Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Akshay Kumar ’s Singh is King runs into trouble

Views: 3204  
Old 12-19-2008, 03:24 PM
justfuntv

Default Akshay Kumar ’s Singh is King runs into trouble

Producer Vipul Shah’s movie Singh is King has invited the wrath of the Sikh community for its portrayal of Sikhs as in the character played by Akshay Kumar.

Akshay had featured with a trimmed beard and a cap like turban, a bad precedent for young Sikhs according to community leaders. They have asked Vipul Shah to withdraw lakhs of posters showing Akshay in the particular look and get up.
Vipul Shah has immediately agreed to the demands by withdrawing posters and re-shooting portions of the movie which now shows Akshay returning to his roots and sporting a full beard and turban at the end of the movie.

Akshay, who was shooting in South Africa, returned to Mumbai for the re-shooting at Film City. .
“I play a Sikh in the film. There had been some lapses like wrong rendition of Gurbani and my look. Some portions were deleted and one additional dialogue where my character seeks forgiveness if he has committed any mistake has been incorporated. The changes will benefit our film, ” he said.

Singh is King slated for an August release is a commercial entertainer. It is a positive film on the Sikh community. I have also taken efforts to ensure that I do not hurt any body’s sentiments,” the film’s director Anees Bazmi told PTI
He further said, “I had shown the rushes of the film to different Sikh bodies as even though I have taken care, there could be some lapses. The Sikh group who saw the film suggested some changes in the appearance of Akshay as a Sikh and few dialogues and we agreed to it.” Bazmi said the sequences, which were re-shot in presence of Sikh groups, included close-ups of
Akshay Kumar who appears in the film as a Sikh and few dialogues.
“The Sikh groups have expressed full support to the film and are satisfied with the sequences which have been re-shot,” Bazmi said.

“We told them that the entire film cannot be re-shot but we promised to show the film to the community members before its release and according to their advice the changes were incorporated, “
Vipul Shah added.
The film also stars
Katrina Kaif, Om Puri, Sonu Sood and Sudhanshu Pande among others.

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum