Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

Cinnamon Rolls (Fourth of july Recipes)

Views: 5582  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Award Winner

Default Cinnamon Rolls (Fourth of july Recipes)

Prep Time: 3+ hours | Cook Time: 30 minutes or less | Serves: 12
Dessert » Bun » American

Ingredients:

Dough:
1 C. milk
1/2 C. granulated sugar
2 1/4 tsp. yeast (or one packet dry)
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 C. margarine or ****er, melted

Filling:
1/4 C. ****er, melted
1 T. cinnamon
3/4 C. brown sugar

OPTIONAL pan addition:
3/4 C. ****er, melted
3/4 C. brown sugar

Icing:
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 C. ****er, softened
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
1 1/2 C. confectioner's sugar

Margarine or ****er are fine here - I use margarine, just because you can't taste the difference and ****er is expensive. I also recommend that SAF Perfect Rise yeast, as well as the King Arthur Flour. SAF Perfect Rise is just that, perfect. And the KA Flour is just so much better than the average stuff in the grocery store - the all-purpose has a higher protein content than your average all-purpose flour, which makes it perfect for breads. If you're not using KA, then buy bread flour.

Award Winner

Step 1:

Here we go. I use two bowls - one for mixing, one for rising. Why? Because I hate washing out bowls in the middle of baking, that's why. Either way, they're both fairly large-sized bowls.
Award Winner

Step 2:

First, you want to pour your milk out, and heat it up. I toss it in my microwave on high for 1 minute. Basically, you want your milk to be lukewarm - if you drip it on the inside of your wrist, you shouldn't feel it, because skin temp is just about right. Yeast needs warm and wet to grow. It also needs sugar, so after you heat your milk up, throw it in your bowl, mix in the sugar, then add the yeast. In the above picture, all three are in there.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Award Winner

Step 3:

Next, you can do what's called "proofing" the yeast - getting your proof that the yeast is alive, well, and working. With the yeast I'm using, you can get away without doing this, but it's not a bad idea. After you mix your yeast into your liquid and sugar, let it sit around for about 10 minutes. It should start looking like this:

Basically, it should start forming bubbles, and start to smell really yeasty. If it doesn't start bubbling at all after 15-20 minutes, toss it out and start over.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Award Winner

Step 4:

Once your yeast is started, start mixing in your flour, a 1/2 cup at a time. Your dough will start looking like so:

Tags
recipe

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum