Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Defining moments of the year that was

Views: 2211  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Sr.Member

Default Defining moments of the year that was

Defining moments of the year that was

A year is made up of moments. And moments are always embedded in the mind. Last year was a collage of memories that we will remember till the end of our time. Though not all of them. So we bring forth three most important moments of the year gone past.

asks celebs about the three defining moments of 2008 that they wish to highlight.

Shubhangi Aatre
This year, my daughter Aarti started going to school. The moment I saw her in a school uniform was the most defining moment of 2008. She was looking so pretty that day.
I also bought my first car this year which was another defining moment.

And the last defining moment was me winning awards at award functions. It feels nice to be rewarded for your hard work.

Sanaya Irani
The moment I was finalised for my show Miley Jab Hum Tum was beyond doubt the most defining moment.
The recent terror attack in Mumbai was a defining moment not just for me but for entire India. I wish that such a thing never happens again in our country or any other country. Post this attack, I never felt like celebrating anything.

I received an award recently for my performance in Miley Jab…. It was an important moment.

Varun Badola
The shoot out on 26/11 and the nuclear deal between India and US were the defining moments of 2008.

As far as my personal life is concerned, nothing much has happened this year. The good part was that there have been no hiccups. It was a smooth year. There have not been any such defining or crucial moments in my life this year. I have not been taking up much work as I am not happy with the shows that I am offered. I will only do something that I believe in and something that is meaningful.

Yash Tonk
The first defining moment of the year 2008 came when I went on to a holiday with my family to Khandala because I spent some quality time with my family.

The second defining moment was the surprise birthday party that I threw for my wife.

The third defining moment was me beginning to shoot for my upcoming film Mai Aur Mrs. Khanna. It was a defining moment as I was shooting for a film after a long time. We were shooting in Australia where the climate was really pleasant and we had a great time.

Ahsaan Qureshi
The terror attack of 26/11 where India lost brave policemen and commandos along with many innocent people. The true faces of politicians got exposed, the weaknesses and faults in our governing system were out n the open.

Entering the Bigg Boss house was a crucial moment. Though I did not get what I had expected from the show but being a part of this show and surviving there is success in itself. Apart from my comic image I managed to create another identity for myself.

It felt great when I bagged an amazing film titled Guilty. It is a Marathi film that will be later released in forty different languages. The film is based on people suffering from HIV positive. It has a social message.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-31-2008, 11:09 PM
Sr.Member

Default What they will not do in 2009

What they will not do in 2009

As with every other new year, this year too, reams of newsprint are being used on describing how celebrities are planning to usher in 2009 and what they plan to do in the new year. TellyChakkar decided to take a completely different approach to this theme. We decided to ask people 'What they will not do in 2009, having learned from mistakes this year' While some telestars openly admitted to their mistakes and vowed not to repeat them, others avoided the question by saying 'It is difficult to answer'!

Here's a sneak preview into the actors' world and what they do not want to do in 2009.

Purbi Joshi
I think this year has really showed us how lethargic we have become as citizens of India. Be it obeying traffic rules at the very simplest of things or participating in elections, we have always tried to shirk our responsibility and pass the buck on to somebody. I have taken it on myself to educate people around me and ensure to the extent possible that they vote to select an able leader and carry out their responsibilities as a citizen. I think all of us should take this cause up and ensure that people around us get out of that lethargy. This is something we just cannot afford in 2009. We have already paid a heavy price during the Mumbai terror attacks because of this.

At a personal level, however, I had a nice year in 2008.

Chaitanya Chowdhury
This is a very negative question and I have never looked at life like this. As everybody around me knows – I am extremely positive about things around me and will tackle the new year similarly! However, if you ask me about what made me sad in 2008, the answer will be missing out on the grand finale of Zara Nachke Dikha. I am confident that I would have turned things our way, if I had managed to participate in the finals. I was down with a very bad bout of dengue during that time and the disease really made me very weak. But as you will agree, there is no real learning from this!

Deepa Parab
My greatest area of improvement in 2009 is the amount of time I spend in the gym taking care of my health and body. Of late, I have been spending very little time at the gym and that is something I really would like to improve in 2009.

However, this is not really a regret – it is more of a wish not coming true. I am a very positive person and would like to plan better to spend time in taking care of my health and body.

Prachi Shah
The year 2008 has been a very significant one for me. I delivered a lovely baby girl called Khiyana. I am really lucky that I could work till I was eight months pregnant. I never regret or repent over anything. I believe that you can conquer the world if you have destiny, hard work and love on your side.

Currently I am taking a six-month break after which I want to come back with a good show. I have always been lucky in terms of getting new work and I hope that continues next year as well. I do not want to take up any bad roles in 2009 just for the sake of a comeback.

Ashita Dhawan
It is very tough to maintain a relationship – whatever it may be. In 2009, I will try and ensure that I do not hurt anyone! In the profession that we are in, it is very important not to break people's hearts – be it our fans or colleagues. I think this is an area where I could have done better in 2008 and have learned from my mistake.

But I do not have any regrets for 2008. Both -- my performance in Bidaai… and in the reality show Zara Nachke Dikha – were appreciated by people from all quarters.

Anisha Kapoor
As you are aware, I am shooting for two dailies now. Anyone associated with the television industry will realize what I am undergoing. In 2009, I want to change this. I want to take some rest and manage my schedules better.

I do regret one incident badly in 2008. I lost my best friend Sakshi from Delhi in 2008 and I do not think I could do justice to her. She used to call me often, but my schedule being such that I could never speak to properly. And today I really regret that. I hope I don't do anything similar in 2009.

Dimple Jhangiani
I think I concentrated too much on one single role in 2008 and do not want to work with the same constraints in 2009. I want to take up different roles that will allow me to prove my versatility as an actor.

I don't have any regrets because 2007 and 08 have been the most glorious years in my life. I was a typical middle class girl and never thought that I would join the glamour world one day. It was like a dream come true for me. So there is no way I can regret anything in 2008, I had loads of them before 2007!

Krishna
In 2009, I will take only one oath – I need to junk junk food completely. I eat a lot of junk food daily and it is not doing any good to my health. I should have realized and stopped this in 2008, but did not.

This year has also made me realize the importance of voting. Unless we as citizens choose the right candidate to lead us, there will be many 26/11s.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->