Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TOP Shows to start this weekend

Views: 2465  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-25-2011, 01:00 PM

Default TOP Shows to start this weekend

I start this column on an optimistic note. The week ahead is looking good to me. And I hope this unpredictable medium doesn’t prove me wrong. The way the small screen is progressing and getting better with each passing show it definitely has a lot to offer this week to its loyal audiences.

Right from the viewer sitting somewhere in the hinterland to the urban loyalist there is something for everyone. And it’s in this quest to satisfy each and every kind of viewer that the creators of such shows are striving hard at. How they manage to satisfy a homemaker from the remote villages of India and also the Page 3 socialite or the young teeny bopper or the aging millions in this country is anyone’s guess.

So this week as I look ahead at the upcoming shows I am eager and enthusiastic. Let’s start with a show that really looks promising to me - Mrs Tendulkar. When a show has an actor like Deven Bhojani playing the lead, half the battle is won. And it is double the pleasure as the show is brought to you by the makers of shows like Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai, Baa Bahoo Baby, Khichdi. So when Deven returns to the small screen with this production the expectations soar high. The show has Deven playing a house husband (if not for anything else but for this subject the show has already earned brownie points) who does all household chores whilst his ambitious wife goes to work. The comic situations that arise therefore will make this show quite appealing. I hope!
As I am on light hearted shows the other light comedy that is up for viewing is Pyar Mein Twist on Star Plus. This one too comes from the makers of the hit Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. The show which stars Manish Paul and Roshni Chopra also has stand up artist Bharti Singh making her debut in fiction. She plays Roshni’s mother in this one. This one is a weekend show and one anticipates that the weekends will be a lot more relaxing now.

Then there are two more new shows that are up on Star Plus. Luv U Zindagi which is inspired from the super successful Jab We Met and Wife Bina Life. Luv U Zindagi may attract viewership because of its inspiration whilst Wife Bina Life, a reality show where the man gets to realize the importance of his wife when she goes on a holiday while he does all the work at home.

So as we ready ourselves to welcome the new shows let me also give you some current ones you are already glued to.
Now that Shweta Tiwari has won Bigg Boss and is back home she is all ready to dance her way-literally into your hearts once again. The ***y Shweta will be seen sizzling in an item song in Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli. As the promos suggest a new entry called Ranchod Tiwary is on the cards in this Rajshri Production. Shweta has been brought in to unveil this character. Though item songs are not new to TV shows what is surprising is the fact that a production house known for its clean family entertainers will have a sizzling number on its prime time show. Oh the demands of TRPs!

So while I am on the all important ratings game we now will see Mallika Sherawat shoved out of Chak Dhoom Dhoom. And in her place will step in Marathi mulgi Urmila Matondkar to judge the show. A source informs that Madame Sherawat was throwing too many tantrums and both the channel and production house asked her to slink away…Now they don’t know what happens when you anger a snake! She is already hissing…
As for all those who are hooked on to the other clean and brilliantly crafted Sasural Genda Phool the lead couple Ishaan and Suhana will now proceed on their honeymoon.

And those of you who have switched on to Maa Exchange on Sony this week has Apara Mehta step into Sudesh Berry’s house. Now this is one exchange that will be interesting to watch. Apara, the blue-blooded Gujarati claims she cannot roll out rotis and Berry’s joint family isn’t very pleased with the actress. Some fireworks are expected and that is sure to get the ratings up.

Is he is or is he out…this was Mishal Raheja’s status since the past few weeks. The angry young man of Laagi Tujhse Lagan was yet another actor who was throwing his weight around and he was almost out of the show. But now it is heard that the production house, his director and he have buried the hatchet and so Mishal continues as Duttabhau, so all his fans can heave a sigh of relief.
I sign off…hoping for an exciting week of television watching!

Tags
tvshows

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->