Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Catch the week’s best on TV

Views: 9536  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-10-2009, 05:35 PM

Default Catch the week’s best on TV

Poonam Dhillon in new Punjabi show & YRF

Poonam Dhillon has done many TV shows and was seen in a Punjabi show for the first time in 2008 on a channel called Just TV. The buzz is that she has been offered another Punjabi show.

The actress, who has just finished shooting for Dil Bole Haddipa, says, “For the Punjabi show last year it was initially difficult to speak my lines in Punjabi after many years. I was not comfortable but I did it and it was a great emotional experience. I could not see the show but the makers told me that it was greatly appreciated in North India. I have been offered another show but I don’t think I will be able do it right now, as it is very time-consuming.”

Poonam is open to doing Hindi shows or even what she calls sensible reality shows. “I have done many Hindi shows and I would like to do more, as it has a wider reach. I have been offered reality shows too but I do not want to do shows like Big Brother or Moment of Truth which aim create sensation. I don’t mind judging shows too but it has to be of good quality.”

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-10-2009, 05:38 PM

Ekta Kapoor in Pavitra Rishta?

After news of Manav (Sushant Singh Rajput) and Archana (Ankita Lokhande) getting married soon on Pavitra Rishta, there are more exciting developments: soap queen and producer Ekta Kapoor will be making a special appearance in their wedding scene.

A source says, “The wedding sequence is a one-hour special and will be shot in a very grand way. There are chances that Ekta Kapoor will make an appearance on the show.” Apparently, Ekta is thrilled with the response her show has been getting. The source adds, “Pavitra Rishta has been getting good ratings of above 3. Ekta is so elated that she recently visited Dugdoo Sheth Halwaai in Pune to seek blessings.”

Actor Sushant Singh Rajput says, “Even I’ve heard that Ekta ma’am will make an appearance, but we haven’t been told anything definitely. All we know is that the wedding sequence will be shot next week and it will be very grand. There are going to be promotional hoardings all over the city.”
Old 07-10-2009, 05:39 PM

Angry Pooja Madaan exits Swarg

Pooja Madaan exits Swarg

Kamla Tripathi of Maat Pita Ke Charono Main Swarg is dead, which means that Pooja Madaan, who played the role, has finished her cameo. The actress, who made a comeback through Swarg, says, “Everyone there is very talented. It was a great experience shooting with Rajan and I would love to work with them again. I was offered the show and took it up because my character was strong, the serial airs on a good channel and, most of all, because it was a cameo. Doing a daily is not my cup of tea but I am ready to do shorter roles. I have a 3-year-old daughter, Samika, who has just started going to nursery so I wanted to make sure I’d still be able to spend time with her.”

To minimise their time apart, Pooja brought her toddler to the sets whenever possible. She explains, “During the one-month duration of shooting, my mother would take care of her. But I took Samika to Vrindavan when we shot there for two days and she enjoyed herself. Everyone pampered her on the sets.”

For now, Pooja is enjoying time with her daughter and catching up with friends. She plans to soon shoot Samika’s portfolio and is also looking forward to more acting assignments. “I am open to film offers as the schedules are less hectic,” she says.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:40 PM

Thumbs up Alekh and Sadhana to marry… again

Alekh and Sadhana to marry… again

Bidaai’s Alekh (Angad Hasija) and Sadhana (Sara Khan) are all set to tie the knot once again.

A source says, “The last time around, when Sadhana married to Alekh, it was more of a sacrifice. She married Alekh because she is promised that Alekh’s brother Ranbir (Kinshuk Mahajan) will then marry her sister Ragini (Parul Chauhan). At the time, her parents were not aware that Alekh was mentally challenged. However, when they come to know this, they do not support their daughter’s decision. Now that everything between them is fine, they are getting married again.”

Angad confirms the news: “Alekh and Sadhana will marry again with all the rituals all over again, though, this time, it will be on a happier note and with everybody’s consent. We are currently shooting all the rituals.” He also let slip something interesting: “We’ve already shot for the sangeet. Viewers will get to see Alekh singing a song!”
Old 07-10-2009, 05:40 PM

Thumbs up Sach Ka Saamna to air on July 15

Sach Ka Saamna to air on July 15

Sach Ka Saamna, the show that grills contestants about personal and embarrassing information on their lives, will go launch on July 15. It will air Monday to Friday at 10.30pm.

An Indya source says, “There was lot of speculation about the time slot for the show. Earlier, it was planned for a weekend slot, maybe twice or thrice a week, but we finally got a slot similar to that of Aap Ki Kacheri.”

The promos and a few episodes of Sach Ka Saamna have already been shot with host Rajeev Khandelwal. The source adds, “Rajeev is seen challenging people on whether they are ready to face the truth and give the agnipariksha.

Till now, celebrities Vinod Kambli, Bobby Darling and Urvarshi Dholakia have shot for episodes on the show. Shooting is currently on hold and will resume after eight days.

Tags
top tv news

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->