Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

Yoga Therapy for Thyroid

Views: 749  
Old 01-12-2023, 09:47 AM

Default Yoga Therapy for Thyroid

Yoga Therapy for Thyroid:

Practice each pose/asana for 10 seconds each and repeat 5 sets.

1. Ustrasana for thyroid:
  • Kneel on the yoga mat and place your hands on the hips.
  • Simultaneously, arch your back and slide your palms over your feet till the arms are straight.
  • Do not strain or flex your neck but keep it in a neutral position.
  • Stay in this posture for a couple of breaths.
  • Breathe out and slowly come back to the initial pose.
  • Withdraw your hands and bring them back to your hips as you straighten up.
2. Matsyasana for thyroid
  • Lie down on your back on the yoga mat.
  • Breathe in along by pushing your elbows & forearms strongly against the ground or floor or use your palms to lift up your head and shoulders.
  • Then, push your shoulder blade to your back when you breathe in and raise your upper section (upper torso). Keep your head far from the ground/floor.
  • Try to place your crown part on the floor.
  • You may also straighten your legs or bend your knees for your comfort.
Word of Advice: Those having lumbago, neck pain, spondylitis, and high blood pressure should not practice this posture.

3. Halasana for thyroid
  • Lie on your back and place your palms on the floor beside you
  • Use your abdominal muscles to lift your legs up 90 degrees
  • Press your palms firmly into the floor and drop your legs back behind your head
  • Support your lower back with the palms as required
  • Hold the asana for a while
Word of Advice Those having lumbago, neck pain, spondylitis, and high blood pressure should not practice this posture.

4. Sarvangasana for thyroid
  • Lie down on your back and place your arms beside you
  • Gently lift your legs off the floor and position them perpendicular to the floor with feet facing the sky.
  • Slowly lift your pelvis and back off the floor.
  • Place your palms on your back for support.
  • Try to align your shoulder, torso, pelvis, legs, and feet.
  • Focus your gaze on your feet.
Word of Advice
  • Practitioners with wrist, neck, or shoulder issues should refrain from performing this asana.
  • Women must refrain from performing this asana during menstruation or pregnancy.
  • Practitioners who are suffering from enlarged thyroid, liver or spleen, cervical spondylitis, slipped disc and high blood pressure or other heart ailments must refrain from performing this asana.
5. Ujjayi Pranayama for thyroid
  • Sit in a comfortable pose
  • Straighten your back and close your eyes
  • Place your left palm on your knee facing up (in Prapthi Mudra)
  • Contract your throat and breathe in from your nose
  • As you inhale, you must make an audible sound
  • After you have slowly filled your lungs with air, make an ‘O’ shape with your lips and exhale through itDuration You may begin by practicing this breathing technique for five minutes a day and gradually increase it with time.
The thyroid gland is twisted, compressed, and massaged during yoga poses, which enhances thyroid activity. Additionally, it aids in the body’s proper metabolism development. To find out whatever type of thyroid disease you have, it is crucial that you see a doctor before beginning a yoga practice. Yoga asanas are a less demanding kind of exercise for excellent health.

Tags
Can surya namaskar cure thyroid, Can thyroid cured by Ayurveda, Can Walking improve thyroid, Can yoga cure thyroid permanently, Can yoga reverse thyroid issues, Halasana for thyroid, Health tips, How can I lower my TSH level, How can I recover my thyroid permanently, How can I reduce my hypothyroidism naturally, How does Ramdev Baba cure thyroid, Is chapati good for thyroid, Is curd good for thyroid, Is Kapalbhati good for thyroid, Is thyroid curable by exercise, Matsyasana for thyroid, Sarvangasana for thyroid, tips, top 10, Ujjayi Pranayama for thyroid, Ustrasana for thyroid, What foods control thyroid, What foods ignore thyroid, Which dry fruit is good for thyroid, Which exercise is good for thyroid, Which Pranayam is benefit for thyroid, Which yoga is best for thyroid

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum