of the Great British Bake Off, previously revealed she was made an offer by show bosses but said no.
"I love watching it so much I almost didn't want to spoil the pleasure by being on it," she told the Radio Times magazine (via BBC News).

Mel joked that she wasn't yet old enough to be the "comedy old bag" on the cast.
Mel Giedroyc

"You're not the comedy old bag yet, which would be the joy of going on Strictly," she said. "If I did it, I'd want to be Ann Widdecombe. I'd want to be out there getting the laughs, being dragged around."

Alan Titchmarsh

The TV presenter Alan Titchmarsh famous for his gardening shows quipped: "My wife says my gardeners’ knees won’t take the lifts"

Mel C

Spice Girl Mel C has claimed she's been asked every year to take part in the series but always said no.

Chatting to the Daily Star newspaper, Mel C explained: “Strictly is really the only one of those shows that I would consider and I have had a meeting with them – they ask me every year to do it."
“The problem is if you do Strictly it’s so high profile and you’ll find yourself in the sidebar of shame every day.”

She added: “And the money’s s***!”

Noel Edmonds

TV's Noel Edmonds says he's repeatedly turned down Strictly Come Dancing.
And it's all because of the show's supposed 'curse' on relationships.
Chatting to The Sun newspaper, Noel claimed he had been asked to take part in the show regularly but wasn't sure about dancing with a "half naked woman" each weekend.

"They approach me every year," he said. “Liz [Noel's wife], who used to be a professional dancer, said, ‘Look you’re actually quite good and I could train you to be good and you’d have fun and all of this.’
“And I said, ‘Do you really want to see me spending eight hours a day for four months d****d over some half-naked woman?’
“And she had a think about it and went, ‘Hmmm . . . I can see your point!’”

Rochelle Humes

Rochelle Humes has ruled out taking part in Strictly Come Dancing despite bandmates Mollie King and Frankie Bridge competing.
The Saturdays singer had previously appeared in the Christmas special, but has no plans to sign up for the full series.
She explained to OK! magazine: "I love watching it, I just don't have the bug for it.

"As a contestant I would find it so hard learning a new dance every week, remembering all that."
Rochelle added: "I think you have to be so committed to it and I don't love being on the go that much, but I really love the show, it's classic Saturday night TV."
Rochelle Humes

Kate Humble
Springwatch presenter Kate Humble was in talks with show bosses but got cold feet.
“They looked at me and said ‘you HAVE to do Strictly’. It started to make me wonder if I was being really stupid as it is such a great show," she said on being invited to take part.
But Kate told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "When we got to the meeting, the more talk there was of sequins, make-up and Strictly Takes Two, the more I could feel myself pouring with sweat. It’s just not me and I was literally about to have a panic attack at the thought of wearing make up and dresses!

"My agent realised and gently put her hand on my knee as if to say ‘it’s ok, don’’t worry’.
“There are so many people who love it and get so much out of it but I will stick to animals and being mucky. I am better at that. That’s more my comfort zone.”

Ads

Tags
top 10

New topics in USA / UK International TV shows

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: